VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Sets Discussion

I wouldn't mind remakes of this year's masks. Maybe to resemble the 2001 Kanohi more. At least Pohatu, his Kakama/Mask of Stone is a tad disappointing this year.

The thirst for leaks is so strong in me I'd be willing to create false descriptions of the 2016 sets at the price of being banned.

:ugh:

Anyway I think we won't see anything new at the end of the webisodes,

the masks at the end of the books are just the old ones remade, just really, come on

For the record book 2 isnt out until December 29th. If we're lucky we may see preview pages similar to the first chapter book.

Our next best bet for infromation revealed via the books will be the activity book and graphic novel in November (24th and 26th respectively)

Theory;

I'd guess the masks at the end of Book 1 are going to be our teaser in animated form for the 2016 sets, rather than seeing the creatures, umarak or the full uniter forms we just see the Toa wearing newer masks.

My reasoning is that it would seem odd and fairly redundant to have the Toa gain new/repaired masks and then instantly ditch those for another upgrade in ROTSS

the masks at the end of the books are just the old ones remade, just really, come on

I agree with your theory actually. It seems very possible that they'd

tease the new masks, rather than give us new ones.

As for TwistLaw, the book explicitly states

that the new mask fashioned for Tahu is a new one.

Also, to add to the first theory, I believe the graphic novel would also tease the new sets...perhaps even show them.

The thirst for leaks is so strong in me I'd be willing to create false descriptions of the 2016 sets at the price of being banned.

:ugh:

It's always possible that there could be more in the animations than the books themselves had. A "post-credits scene", if you will—just something to tease the next line of sets, like the Bohrok teaser at the end of the Mata Nui Online Game, or the Makuta teaser at the end of the Bohrok-Kal animations. Nowhere near a certainty, but it is possible.

It's always possible that there could be more in the animations than the books themselves had. A "post-credits scene", if you will—just something to tease the next line of sets, like the Bohrok teaser at the end of the Mata Nui Online Game, or the Makuta teaser at the end of the Bohrok-Kal animations. Nowhere near a certainty, but it is possible.

Definitely possibly, just saying the mask idea would fit in with what we currently know about the story from the books.

As for other options that come to mind;

- I suppose they could do a reveal of Makuta, though we've presumably already saw him in flashes during the magic vision scene

- They could tease or reveal Umarak or the Creatures, though we dont know what role they play yet

- They could tease the Toa's new weapons, armour or otherwise

Thats going off the idea that we'll even get 2016 animations, given we have'nt had an official word from Lego yet and Lego may be allocating more of its media budget to other lines such as Nexo Knights which may be getting a TV series.

I think that the even if the remade masks in the books are old, it doesn't indicate that our new Toa sets would have old masks, since they obviously need new armour, weapons, and overall appearance anyway.

Edited by Tahu136

I think that the even if the remade masks in the books are old, it doesn't indicate that our new Toa sets would have old masks, since they obviously need new armour, weapons, and overall appearance anyway.

No, it certainly doesn't. My point was more that it doesn't indicate otherwise. Next year's Toa could start with either this year's gold masks, this year's colored masks, this year's masks in new colors, or brand-new masks—but I don't think the chapter book offers any concrete hints either way.

This is a bit off topic...but was anyone able to find Kopaka/Melum on the lego site that said 'product not available'? I searched Pohatu uniter of stone, and that's what popped up.

This is a bit off topic...but was anyone able to find Kopaka/Melum on the lego site that said 'product not available'? I searched Pohatu uniter of stone, and that's what popped up.

That's how it was confirmed after some Russian mentioned the set's name. I still have no idea how he knew it.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/kopaka-and-melum-unity-set-71311

Looks like we might get catalog info tomorrow...

Someone on the Nexo Knights thread claimed to have seen the catalog and so I DM'ed him about Bionicle.

He said he didn't look at them today, but he would maybe take another look tomorrow.

Hopefully he's not Neckhir 2.0, but I'd approach it with skepticals on regardless.

No, it certainly doesn't. My point was more that it doesn't indicate otherwise. Next year's Toa could start with either this year's gold masks, this year's colored masks, this year's masks in new colors, or brand-new masks—but I don't think the chapter book offers any concrete hints either way.

Having just read the book, yeah, nowhere does it even explicitly say that the mask is "new". It literally states "a Golden Mask". So these could be new, or the same, but either way it doesn't indicate what will happen with the sets, since those could be wildly different anyway.

Looks like we might get catalog info tomorrow...

Someone on the Nexo Knights thread claimed to have seen the catalog and so I DM'ed him about Bionicle.

He said he didn't look at them today, but he would maybe take another look tomorrow.

Hopefully he's not Neckhir 2.0, but I'd approach it with skepticals on regardless.

Could people ask from the likes of him and Hulk_Smash why people haven't taken pictures of them?

Could people ask from the likes of him and Hulk_Smash why people haven't taken pictures of them?

Someone asked him (Itaria No Shintaku) about that, he said the pictures had "confidential" stamps all over them, and that he didn't want to get into trouble. And I think posting them on EB is against the site's policy, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Honestly, I would wager the absence of catalog pictures just has to do with people not wanting to risk it being traced back to them moreso than any particular new security measure by Lego. Just because we had people willing to take the risk in years past does not necessarily mean the same is true in today's climate. Plus, the last couple of years we haven't exactly gotten a surplus of catalog pictures either. In fact, the last time that happened aside from BIONICLE 2015 was Hero Factory Breakout.

We're much more likely to discover the pictures via online shop sites.

Edited by Mesonak

Oh wow, 2016 catalogues coming out early in Italy, AGAIN? Hah. I always think to myself that I should try to peek at them since I'm kinda friends with one of the guys over the semi-official Lego store in Padua, I remember taking an accidental-I-swear look at Invasion from Below wave 2, but we had already gotten the pics at that point..so no.. point. But some sort of conscience gets the better of me and I never dare doing anything.

Oh wow, 2016 catalogues coming out early in Italy, AGAIN? Hah. I always think to myself that I should try to peek at them since I'm kinda friends with one of the guys over the semi-official Lego store in Padua, I remember taking an accidental-I-swear look at Invasion from Below wave 2, but we had already gotten the pics at that point..so no.. point. But some sort of conscience gets the better of me and I never dare doing anything.

You shouldn't have said that, they're going to come after you now, asking you to look at pictures. :laugh:

Is it bothering anyone else that we're so picture-hungry? They'd be nice, sure, but life will go on without them.

Is it bothering anyone else that we're so picture-hungry? They'd be nice, sure, but life will go on without them.

I can never tell if the obsession grows every year or if I'm just becoming more jaded and cynical. Maybe both. But yeah, I do think the rabid "must have pictures now" attitude is fairly annoying, especially when it precedes the release of sets we officially know about!

It makes sense in a way; we often see summer sets early at Toyfair, so there's more of a wait in between the waves, but still, this is exactly why LEGO hates leaks; it undermines the positive impression they're trying to make with one wave when people are already looking toward the next.

You shouldn't have said that, they're going to come after you now, asking you to look at pictures. :laugh:

Past few years I've been kicking myself over how much time I've spent constantly checking for info on new sets instead of actually enjoying the ones I have. As awesome as new pics are just let it happen when it happens, people. Jeez. This topic already has over a thousand posts and we don't even have pictures yet. Not to mention people posting just to say they want pictures andImayBeOneOfThosePeopleButWhatever. Or about how we're going to see them at NYCC, or back in July. It's 2015 about 16', not 2014 about 15', I doubt we're going to see anything official until unofficial listings and releases in December of the actual products. Just calm the pug down, people.

Actually Italy has them since mid-August, when I asked that guy about Umarak & co. Looks like us wops are good at keeping secrets, at least when they're LEGO related. :look:

Edited by TwistLaw

I can never tell if the obsession grows every year or if I'm just becoming more jaded and cynical. Maybe both. But yeah, I do think the rabid "must have pictures now" attitude is fairly annoying, especially when it precedes the release of sets we officially know about!

It makes sense in a way; we often see summer sets early at Toyfair, so there's more of a wait in between the waves, but still, this is exactly why LEGO hates leaks; it undermines the positive impression they're trying to make with one wave when people are already looking toward the next.

One of the many reasons I'm actually glad for the policy on BZP. It feels like a lot of the conversation here always falls back to "but where are the leaks???" Consequence of being a BZP-haven for people who want to see leaks the last decade I guess! :D

I found a possible leak while browsing the interwebs, specifically a youtube screengrab, but take this with a few grains of salt.

If you want to see it, just click the spoiler box, then click the link.

It's a megabluckin' Bohrok! Except not. After I posted this, I found out that this image is fake. I apoligize for misleading anybody. On cursory inspection, and my phone's small screen, it looked real enough, but it's fake.

Ehh, maybe. :grin:

Edited by Saberwing40k

... Not sure if joking...?

Seen it before. Confirmed as a (pretty obvious) fake.

I really hope pics come soon. Not because I'm desperate. More because then all the "give me leaks" comments will stop.

I found a possible leak while browsing the interwebs, specifically a youtube screengrab, but take this with a few grains of salt.

If you want to see it, just click the spoiler box, then click the link.

It's a megabluckin' Bohrok!

http://board.ttvpodc...e0808351f1b.jpg

Ehh, maybe. :grin:

Fork you.

Also, old af.

Oops, I was being serious, I only found out after I posted that that it was a fake. Now, I should have looked at a higher res version of the image, and I would have found that out too. I apologize for posting misleading images and information.