Hello everybody, I've uploaded all of the pictures we have seen thus far to my Brickshelf gallery:

lego-technic-ultraleicht-hubschrauber-42

Not really a whole lot to add, except that thankfully,  we only have chocolate brown 5L axles with stop. But still, do we really need color coded parts in Technic sets? especially when the chosen colors clash with everything? Anyway, on 42057, we have the initials LKJ, and on 42062, we have NBK. Do we know who either of these two might be? Whoever NBK is, he must be OK with 420. (Man, I'm surprised that made it under the radar. I hope that doesn't lead to a recall.) Anyway, a lot of basic stuff, but at least the small sets have an excuse. However, there is no excuse for 42064 being so simple. This is Technic, not City!

Also, 42065 gets me in a special way. A Nerd Rage way.

So yeah I've got Nerd Rage over the fact that this..thing exists, occupying a slot that could have been taken up by a far more worthy set. All we get is the most basic chassis and body work, with M motors for propulsion that directly drive the sprockets, and a standard battery box. No L motors, no suspension, no interesting driveline, no AAA or rechargeable battery box, no actual RC, no interest whatsoever. Also, why choose a tracked vehicle, when you're already limited in terms of parts? Why is it so expensive, yet so primitive? the 4958 Monster Dino had roughly twice the number of parts, yet retailed for the same price. Even if you consider the cost of the Power Functions, the set should only cost about $75 dollars, not $100. And, that's considering if it cost Lego retail prices to put in Power Functions, which is not how it works. I can't believe that this thing exists, at this price point. Maybe if it used L motors, and had a rechargeable battery box, it would actually be pretty nice, but it doesn't. It is just the most basic possible PF vehicle, slapped with a $100 price tag. And, because of the inherent limitations of the stupid IR receivers, I don't think it will do well even in the 9-16 year old demographic. Because it's fast, they'd want to take it outside, which you can't do, because of the receivers. I don't predict that that many kids will be asking for it, because they will think it's not really a Technic set. But, I don't have to buy it. And now that I've got it out, I feel much better.

Edited by Saberwing40k

4 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Hello everybody, I've uploaded all of the pictures we have seen thus far to my Brickshelf gallery:

lego-technic-ultraleicht-hubschrauber-42

Not really a whole lot to add, except that thankfully,  we only have chocolate brown 5L axles with stop. But still, do we really need color coded parts in Technic sets? especially when the chosen colors clash with everything? Anyway, on 42057, we have the initials LKJ, and on 42062, we have NBK. Do we know who either of these two might be? Whoever NBK is, he must be OK with 420. (Man, I'm surprised that made it under the radar. I hope that doesn't lead to a recall.) Anyway, a lot of basic stuff, but at least the small sets have an excuse. However, there is no excuse for 42064 being so simple. This is Technic, not City!

Also, 42065 gets me in a special way. A Nerd Rage way.

So yeah I've got Nerd Rage over the fact that this..thing exists, occupying a slot that could have been taken up by a far more worthy set. All we get is the most basic chassis and body work, with M motors for propulsion that directly drive the sprockets, and a standard battery box. No L motors, no suspension, no interesting driveline, no AAA or rechargeable battery box, no actual RC, no interest whatsoever. Also, why choose a tracked vehicle, when you're already limited in terms of parts? Why is it so expensive, yet so primitive? the 4958 Monster Dino had roughly twice the number of parts, yet retailed for the same price. Even if you consider the cost of the Power Functions, the set should only cost about $75 dollars, not $100. And, that's considering if it cost Lego retail prices to put in Power Functions, which is not how it works. I can't believe that this thing exists, at this price point. Maybe if it used L motors, and had a rechargeable battery box, it would actually be pretty nice, but it doesn't. It is just the most basic possible PF vehicle, slapped with a $100 price tag. And, because of the inherent limitations of the stupid IR receivers, I don't think it will do well even in the 9-16 year old demographic. Because it's fast, they'd want to take it outside, which you can't do, because of the receivers. I don't predict that that many kids will be asking for it, because they will think it's not really a Technic set. But, I don't have to buy it. And now that I've got it out, I feel much better.

LKJ is Lars Krogh Jensen, who also designed sets such as 8273 and 42025. As for NBK, no idea. Initials that don't correspond with actual designer names are usually on sets designed by Alfred Pedersen (looks like he's the one behind 42060), though I am reminded of a certain Mr. Kuipers...

Also, I agree with you on 42065. It's way too basic. Even 9398 had complexity. I guess PF fanatics may have to place their hope in 42066...

Edited by Maaboo35

15 hours ago, Nequmodiva said:

Yep, there has always been one set at a 10€ price point for years now. They were always quite nice, but nothing more. And thinking about it the last one I really bought was 8065 Mini Container Truck in 2011.

They can be very nice desk toys or small display pieces though, and this years display team jet was a godsend for those wanting white panels, 10 of em in a €10 set! I bought an extra just for the panels.

Can I get somebody to talk me out of my love affair for 42065

I don't know much about Technic or PF at all.  But I've been wanting to build a simple remote-control tank for a while, and that's 90% of it right there. 

Well in my opinion the 42065 at reasonable price will be a market hot purchase, why? Kids will have a lot playability with this set. It is not for AFOL it is for their beloved children :) 

I will buy on for my 4 years old son for sure. 

1 hour ago, Space Police XVIII said:

I don't know much about Technic or PF at all.  But I've been wanting to build a simple remote-control tank for a while, and that's 90% of it right there. 

Wow. One man's trash really is another man's treasure. Guess it all depends on what you want to build. :classic:

I just saw 42063's b model. I'm guessing what the heck is that? I guess it's some kind of way of travel in the future 

Spoiler

What if Bmw will make it and they used Lego technic to tease people :pir-oh:

Edited by Kmuffin

14 minutes ago, Kmuffin said:

42058 and 42059 combined looks pretty cool looks like a futuristic truck. Reminds me of 8462 from 1998

There is definitely a resemblance there. It also looks like a sleeker version of the pullback combi model from 2014.

9 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

There is definitely a resemblance there. It also looks like a sleeker version of the pullback combi model from 2014.

Yeah it does. The pullback combi from 2014's cabin resembled the 8041/42041 not alot but a bit. The new only needs a spoiler to like a race truck. Actually 42058 and 42059's main models don't look very good compared to older pull backs. The bets looking ones for me were 42026,42027 and 42046.

Edited by Kmuffin

8 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Also, I agree with you on 42065. It's way too basic. Even 9398 had complexity. I guess PF fanatics may have to place their hope in 42066...

9398 was a flagship for 2012 and we are speaking about 1H2017 member? So 42065 fit its purpose in product line. And if performance is going to be good this set is going to sell well. I wouldn't call it RC though.

What's even more unusual is that, the BMW bike B model is not a licensed model, not even a real vehicle, yet it has the BMW logo on it. Even more, that logo is on a sticker for the B-model only.

So I really wonder how TLG persuaded BMW to have the BMW logo on the B model :look:

It's likely that the designers at BMW have concept ideas or sketches for all kinds of weird and wonderful future "tech" that may not ever be seen in reality. So the B model could be based on that. I guess it will be called a concept air/water craft or something like that.

8 hours ago, AOW said:

Well in my opinion the 42065 at reasonable price will be a market hot purchase, why? Kids will have a lot playability with this set. It is not for AFOL it is for their beloved children :) 

I will buy on for my 4 years old son for sure. 

The problem is that it's not reasonable. If it were a $70 set, it would be a good price, but it's $100, for a 300 part set. Like I said, it is way overpriced. And, this is a Technic set, it's not just about playability, it's about technical challenge. Just get your son an actual RC car, and a $50 set. Both would be better.

10 hours ago, Space Police XVIII said:

I'd just get the PF parts separately, and then get a set with tracks, like 42038. I don't know why so many people like 42065, you could get the PF parts on their own, and then buy a larger, and better set for the same price. It's far and away overpriced, even considering the PF. If it were like $60-70, the simplicity would be more forgivable. But not for $100.

23 hours ago, AOW said:

It is not for AFOL it is for their beloved children :) 

Makes sense. Actually most of 1H sets are child targeted I'd say. Last year many of us were upset in 1H but were all amazed when 2H sets got disclosed. I think the same will happen this year. But for children 42065 is very playable. Few days age while discussing with my 10 years old what to build, he told me he'd like a remote controlled tracked vehicle and this was after he saw the new pictures. We built a simple one in an hour and then it appeared that his interest is to make it drive in rough terrain, which he did.

I dont have a big interest in 42065 but in my country rc parts are unavailable only The 8293 set is available. Buying it wouldn't be so bad, since I'm still not a lot experienced in technic.

18 hours ago, allanp said:

It's likely that the designers at BMW have concept ideas or sketches for all kinds of weird and wonderful future "tech" that may not ever be seen in reality. So the B model could be based on that. I guess it will be called a concept air/water craft or something like that.

Or BMW concept hovercraft :laugh:

Is there specific issue lately with Technic sets ending with 1? 42051, 42061... and 42041 was only a reissue.

5 hours ago, Samer said:

Or BMW concept hovercraft :laugh:

Is there specific issue lately with Technic sets ending with 1? 42051, 42061... and 42041 was only a reissue.

Who said there was an issue with 42061? Personally, I think the reason that 42061's slot on Brickset has gone walkies is because both it and 42062 were labelled as 'Container Transport' in the prelim stage. It'll probably reappear when info on the actual set turns up.

I don't think. There are no official photos of it, but all other models are listed in web shops. Maybe a delay for march/april release.

but,still, we're waiting for last year's remaining fire truck ?

I have a favour to ask you. To more skilful users. Can anyone built a replica of 42065? It should not be difficult. I would try to build my but I simply don't have all needed parts

8 hours ago, AOW said:

I have a favour to ask you. To more skilful users. Can anyone built a replica of 42065? It should not be difficult. I would try to build my but I simply don't have all needed parts

ilea alex made one:

Spoiler

How do I get that blank spoiler box to go away!

Anyway, here are my thoughts on the sets:

42057 : Nothing spectacular or new but nevertheless an intrusting aircraft. 

42058 : I don't like this set very much- it looks a bit  dull and boring.

42059 : Pretty cool- I like the overall shape and the blue coulour scheme.

42060 : This sets design is superb - especially the digger!

42062 : So realistic looking and cleverly put together! The concept off the set and the appearance of the vehicles are great - My second favourite set in this wave.

42064 : This set blew me away! The ship looks incredible and I love all the features and to be fair I love lego boats in general. This is my favourite EVER technic set.

42065 : I like the middle section with the green colour scheme and cool shape but I would much rather this set have wheels instead of the ugly tyre things included in this set.

Overall, this is a wave with both strengh and weakness.

Hope you agree with my thoughts.

The lego fan.

4 hours ago, The lego fan said:
  Hide contents

How do I get that blank spoiler box to go away!

Anyway, here are my thoughts on the sets:

42057 : Nothing spectacular or new but nevertheless an intrusting aircraft. 

42058 : I don't like this set very much- it looks a bit  dull and boring.

42059 : Pretty cool- I like the overall shape and the blue coulour scheme.

42060 : This sets design is superb - especially the digger!

42062 : So realistic looking and cleverly put together! The concept off the set and the appearance of the vehicles are great - My second favourite set in this wave.

42064 : This set blew me away! The ship looks incredible and I love all the features and to be fair I love lego boats in general. This is my favourite EVER technic set.

42065 : I like the middle section with the green colour scheme and cool shape but I would much rather this set have wheels instead of the ugly tyre things included in this set.

Overall, this is a wave with both strengh and weakness.

Hope you agree with my thoughts.

The lego fan.

tracks are better for offroading so i disaggree and what about the bmw?

20 minutes ago, legotechnicisawesome said:

tracks are better for offroading so i disaggree and what about the bmw?

Sorry, I haven't found pictures of the bmw yet - is it set 42061?

I wondered why there was no 42061 with the pictures I looked at!

Thanks for your thoughts, I suppose tracks are better for off-roading but in my opinion I think wheels would look better. But that's just my opinion?.

The lego fan.