VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

I actually think Umarak's bow has the potential to be a decent melee weapon lore-wise depending on his strength and the durability of the bow. Also, don't forget his secondary which actually is a melee weapon.

That's possible, but I would agree more with Logan...you could aim the bow using the waist function. It sounds cool.

I was just thinking about this, but...I would be so stoked if Lewa, maybe for version three, could have some kind of a design that pays homage to the jaguar.....I know that's random...but it'd be awesome

Edited by lambda_cla3391

Why (and where) whould there be stickers ?

This year we had a couple of sets with stickers, in Onua's case you had to place them yourself. That stinks.

In my copy of Onua, the stickers went on perfectly, smooth as a print. Seriously, Onua's stickers are magic.

At any rate, am I the only one planning to combine Onua 2015 and 2016? I'll probably use the Hulk chestplate and 2015 shoulder armor to give him the proper bulk, but with the skeleton armor and crystal spikes to make his arms a little more proportionate, plus Terak's claws to give him larger hands, yet with the epic drill-hammer-gun his 2016 version sports. The only place I think I could use the 2016 chestplate is on his back, which could look nice. Since the net result will weigh a lot, I'll have to use the Stormer feet, probably with a reinforcement structure.

In my copy of Onua, the stickers went on perfectly, smooth as a print. Seriously, Onua's stickers are magic.

At any rate, am I the only one planning to combine Onua 2015 and 2016? I'll probably use the Hulk chestplate and 2015 shoulder armor to give him the proper bulk, but with the skeleton armor and crystal spikes to make his arms a little more proportionate, plus Terak's claws to give him larger hands, yet with the epic drill-hammer-gun his 2016 version sports. The only place I think I could use the 2016 chestplate is on his back, which could look nice. Since the net result will weigh a lot, I'll have to use the Stormer feet, probably with a reinforcement structure.

Sharing the magic Onua-sticker-experience.

I'd like to see that.

I swear I'll never ever understand why you guys hate stickers so much.

For some people they are a pain to apply. I'm mad about the fact that numerous medias forget them some times, good example are Kopaka's legs on animations.

I'm okay with stickers because I can simply decide not to use them and get more neutral parts (in this case, shells).

That was a minor problem I had with Hero Factory, because it wasn't until Invasion from Below that we got rather neutral printings which were also more versatile for MOCs.

Though there were also many very nice printed shells, so yeah.

Edited by ZORK64

This year we had a couple of sets with stickers, in Onua's case you had to place them yourself. That stinks.

Ah, yes. However, the wide chestpiece doesn't appear in any of the next wave's sets, and the wide 6M shells (used as Kopaka's upper leg armours this year) don't seem to be decorated (although that might change). So the only decorated parts will be the Uniters' torso armours and Umarak's chestpiece. I think it's safe to assume all of these parts will be printed. :wink:

Ah, yes. However, the wide chestpiece doesn't appear in any of the next wave's sets, and the wide 6M shells (used as Kopaka's upper leg armours this year) don't seem to be decorated (although that might change). So the only decorated parts will be the Uniters' torso armours and Umarak's chestpiece. I think it's safe to assume all of these parts will be printed. :wink:

Prelimnary Kopaka and Onua didn't have any stickers. It's certainly possible.

My problem with stickers is that if I place them on, and they're slightly uneven it's a pain taking them off and re-applying them. Though something about the sticker usage in Exo Force just seemed so *waves hands around* Magical.

I have no first-hand experience (yet), but according to experts the sticker sheet material becomes rigid and starts to decay in a rather unspectacular way over the years.

Edited by wghost

For me it's not a problem at all. I just have potato fingers, sigh.

I've said before that I am a seasoned user of Reprolabels for Transformers, and after applying like 100+ onto my Titan class Metroplex I like to think i'm a sticker application pro at this point. :grin: The secret is tweezers

As for geared-swivel waists, that just happens to be the one function I never liked in Bionicle G1 and if that is indeed returning, well, meh. Can't say I'd be keeping that function if it detracts from the look of the set in any way.

Well, I liked it on the mata-toran with the kohli sticks, but that was the only exception.

Quick question guys, did we get to see the Toa/protector combos last year when LEGO released official pics of them? I would love to see the creature combos for this year, as that would be a crucial factor in me choosing which sets I'll be buying. Anybody think we'll get to see the combos along with official pics when they are released?

Quick question guys, did we get to see the Toa/protector combos last year when LEGO released official pics of them? I would love to see the creature combos for this year, as that would be a crucial factor in me choosing which sets I'll be buying. Anybody think we'll get to see the combos along with official pics when they are released?

I recall being able to unlcok a toa protector combo in the game, it was rather easy to replicate. As for your second point, I think its a possibility, I mean they might show the back of the box which is likely to show the combo.

Considering how the combiners are important to the canon this year, I suspect we'll at the very least see Kopaka and Melum in both combined and uncombined form, possibly Tahu as well and if we're very very lucky, we might see all of them.

My problem with stickers is that if I place them on, and they're slightly uneven it's a pain taking them off and re-applying them. Though something about the sticker usage in Exo Force just seemed so *waves hands around* Magical.

I think the stickers in the Exo-Force sets were probably meant to imitate the "do-it-yourself" nature of some Gundam kits. The theme definitely used stickers extensively, and is one of the first themes I remember that actually numbered its stickers on the sticker sheet and instruction manual. I also quite liked how when there was Japanese text on the stickers, most of the sticker sheets would give a translation for it... that's something I sort of miss with Ninjago, though my brother recently learned that Google Translate can be fairly effective at translating some of these.

In general, I find it kind of ironic how many AFOLs do dislike stickers, since when I was growing up, "grown-up" themes like Technic and Model Team were some of the only ones that used them extensively, and I trusted my dad to apply whatever stickers I encountered in other themes. Even in recent years, many of the sets with the most printed parts tend to be from more kid-oriented themes like Juniors, whereas Technic decorations are almost exclusively stickered rather than printed.

There were a lot of really awful STAMPs (Stickers Across Multiple Pieces) back when I was growing up, too. These days that's only ever an issue with sets like the latest two Maersk sets that would otherwise have to mutilate a brand name or logo.

@Aanchir @lambda

Yes indeed, one of the two or three pros of stickers would be that model-kit feel they give off. But let's not resort to painting, the Heavens know how many Gundams and Constraction pieces I've ruined with my painting skills. Speaking of which, I think people tend to forget about Cybots(?). The, eh, first pitch at the idea of Constraction, I believe. I think Faber posted an information sheet which actually stated that consumers could order pieces with painting in mind, like un-colored or whatever.

I just find stickers to be a pain in the behind to apply. It's not a fun or remotely enjoyable part of the building experience.

The only real positive stickers have is for MoCists. I MoC on a frequent basis, so I greatly enjoy the option to have the piece printed or unprinted depending on my preference at that time.

For people that just like to display and pose their sets, though, I can imagine stickers being nothing more a chore.