Yes, this does it....no more playing in the Little League for you!

technic_pro.png

And a well deserved frontpage.

The way you have used the two new panels is something few people would have come up with. Outstanding. And then there's the headlights, the HoG steering (also for the convertible), the looks, the color scheme, the....everything!

Do people really hate panels?

Hate might be exaggerated, but there are quite a few people who don't like them. There's even a topic about panels somewhere. I for one love panels, and I think TLG is doing a great job coming up with new ones.

Here is my 1963 Corvette coupe and convertible.

James needs to submit to Lego Ideas. This is a winner imo!

Edited by Jim
Removed images

I love the HOG solutions!

The panel use is also clever; it's impressive how many of that large panel were used for the fenders and trunk.

As to Lego Ideas: If Only. Sadly this doesn't seem to be the kind of build they care about, or at least not the kind they build. Not even Sheepo's Defender made it... I'd love to be proven wrong though.

It is a great build though! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fortunately, Lego appears to be releasing several more supercars after the 911 GT3 RS in similar scale (and I hope with the issues from the Porsche resolved).

Edited by Bricks On Print

It is on Lego Ideas already.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/145992

I know it wouldn't get made as its too big (and technic).

I made a 55 minute video as I took this all apart hoping to run it backwards and make a how to video. I can't make the video go backwards and its way too long to put on youtube.

I could put it on a DVD If anybody want the footage.

I could maybe also help you to make some real building instructions :classic:

Hi Bat Man,

Welcome to EB! Nice to have you on board.

When quoting someone, please remove the images and videos (only you really need them in the quote). This will make the replies more readable.

Please check out our site guidelines and posting etiquetes.

Have fun!

The blue panels are available from S@H and legolijntje is making instructions. £0.91 for 18944 and £0.44 for 24116.

Guys, have James shared the video he mentioned with someone (50+ minutes of him deconstructing the Corvette)?. I really want to recreate this incredible machine myself. I wrote to James and I hope to get this video so I can reverse engineer it, but I'm not sure if he is around to see the message, so I wanted to check if anyone else has this essential piece of information. Thank you!

I'm here and I'm working on a RC version right now.

33418664526_78894db31d.jpgRC 63 Corvette Grand Sport Roadster by James Tillson, on Flickr

legolijntje is the best person to ask. He had access to the video on google drive last year and almost completed a set of instructions for the car. There must have been an error somewhere and we couldn't work out why the roof wound fit in LDRAW.

Awesome James! Good luck on the RC version. I will surely ask Legolijntje, hopefully he is around and active. Just to be sure, you have the video with you in case I'm unable to get in touch with the guy, so I can have some kind of backup? Thank you so much for getting back to me on this!

40 minutes ago, JamesJT said:

legolijntje is the best person to ask. He had access to the video on google drive last year and almost completed a set of instructions for the car. There must have been an error somewhere and we couldn't work out why the roof wound fit in LDRAW.

Damn! I completely forgot about the Corvette! I can't remember what, something happened and I wasn't able to work in the Corvette for some time. But after that, I completely forgot about it. I'm sorry James (any maybe anyone who was waiting/hoping for instructions) :look: :hmpf_bad:
I'll see if I find the time to (try to) finish the instructions in the coming weeks. The LDraw model was near complete except for the doors.

Thank you Legolijntje!

I got the video James. If i manage to "decode" it and create instructions, I will communicate them to you and you can decide if you want them disclosed anywhere. I'll go watch that bad boy now!