18 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The comments in that pic on Twitter :hmpf::hmpf::hmpf::hmpf:

Yeah, it's pretty insufferable, all that complaining about not getting minifigure versions. If those people had done any research they'd have found that 5 of the 9 mini-dolls included here have already had minifigure variations (multiple variations at that). While mini-dolls aren't my preference, I actually find these sets to be quite respectable looking. They didn't use excessive amounts of pink. They actually gave the villain an angry expression (which is shocking for a mini-doll). And they gave them action oriented set builds with vehicles and weapons when they could have just as easily made these characters shop at the mall. At this point, all those Twitter users are judging is the use of more humanoid looking figures. Apparently crime-fighting isn't acceptable in the building block world if you happen to even somewhat resemble a human. There's no pleasing the internet.

Do we know if any of the new hairpieces are hard plastic?

Dosnt people know the target audience for these sets? young girls, Not the adults on twitter saying minidolls show unrealistic opinions of beauty and make people kill them self because of the stress. 

1 hour ago, strangely said:

Yeah, it's pretty insufferable, all that complaining about not getting minifigure versions. If those people had done any research they'd have found that 5 of the 9 mini-dolls included here have already had minifigure variations (multiple variations at that). While mini-dolls aren't my preference, I actually find these sets to be quite respectable looking. They didn't use excessive amounts of pink. They actually gave the villain an angry expression (which is shocking for a mini-doll). And they gave them action oriented set builds with vehicles and weapons when they could have just as easily made these characters shop at the mall. At this point, all those Twitter users are judging is the use of more humanoid looking figures. Apparently crime-fighting isn't acceptable in the building block world if you happen to even somewhat resemble a human. There's no pleasing the internet.

Do we know if any of the new hairpieces are hard plastic?

Hold on, I'm only counting 6 mini-dolls here. What am I missing? Are the other 3 on the prelims? If so, can someone remind me what they are?

4 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Hold on, I'm only counting 6 mini-dolls here. What am I missing? Are the other 3 on the prelims? If so, can someone remind me what they are?

Wonder Woman, Lashina and Bumblebee.

Agreed. If we're looking all themes with mini-dolls this one is easily the best. Great printing on them and the builds look more complete than some of the other stuff that Lego has put out for their sets marketed towards girls especially that cafe. I sort of want that Lena Luthor figure just to have alongside Lex or something and the lace printing on Batgirl's yellow Timbs looks really high quality and well done. :thumbup:

I'm still not really into mini-dolls and will not be buying these sets unless heavily-discounted since I too am not in the age demographic Lego is trying to gear towards and won't really have much of a use with them but I can look at them objectively rather than subjectively for a moment and can easily say these figs and builds are the crem de la crem of Lego's "girl-themed" sets. 

Edited by Legocity2713

My wife collects both minidolls and super hero minifigs, and when I showed her the pics she felt that the minifig versions were still superior. I have to agree for the most part. I know some people will love this theme, and I'm happy for them. At the same time I'm happy that this gives me more room in my budget for the Lego Batman Movie.

Wonder Woman, Lashina and Bumblebee.

Thanks!

I don't know who she is, but I really like the look of the girl in the leafy dress and red hair.

2 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Dosnt people know the target audience for these sets? young girls, Not the adults on twitter saying minidolls show unrealistic opinions of beauty and make people kill them self because of the stress. 

I wonder if the same people were complaining about the duplo dc superheroes...
DUPLO-super-heroes1.jpg

...and asking for the classic figures:
8d4313aca516714f135848262e610449.jpg

23 minutes ago, Sarah said:

I don't know who she is, but I really like the look of the girl in the leafy dress and red hair.

Thats Poison Ivy 

I can't remember, are the Lego Batman Movie sets okay to talk about here? Because that Arkham and Batcave are clearly part of a scheme for Lego to trick me into giving them all of my money by making products I want with all my heart and soul.

Dream theme for me as a child! The builds are kind of meh, but the figures are all outstanding!

That bat jet has grown on me since the prelims. I still think the purple should be dark blue though. The crystal creature's vehicle is hardly noteworthy! :P It's a shame we couldn't have got a second figure, even Supergirl or Ivy would've worked fine.

I'm not a big fan of Capes and Cowls. The shaping is off and it's only six studs deep on the bottom. I like Harley's vehicle's joke though! :P

Superhero High looks pretty good though and seems to be full of play features! I like the idea of the building turning into a ramp too. The interior looks great from what we can take a sneak peek at and I honestly can't wait! It's just a shame there's no teacher.

The crystal creatures are cute and I wonder will they be popular amongst children. I'm super surprised and impressed they're different colours though. I'm sad by the lack of super pets (par Krypto who've we are still yet to see) Ivy's plant creature looks hideous though! :P

Those mini dolls!!! I was not expecting new faces for any of them besides Lana! The eyes on Ivy, Harley and Batgirl look a little off but oh well. It's strange to see all the girls besides Lana get new hairpieces too, I'm shocked they aren't using Olivia's for Supergirls after the prelims! Why on earth can we get 24 new mini doll pieces here (that's not including Wonder Woman, Bumblebee and Lashina) over the course of three sets and we only got four in the amusement park line which has five sets? I know this is licensed but still. Lets hope we can get more new mini doll parts now, or at least a grey and hazel eyed face. :P

• Batgirl- While I love her headpiece and legs, the design of the character in universe doesn't excite me all that much. Her mouth looks very thin and shaky, but that could just be this copy of the figure. The mask should be super useful for mini doll Halloween customs though! I'm glad we're starting to get mini doll next pieces too and a jet pack is a great start!
  • Harley's shoes could've really used some prints... Her face and torso are both great though! Her headpiece looks oversized and it seems it doesn't fit well. :S Why didnt they use TLBM Harley? I have no clue. :P
  • Steve looks perfect! I love how they did the hair! The face, the head and the legs are all great. Hopefully they'll use this legpiece in Friends so everyone can stop stealing Peter's legs!
  • Im not sure if the bodysuit worked well on that legpiece (there's pockets mounded in too.., :P) but I appreciate the effort. Angry mini dolls! Finally an amber hairpiece too! I'm in love!
  • Supergirl also looks spectacular! Her face is the best by a mile! I'm not sure the design works with the character they crafted in the show, but I love the cockiness of it nevertheless. The hairpiece is stunning and I really hope it comes in many different colours. Hopefully Emma and Olivia with finally get hairbands to match Supes. The torso and skirt are both great too.
  • Ivy-Oh Lord I would've killed for this figure as a child! Ivy in mini doll form!!! :D I love her hairpiece, it may be a bit bright but I'll take it. I really like how they gave her a smirk to show off her villianess side. Her torso is fantastic and I can see my Friends wearing that. Leggings for the win! Ivy is my favourite on bias nostalgia reasons, but Supergirl is objectively the best.

I can't wait to see the others! Will Wonder Woman have nougat skin? (I'm 99.5% sure no, but I can dream!) Will Bumblebee's set turn out not to be awful? What on earth does this Lashina look like? I'm also intrigued to see if we're going to get a summer wave or not and what builds and characters it will bring. We still need Katana after all!

16 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Its funny how all the comments on twitter are from people who are not the target audience and some sound like they don't even know friends and elves exsist

5 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

I'm just going to quote my 8 year old daughter, when I showed her the DC Superhero Girls pics this morning:

OMG! IHAVETOHAVEALLOFTHESE!

LOL  It's a win with the 8 year old girl demographic.  Who is *kinda* think is the target demographic for this, but maybe I'm wrong.  (Of course, the amount of DC Superhero dolls, McDonald's Happy Meal Toys, and Youtube views that have originated from my house makes me think otherwise).

Yeah, I hear all the complaints re girl vs boys Legos and I don't I know...it is kinda like the chicken vs the egg debate to me... Lego has a pretty good idea on how to appeal to little girls' play sensibilities. These are gonna be my daughter's jam.  She has the cutest little town set up where mini figs and minidolls are bffs and they all have pets. It makes me happy that she mixes Creator and Superhero stuff. Anyway : )

This next year is gonna be expensive in our house between the LBM, the puppy friends line, Elves and DC Superhero girls!

10 minutes ago, Gobias1234 said:

Yeah, I hear all the complaints re girl vs boys Legos and I don't I know...it is kinda like the chicken vs the egg debate to me... Lego has a pretty good idea on how to appeal to little girls' play sensibilities. These are gonna be my daughter's jam.  She has the cutest little town set up where mini figs and minidolls are bffs and they all have pets. It makes me happy that she mixes Creator and Superhero stuff. Anyway : )

This next year is gonna be expensive in our house between the LBM, the puppy friends line, Elves and DC Superhero girls!

Not sure what LBM is but puppy friends, Elves and DC Superhero sounds right down the alley of my daughter as well. (Though she still needs help putting together the bigger sets, my 9 year old son is happy to help. -- and it is really more of an attention span issue than ability.)

Edited by Sarah

Final 3 sets - the press release mentions Flash, Eclipso, and Mad Harriet - I don't see any of them so I'm assuming there'll be a retail exclusive somewhere.

K6bAVBk.jpg 

SiIJbOv.jpg 

Wju46Kl.jpg 

Edited by CM4Sci

Excited to see Flash in mini doll form! By the way-these sets look great, especially compared to more <insert that tiresome argument> Friends stuff in the past. These are on the caliber of Elves.

Jesus crhist they went full dominatrix with Lashina, I nearly choked my breakfast :O

That poor puppy's gonna have a bad time :(

I feel like these three are a little better than the initial sets we saw, although the only one I might actually get is Wonder Woman's. I may order Krypto separately too.

Krypto comes with a fire hydrant to pee on. Nothing like potty humor to remind you toys are for kids! :classic:

I am very enthused about the line in general, and am impressed by the quality of the figures. I'm puzzled though because while I agree with most that the Bat-Jet is one of the best sets, I am in the minority in finding the Wonder Woman set underwhelming. The builds are very blocks, the motorcycle is that 2 or 3 piece shell that keeps coming up in superhero sets, and the colors are so bright! I want to say that they even clash. Given that WW is the star of the show, I was excited to see her set and fig, but I am not really feeling either. 

BTW even my seven year old son saw the Bat-Jet and said must-get. These sets and the show have broader appeal than many here are giving them credit for. Positives for him? Batgirl is a hard minifigure to find (I may have to go for the keychain version at some point) and this way we would have one to put on our shelf of DC characters.

Crap, there's another 2 sets I have to buy! The Lashina one I'll probably pass on, since Krypto really won't fit in with my figures and Lashina's not exactly a character I'm dying for, especially in this form. The Bumblebee set looks better than a lot of main series sets, and if nothing else, the Wonder Woman set has some fun parts. It's interesting that they decided to make a new Wonder Woman hair piece instead of the old one. I haven't tried, do some regular minifig hair pieces not work on the minidolls?

2 hours ago, Galaad said:

Wasn't Amanda Waller supposed to be in one of the sets ?

I think that was just a guess. 

4 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I haven't tried, do some regular minifig hair pieces not work on the minidolls?

They are all interchangeable, they all fit.