Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

I pretty sure the "much much bigger" set is the falcon. There may be another UCS announced alongside it thats the standard UCS count, I'd honestly like to know what that one is

I am a bit surprised that the first wave of Rogue One sets are retiring so quickly... just a year or so on the market. The first wave of TFA is (for the most part) still available... and those sets are a year older than the Rogue One equivalents. They could be keeping sets like the Falcon, Poe's X-Wing, First Order TIE, and Kylo's Shuttle around because they'll be featured in TLJ. But I hope it doesn't mean the Rogue One sets didn't sell well... I still have fingers crossed that we'll see a Rogue One Cargo Shuttle once Kylo's and/or Krennic's shuttles are off the market. 

11 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

I pretty sure the "much much bigger" set is the falcon. There may be another UCS announced alongside it thats the standard UCS count, I'd honestly like to know what that one is

I think it's highly unlikely another UCS set would be announced alongside the UCS Falcon... it would be totally eclipsed by the attention paid to the Falcon, and no one would have the budget for two UCS sets at once. The next UCS set will likely come in the first few months of 2018, around the time the Snowspeeder was announced.... but the way I read his comments, the "big" set he's referring to is another system-scale set that he worked on, since those are the sets he warns are retiring.

30 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Well, from the last week "leak" we can imagine a new imperial star destroyer?

Just flicking through the Star Wars section on Amazon UK and noticed an independent seller has listed all the sets - it's a trusted seller who I know stocks all the sets at RRP- and scrolling through the Last Jedi sets I nearly collapsed at the site of the U.K prices! £39.99 for the Resistance Transport Pod, 2/3 of the Resistance set it only occupies the cockpit of. Heavy Scout Walker at the price of £49.99 is also absurd. I swear Lego makes these prices up as they go along. Fortunately the more expensive sets are slightly more reasonable and with Triple points I can pick a few up but damn Lego another price increase and I'll be selling kidneys ;-)

Brexit, my friend - according to LEGO anyways.

Anyway, not meaning to go political. Absurd prices. Wasn't looking to buy any of them anyway but you might as well pick up the troop transport which is sold at £39.99 too in some places, if you're not bothered about the minifigs. 

Well, the Pound is nearly worth as much as the Euro and those are the Euro prices so I doesn't suprise me. 

Anyway, they will probably retire TFA wave at the end of this year because of the facts that they are 2 years on the market, TLJ sets are out and there's a new MF coming in April. 

Just now, Spongebob456 said:

Another MF? Must have missed that - I guess for the new Han Solo movie. Will be more details hopefully in the 2018 thread soon hopefully :)

There's a fairly expensive set in the upcoming Han Solo line that people are speculating to be a system scale Falcon, but it is by no means confirmed.

I understand Brexit and the apple-bobbing of the pound but apart from licencing how can I pay £109.99 for Destiny's Bounty at 2295 Piece and get a "Gorilla Walker'' at £129.99 for over 700 less pieces - it just doesn't add up to me 

Just now, Peasantseverywhere said:

I understand Brexit and the apple-bobbing of the pound but apart from licencing how can I pay £109.99 for Destiny's Bounty at 2295 Piece and get a "Gorilla Walker'' at £129.99 for over 700 less pieces - it just doesn't add up to me 

It has 700 fewer pieces, but it's Star Wars.. That should be enough explanation really. Disney, yo. Also, we aren't allowed to complain about prices here :P

5 hours ago, Robianco said:

Let's not start jumping on Cloud City...

Well we have been doing for years, every year an unlabelled or unreleased 'big' set will be Cloud City... Right up until the point it's revealed to be another X-Wing. 

As I said before Except for the falcon there won't be another ucs set this year. 

I have reliable sources that the next ucs set coming in spring 2018 will be a new At-st with an exclusive at-st driver minifig. 

If there will be a much much bigger set in in the fall next year I can tell you in the upcoming months. 

14 minutes ago, force-ghost-solo said:

As I said before Except for the falcon there won't be another ucs set this year. 

I have reliable sources that the next ucs set coming in spring 2018 will be a new At-st with an exclusive at-st driver minifig. 

If there will be a much much bigger set in in the fall next year I can tell you in the upcoming months. 

Sorry but nobody trusts you anymore.

29 minutes ago, Mr Man said:

Well we have been doing for years, every year an unlabelled or unreleased 'big' set will be Cloud City... Right up until the point it's revealed to be another X-Wing. 

And then when TLG actually reveals a Cloud City set, everyone here will complain about how it's not big enough, not as good as the original, doesn't include enough minifigs, etc...

Ok guys sorry to burst the speculative bubble, but BrickCommander just clarified that he was referring to the FO Star Destroyer on brickset. He also hinted at the 2015 MF retiring soon, and suggested that you "grab 2" so I'm guessing that means that there won't be another system scale MF for some time.

41 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

And then when TLG actually reveals a Cloud City set, everyone here will complain about how it's not big enough, not as good as the original, doesn't include enough minifigs, etc...

No printed arms on Bobba.

Nah... we've got the printed arms for the ESB version... it's the printed arms they'll put in the UCS Sail Barge that'll be the killer!

10 minutes ago, LordLEGOtube said:

The one thing I think they need to do to Han Solo is add a printed red corellian stripe down the side of his leg!

That and dual molded blue/black legs for his boots would make the perfect fig. Hopefully they do that in the UCS MF. 

1 hour ago, force-ghost-solo said:

As I said there wont be another big ucs set next to the falcon this year. 

How can we trust you on anything you post? You have posted nothing but false rumors in the past and have made MULTIPLE fake accounts to get around your bans for posting fake news.

46 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

How can we trust you on anything you post? You have posted nothing but false rumors in the past and have made MULTIPLE fake accounts to get around your bans for posting fake news.

You can address this by reporting a post. I've done this already so the Mods can look into it. Reporting it is more helpful than responding to him.

Sorry all...been away for work...WHAT'D I MISS?????

I will be on again in a few hours, just decided to look in on my dinner break.  I'll be sure to address any CONCERNS WITH MEMBERS then.

Was able to get Kylo Rens Tie Fighter and the Heavy Scout Walker the other day... being injured sucks as I really want to build them. The escape pod is a fathers day present (this weekend in Australia).

At least these sets are different from the typical SW fare (escape pod excluded).