Jim

BuWizz - High Performance LEGO Power Functions Controller and Battery

I’ve been using BuWizz units since they first came out and in that time have had no problems at all. At the moment I’m using 6 v2 units (thank you Tihomir) for a project and there are days when the 6 are being used almost all day long. Some days the only time they stop is to have the external power banks I use to extend running time changed over. The units are being charged every night and to date I’ve had no problems at all.

Edited by grum64

2 hours ago, grum64 said:

I’ve been using BuWizz units since they first came out and in that time have had no problems at all. At the moment I’m using 6 v2 units (thank you Tamás) for a project and there are days when the 6 are being used almost all day long. Some days the only time they stop is to have the external power banks I use to extend running time changed over. The units are being charged every night and to date I’ve had no problems at all.

hi thanks for your reply. and are using a power bank to charge them while you are using the unit. and do you find them not holding charge anymore. how long have you had them for. thanks 

6 hours ago, Lakop said:

I will get one as a reward when I get a technic tag.

H

how do you get one of them?

On 3/2/2020 at 9:24 PM, robin_1456 said:

hi thanks for your reply. and are using a power bank to charge them while you are using the unit. and do you find them not holding charge anymore. how long have you had them for. thank

The v1 units which I’ve had since they first went on sale and are still used a lot have no problems with holding the charge nor do the v2’s which I’ve had for almost a year. I really can’t recommend them highly enough.

Edited by grum64

2 hours ago, grum64 said:

The v1 units which I’ve had since they first went on sale & are still used a lot have no problems with holding the charge nor do the v2’s which I’ve had for almost a year. I really can’t recommend them highly enough.

ok thx for responding. thx

Hello,

is the BLE Protocol available for BuWiz,too like for LEGO and SBrick ?

I wan't to build my own remote as i did for the LEGO Topgear Car

Thanks in advance

51 minutes ago, ruppie said:

Hi,

that was not the question.

I know that i can do reverse engineering to this example, but a dosumentation for this would be more convinient.

I will ask around and follow up.

On 3/9/2020 at 9:20 AM, ruppie said:

Hi,

that was not the question.

I know that i can do reverse engineering to this example, but a dosumentation for this would be more convinient.

We decided we will relase the full communication protocol. There will be a statement on our newsletter.

On 3/11/2020 at 11:23 AM, Zerobricks said:

We decided we will relase the full communication protocol. There will be a statement on our newsletter.

Hi, I'm interested in BuWizz, and this statement even more so.

By newsletter, do you mean the blog on the BuWizz website, or do you have an actual newsletter (and how can I subscribe)?

I'm on the fence about buying BuWizz units right now. I really want them for their extra power to boost my RC MOCs but the v2 was released about 2 years ago. Is it worth it to wait for the v3 or should I just pull the trigger right now and buy v2?

Quick question: can you connect 2 or more BuWizz to 1 profile? I have more than 4 functions in my MOC

22 minutes ago, Free said:

Quick question: can you connect 2 or more BuWizz to 1 profile? I have more than 4 functions in my MOC

Yes you can

I just got a new phone (xiaomi mi 9T) and the buwizz app cannot see my buwizz anymore.

Did anyone had the same issue ?

I contacted buwizz support by email but they weren't very helpful so far...

[EDIT] : Problem solved, I had to check some boxes in the advanced Bluetooth settings of the phone ( simplified connection and display unnamed devices).

Edited by Pentomind

We have been working on a new product which we integrated into 42111, the new motor.

The new motor is based on an exisiting RC buggy design and the electirc motor has been optimized to give a higher RPM and torque than the original.

The first test run of motors will be available soon.

Edited by Zerobricks

1 minute ago, efferman said:

Seems slow. A buggy motor and buwizz sounds faster than this.

The motor is faster than original, I did the comparison. What is also true is that i changed the gearing from 20:28 in original to 12:36 to give the car more torque. I tried to keep the original model's functionality as close as possible, so the motor has to drive the wheels throught a set of 6 gears. Of course I could have just slapped 2 motors, directly to the wheels, but than the modification would be much harder for people to perform and we would lose the wheelie bar, working engine, etc...