Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Just now, fighterpilot105 said:

Anyone know who or what the white fig(not OT stormie) in the y-wing  set is?

Moroff - a Rogue One Character

moroff_snap4-300x213.png

Edited by Renegade Clone
addition of image

Just now, fighterpilot105 said:

Anyone know who or what the white fig(not OT stormie) in the y-wing  set is?

Moroff is a big white, hairy alien, kinda like Chewbaca but not wookie.

1 minute ago, benderisgreat said:

Moroff is a big white, hairy alien, kinda like Chewbaca but not wookie.

2 minutes ago, Renegade Clone said:

Moroff - a Rogue One Character

moroff_snap4-300x213.png

thanks guys! he looks so cool. just like Bistan. havn't watched the trailer yet. they give too much info away!

13 minutes ago, lomis said:

...and the figure from 75163 - Krennic's Imperial Shuttle isn't an officer either...

It looks like I'll have to BrickLink one (or both) of the officers from the 75159 - Death Star set after all.
Ouch!

It is especially annoying because it is the same minifigure as in the Star Destroyer microfighter.

1 minute ago, Renegade Clone said:

It is especially annoying because it is the same minifigure as in the Star Destroyer microfighter.

Right! Albeit with the newer hat, but still...Frustrating.

29 minutes ago, Renegade Clone said:

I'm not 100% convinced it is the same figure. Hopefully we'll get the the rest of the out of box images soon. 

Also (and I'm sure this must be wrong) there don't appear to be any spring-loaded shooters on the y-wing. I'd have guessed they be in the position the flick fire missiles were on the old set but there are none to be seen. 

Edited by Richpepperell

The sets look great! Definitely gonna pick up most of them. I really want that admiral raddus minifig now! Nice to get a new color moncala. 

The Y-Wing looks fantastic. I'm perplexed as to why the new Rebel pilot helmet is exclusive to the U-Wing microfighter!

Edited by Kaijumeister

I really like the Battle on Scarif set, it look like a nice little playset. I'm not a fan of Y-Wings so it's "meh" to me, though the figs are very enticing, I may have to bricklink them.

1 hour ago, Kaijumeister said:

The Y-Wing looks fantastic. I'm perplexed as to why the new Rebel pilot helmet is exclusive to the U-Wing microfighter!

Probably because nobody will buy that Microfighter without that minifigure. It's really meh.

4 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Probably because nobody will buy that Microfighter without that minifigure. It's really meh.

Exactly right. Other than the flick fire missiles (thought we'd seen the last of those), the build looks exactly the same as the 'build your own adventure' book. Not even unique. 

I thought we were going to get at least one regular imperial officer with gray suit... And those rebel helmets are disappointing.

Love the new sets. Although I wish Jyn came with a new hair mould for her hair seen in the early trailers.

Still, I'll get most of these. I've got 2 sets to get for Rogue One now and then I'm done.

The Y-wing and Battle on Scarif both look awesome. 

I don't really care for Battle Pack or Microfighter builds in general but the minifigures in these look really good. It's nice to get an updated all black Imperial Pilot. It's also nice to see some new heads on the Rebels. Those bearded heads look like they're the same as Snap Wexley and the Hoth Rebel Trooper from Assault on Hoth. 

So it looks like the Y -wing has a bomb bay feature where it can drop bombs??  Did the last rendition have that too?

The friggin y-wing is worse than 7658. Come on Lego, that's two in a row! I was so excited for this thing, but its just so... underwhelming.  I appreciate how deep-seated the astromech is, since they tend to be far too high, but that's really the only thing I can praise it on. They used stickers for the nacelles again, which just doesnt look as nice as greebled ones IMO. This is what the get for changing the macaroni brick mold... And of course, its just so small. I get that they cant really make a minifig scale y-wing, since that'd be a UCS sized set, but they dont have to go out of their way to get as far from that point as possible.

On the up side, at least I'm only spending $40 this wave

Edited by Magmafrost

How is it worse than 7658? The canopy has a more accurate print, the shape of the hull is closer to the original prop, has more greebling, better and more mini figs?

Sure you can pass if you have this model but no way do I see it as an inferior model or less attractive to new collectors. 

Once again the rebel battle pack looks the best to me. The imperial one will be useful too but having to buy multiples again to amass regular stormies is a pain. Specially since I don't really care for the death troopers >< Maybe the movie will help me change my mind. 

The rest of the line up seems decent enough. Though I notice on the micro fighters the U-wing pilot gets a nice new awesome helmet mould but the y wing one gets the old visor printed on the face with the older mould. I wish all the pilots would get an updated mould with visor. Maybe by 2018 forward they will make the shift fully to the new dual moulded helmets. 

15 minutes ago, Japanbuilder said:

Once again the rebel battle pack looks the best to me. The imperial one will be useful too but having to buy multiples again to amass regular stormies is a pain. Specially since I don't really care for the death troopers >< Maybe the movie will help me change my mind. 

The rest of the line up seems decent enough. Though I notice on the micro fighters the U-wing pilot gets a nice new awesome helmet mould but the y wing one gets the old visor printed on the face with the older mould. I wish all the pilots would get an updated mould with visor. Maybe by 2018 forward they will make the shift fully to the new dual moulded helmets. 

The U-Wing pilot has a completely new helmet design - very different from previous OT designs. I haven't seen that design in any promotional materials yet.

I actually hope that Lego don't update the X-Wing helmet design to a dual mould. As it would be a real pain to replace all the current individual helmets. Personally I like the current design.

22 minutes ago, Japanbuilder said:

The best thing about the rebel pack is that they don't job things up with two aliens this time. We get it: the Rebellion is "culturally sensitive" - that doesn't mean, however, that every 4th dude in my army has to be a Rodian.