VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

Cue the magma crabs with rapid-fire basalt guns. Which actually could work quite well, now that I think about it. We already have adamantine, after all :tongue:.

Urist McVillager cancels clean self, possessed by Skull Spider.

=P

A wave of creatures in the vein of DF's procedurally-generated beasties would be pretty cool.

A towering three-eyed Gukko-Bird. It has a long, swinging trunk and it has a gaunt appearance. Its ecru feathers are patchy. Beware its deadly spittle!

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

Well, I for one DO hold ill will toward Nekchir after that fiasco. I was even willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after he gave a quasi-explanation for the "Aanchir's cousin" megablocks. I have to wonder, was that a lie, too? Or was he actually trying to ape my brother's positive reputation just to troll? Either way, I know one user I'm literally never going to trust again.

At this point I feel either Eurobricks needs to tighten its leak policy to disallow discussion of leaks at ALL (as Lego consistently recommends and Eurobricks constantly ignores) or, failing that, create some sort of rule to prevent this sort of trolling. There's absolutely no reason for a moderated discussion forum to allow one user to define the discussion on multiple topics for more than a week based solely on lies and misdirection.

Ugh. What a waste of time. Would rather have baseless speculation than getting my hopes up on fake leaks...

On topic, though despite it being all fake, I'd still like to see the Toa combine with the Creatures. Just seems like a neat idea and a good marketing strategy on Lego's part to get kids to buy a Toa and a Creature.

Speaking of Creatures, Creature hopes:

Fire: Snake. Or some kind of lizard. Really hard to figure it out since fire's a sort of odd-ball habitat. Maybe a Goat... Fire Mahi, anyone?

Jungle: Bird seems the most likely, but I'd love to see a Chameleon.

Water: Toad/Frog. Maybe it's my love for frogs.

Ice: Wolf. Can't really see anything else working here.

Stone: I honestly see a scorpion happening, but an Armadillo would be sweet. Or the aforementioned Kangaroo.

Earth: Crab. Ussals FTW!

I'll admit, Nekchir's "leak" was far more plausible than the preceding one. But that doesn't make it ok. Obviously a lot of community members have been upset by this and the others, so hopefully no one will do it again.

I vote we wait for pictures from now on. :grin:

At this point I feel either Eurobricks needs to tighten its leak policy to disallow discussion of leaks at ALL (as Lego consistently recommends and Eurobricks constantly ignores) or, failing that, create some sort of rule to prevent this sort of trolling. There's absolutely no reason for a moderated discussion forum to allow one user to define the discussion on multiple topics for more than a week based solely on lies and misdirection.

Agreed. Hopefully this incident will serve as a wake-up call.

Perhaps this is silly, but what if you had to have a certain rank to give out supposedly leaked info? I imagine that one who had been an active part of the site for more than two years would be considerably less likely to risk expulsion from it.

Well, I for one DO hold ill will toward Nekchir after that fiasco. I was even willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after he gave a quasi-explanation for the "Aanchir's cousin" megablocks. I have to wonder, was that a lie, too? Or was he actually trying to ape my brother's positive reputation just to troll? Either way, I know one user I'm literally never going to trust again.

I double that. The leaks can be(and generally are) destructive for both parties(fans if the user is a troll, and Lego if the leaks are genuine). Lose-lose situation.

Whats with all the fake leaks recently?

While I've been here since last year, I did enter this site daily before as a silent lurker, but this year seems to have a plague with fake leaks.

Does this happen every year?

Other non-lego forums typically deal with "insider information" via a moderator-approved process. As in, the individual must disclose specific information, images, or other irrefutable proof of their claims before they are allowed to share them publically. If they pass certification, they can post. If they don't, then they're banned on the spot.

Would that be viable for Eurobricks? Eh, probably not, considering the nature of Lego leaks. Just a thought I had.

Does this happen every year?

Definitely not. The advent of BIONICLE's return and the non-stop bombardment of leaks last year is what has spurred this on.

Edited by Mesonak

Here's to new CCBS feet and never trusting another soul. *Raises Glass*

Totally sigging that.

And I hope Melum is either a wolf, penguin, or a tiny Yeti.

Ugh. What a waste of time. Would rather have baseless speculation than getting my hopes up on fake leaks...

On topic, though despite it being all fake, I'd still like to see the Toa combine with the Creatures. Just seems like a neat idea and a good marketing strategy on Lego's part to get kids to buy a Toa and a Creature.

Speaking of Creatures, Creature hopes:

Fire: Snake. Or some kind of lizard. Really hard to figure it out since fire's a sort of odd-ball habitat. Maybe a Goat... Fire Mahi, anyone?

Jungle: Bird seems the most likely, but I'd love to see a Chameleon.

Water: Toad/Frog. Maybe it's my love for frogs.

Ice: Wolf. Can't really see anything else working here.

Stone: I honestly see a scorpion happening, but an Armadillo would be sweet. Or the aforementioned Kangaroo.

Earth: Crab. Ussals FTW!

Yeah, that's what I hope, the combination idea was really good and I hope it's real.

As for my ideas:

Fire: Salamander, that's the best known fire creature..aside from the dragon, which would however require a much higher price point. I did like the phoenix idea though.

Jungle: bird since that seems to Lewa's theme. I can see a chameleon or an ape too.

Water: yes, a frog! Or a shark, as a reference to Gali's leg fins.

Ice: I suppose a polar bear could work for the ice theme, but for Kopaka I can't think of anything better than a wolf.

Stone: the scorpion part actually took me by surprise because to Lego insects and arachnids always equal to villains. A goat would be an awesome homage, but I love the armadillo and kangaroo ideas.

Earth: definitely a crab, yes!

I don't think a dragon would necessarily require a high price point. I'm thinking some of the smaller Ninjago wyvern-style dragons like the ones in these three sets — I don't think a constraction-based dragon with that general "look" would be impossible to create at a $10 price point. You probably wouldn't even need too many new molds.

Stone: the scorpion part actually took me by surprise because to Lego insects and arachnids always equal to villains. A goat would be an awesome homage, but I love the armadillo and kangaroo ideas.

Ah, yes. Somehow slipped my mind how scorpions are usually villain-based. I just figured Pohatu is desert-based, and what's more desert-y than a scorpion? Though considering 2015 Pohatu's boomerangs, a kangaroo would be great to further that Australian/Aboriginal influence.

A small Dragon would be lovely for a Fire creature.

Is there anyone who can tell us about real leaks? Don't hide, guys, we're always ready for love another messiah xD

I wonder if we will get smaller versions of the Rahi sets of 01. Unlikely, but would be really interesting...

Fire - Kane-Ra (bull)

Water - Tarakava (lizard...(?))

Jungle - Nui-Rama (bug/mosquito)

Ice - Muaka (Cat/ WOLF!)

Stone - Nui-Jaga (Scorpion)

Earth - Ussal (crab)

The problem is that majority of these animals were villains, although they seem plausible other than mosquito, which would have a villainous connotation. Granting these creatures are actually good guys, of course.

The problem is that majority of these animals were villains, although they seem plausible other than mosquito, which would have a villainous connotation. Granting these creatures are actually good guys, of course.

A dragonfly could work. The Nui Rama resembled dragonflies a lot more than mosquitoes anyway.

This isnt the only thread he posted in too; if I recall he was posting "leaks" in every subforum here.

Weird sense of humor, pulling off a joke that wasn't funny to anyone but him. Oh well, that's how you get whole communities of websites to despise you.

I disagree.

The original leaked images of Bionicle's reboot created an extremely high energy atmosphere was really fun. (albeit a bit silly most of the time sometimes)

Imagine this subfourm during that time if a rule barring discussion on leaks was in in effect, this place would have been a ghost town. And for what reason? In case they turned out to be fake?

As for a rule that would allow sharing of leaks while simultaneously preventing this kind of trolling... Maybe I'm falling short here, but I can't see how that would be at all possible.

This isn't something site policy should try to fix IMO. :shrug_confused:

Anyway, the death of Trollchir's leaks means that dark colored shells are a possibility for the Toa again! Is anyone else hoping for this? I've always thought that Dark Red and Earth Blue look so nice.

Fire: [...] Maybe a Goat... Fire Mahi, anyone?

I'd love that.

Also, I worked on a small set-like scorpion MOC (52 parts) the last few days :

20831486675_75ebf537fa.jpg

(More pictures here)

Animation of the function :

pz4xw10.gif

I'd love that.

(More pictures here)

Ah, something like this. Pleeease TLG.

Edited by Leewan

I'd love that.

(More pictures here)

This would be fantastic!!! Nice :)))

Edited by Leewan

Guys I can't tell you how but a friend of mine sent me a picture of a 2016 set, he was able to grab a prototype

here's the picture, handle with care.

1440369060323.jpg