Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

12 minutes ago, jhaelego said:

I think if there is a 3rd UCS it could possibly be a tantive IV.

It is NOT a rehash!

1 hour ago, Delta Customs said:

I'm not saying it because Sir Von Lego and I might be talking about two different things. 

But there's no harm even if you two are talking about different things…

15 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

It is NOT a rehash!

Calm down, please.  Without a statement of what SVL is talking about, we cannot confirm if it is or is not...and the Hoth UCS argument makes a great point.  Hoth UCS was a rehash to some, but not to others.

If Sir Von Lego says he cannot talk about it, then he cannot talk about it.

Sir Von Lego, if you cannot talk about it, then don't talk about it.

25 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Calm down, please.  Without a statement of what SVL is talking about, we cannot confirm if it is or is not...and the Hoth UCS argument makes a great point.  Hoth UCS was a rehash to some, but not to others.

If Sir Von Lego says he cannot talk about it, then he cannot talk about it.

Sir Von Lego, if you cannot talk about it, then don't talk about it.

Sorry… didn't mean to come off as heated.

Guess I'd best shut my mouth :facepalm:

So an UCS Snowspeeder, UCS Millennium Flacon and one more.  Possibly the long awaited CC or Jedi Temple.:grin:  Or maybe even the Yavin 4 rumoured a while ago, after all it is ANH's 40th aniversery.

5 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

I would say that we get at least three UCS this year, if rumor of UCS falcon is true (which I think is true).

snowspeeder is a fixed one, and there will be a third, that I have heard of..

This statement does not confirm nor debunk any rumour... So calm down everyone.

All this reinforced is that the Snowspeeeder UCS is confirmed. That's about it.

1 hour ago, makoy said:

This statement does not confirm nor debunk any rumour... So calm down everyone.

All this reinforced is that the Snowspeeeder UCS is confirmed. That's about it.

Well, I happen to know about one of the UCSs this year not yet publicly confirmed, and I'm surprised it hasn't been because people might want to set some money aside. My advice: start saving if you haven't already. If my source's price point is still correct from a while back, it will be the most expensive SW set ever. I can't say anything else, but I think it's fair to give you all that particular heads up.

Edited by DarkLordSauron

43 minutes ago, DarkLordSauron said:

Well, I happen to know about one of the UCSs this year not yet publicly confirmed, and I'm surprised it hasn't been because people might want to set some money aside. My advice: start saving if you haven't already. If my source's price point is still correct from a while back, it will be the most expensive SW set ever. I can't say anything else, but I think it's fair to give you all that particular heads up.

I've never bought a UCS before due to their large price tags, so whatever this is better be amazing if I'm gonna break that habit.

On 2/5/2017 at 7:16 PM, Forresto said:

In regards to the Republic Tank, the new model is significantly smaller then the original Lego model.

The new model appears to be 21 studs long and 14 wide whereas the original is 29 studs long and 26 wide.

Yes that seems to fit with my memories from Clone Wars/Battlefront/Battlefront 2 video games I played. Its a lean urban combat tank sort of like the Imperial Repulsor/Tread tank we saw in Rogue One. The old one was way to chunky.

And as for is it iconic enough to warrant a second Lego set? That I can't say. For us 20 year old or so AFOL's it probably is since we have memories of all the video games it showed up in. However, for kids? This tank never appeared in any of the movies, episodes of The Clone Wars, or anything else that is currently canon. Just a few appearances in Legends comic books outside of the after-mentioned video games... Still, I want the tank itself for the retro nostalgia vibes, plus getting Aayla and a Phase II gunner sound really exciting. I haven't really bought a nice Clone Army set since the 2008 AT-TE, so I am glad to finally bolster that part of my collection a bit after all these years! 

1 hour ago, DarkLordSauron said:

What you're saying sounds extremely consistent with a new falcon. Can you tell us whether your source gave you a price, or something else that you inferred a price from?

7 hours ago, Boeller1701 said:

Hey Guys,

Normally I'm only a passive member of this thread since I found some information or let's say "rumors" about some future ep.8 sets. I watched some vids regarding the Toy Fair Nuremburg where I've read an interesting comment about that there will be the following sets for "ep.8: Finalizer spielset, Base defense walker, scout walker, set [with] kylo [didn't remeber the name]". He got the information from a related person, which works for a subfirm of a toy company. I CANNOT say anything about the credibility of this rumor since I only read the comment and want to share it with you. If these sets become true I will be very excited about the upcoming wave.

Do you have a link to the original post?

Hope we get a new falcon??????, I'm ready to spend. I won't be getting the snowspeeder. A new UCS star destroyer and tantive IV would be nice. 

Well well, Sir Teaser von Lego stirred the waters :laugh:

This is worse than not having any info...I don't know what to think about this year's UCS sets now. 

So basically the Snowspeeder is considered sure at this point, and the MF very likely?

If the 3rd set is true, and not actually instead of the MF, that will probably be a playset, or?

Although last year we only had playsets as "UCS", so they could make it up to AFOLs and treat us to 3 great vehicle models. 

The speeder will be a pass for me, but if the MF is not so crazy in price, I'll get that for sure.

37 minutes ago, John7edward said:

Hope we get a new falcon??????, I'm ready to spend. I won't be getting the snowspeeder. A new UCS star destroyer and tantive IV would be nice. 

I think the Snowspeeder and Falcon are a given now.  It's the 3rd one that's got people's attention.?

6 hours ago, DarkLordSauron said:

Hmph. I wonder what LEGO would make at that price. Something iconic, maybe it will have more pieces than 10179? 

Beginning to sound like a newer UCS Falcon is gaining more traction, I might have to hold off my current bricklinking of the 10179 if that's the case.. :look:

I don't think anything is a given at this point. All we have is an initial rumour that we may get a snow speeder after many delays and a new mf. The problem is lots and lots of people keep repeating the initial romour to the point where it has entered the group conscience they are coming.

It's now not helping we have lots of people saying expect amazing things but don't quote me on that, wink wink.

its probably best not to over think it, expect some usc to arrive this year, then buy it if it appeals to you. New York toy fair should provide more concrete evidence.

11 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Hmph. I wonder what LEGO would make at that price. Something iconic, maybe it will have more pieces than 10179? 

My point of view is, it doesn't matter how gorgeous it is, it it's going to be even more expensive than anything before, that's just crazy.

The old UCS falcon was 500 bucks as I see on brickset, the new DS is also that much, which is already big money, if they release a 600+ $ set, they are out of their minds. Who has that kind of money just lying around? 

I mean...I think I'm already spending too much money on LEGO sets, but I know some of you guys must spend even more. Seriously, is there anyone to whom a 500+$ set is an instant buy without a blink of an eye? :D

1 minute ago, That Orange Thing said:

I don't think anything is a given at this point. All we have is an initial rumour that we may get a snow speeder after many delays and a new mf. The problem is lots and lots of people keep repeating the initial romour to the point where it has entered the group conscience they are coming.

It's now not helping we have lots of people saying expect amazing things but don't quote me on that, wink wink.

its probably best not to over think it, expect some usc to arrive this year, then buy it if it appeals to you. New York toy fair should provide more concrete evidence.

That's a really good attitude, expextations and rumors from unverified sources are wreaking havoc at this point.

Let's manage our expectations.

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

I think the Snowspeeder and Falcon are a given now.  It's the 3rd one that's got people's attention.?

Well, there is no actual proof of a Falcon yet, so when this other rumors submerge this minute and we never had 3 UCS before, I think it's pretty far from given, at least to be released this year

3 minutes ago, brobert said:

I mean...I think I'm already spending too much money on LEGO sets, but I know some of you guys must spend even more. Seriously, is there anyone to whom a 500+$ set is an instant buy without a blink of an eye? :D

As someone who's been trying to get the money to get a UCS falcon for, well I guess a decade now, I'd absolutely buy a $600 (so probably more like $1000 here in Australia) one in a heartbeat if I could.

5 minutes ago, brobert said:

Guilty here. I've spent ~$2000 (AUD) in the past 2 months alone on SW Lego. I'd probably buy a new Falcon in an instant, but it would really have to 'wow' me in comparison to the 10179 set.

7 minutes ago, brobert said:

My point of view is, it doesn't matter how gorgeous it is, it it's going to be even more expensive than anything before, that's just crazy.

The old UCS falcon was 500 bucks as I see on brickset, the new DS is also that much, which is already big money, if they release a 600+ $ set, they are out of their minds. Who has that kind of money just lying around? 

That's a really good attitude, expextations and rumors from unverified sources are wreaking havoc at this point.

Let's manage our expectations.

Well it's hard to say, I know for sure that due to the fact that the average salary in Swedens is over 3000 euros a month, there is a pontential for most working people do actually buy when if they really wanted it. However, just because you make that money doesn't mean there are not other obstacles to stop you from that kind of purchase, like believe it or not, there might be other economical priorities ;), like in my case, when I bought both the sand crawler and the new DS within a few months, my wife looked at me like "oh really?) So I really don't think that such an expensive set is the ultimate price tag to maximize sales, but to say there is no market for it, I'm sure it's the same for Switzerland...

12 minutes ago, Rad said:

Guilty here. I've spent ~$2000 (AUD) in the past 2 months alone on SW Lego. I'd probably buy a new Falcon in an instant, but it would really have to 'wow' me in comparison to the 10179 set.

The playset falcon 75105 was one of the 5 best selling sets last year. This information was announced at Nuremberg toy fair. So you can see how iconic and famous the falcon is.

If we get a new MF I guess that will beat the 10179 set by amount of parts and will be much more expensive than the old one. I guess they will sell thousands of them on day one and the price doesn`t matter.

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

8 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Well it's hard to say, I know for sure that due to the fact that the average salary in Swedens is over 3000 euros a month, there is a pontential for most working people do actually buy when if they really wanted it. However, just because you make that money doesn't mean there are not other obstacles to stop you from that kind of purchase, like believe it or not, there might be other economical priorities ;), like in my case, when I bought both the sand crawler and the new DS within a few months, my wife looked at me like "oh really?) So I really don't think that such an expensive set is the ultimate price tag to maximize sales, but to say there is no market for it, I'm sure it's the same for Switzerland...

Yeah of course, the buying power is there, but the other economical priorities as you said...I could afford it too if I absolutely wanted to, but when I bought the Slave-I, I even had to do it in secret, and hide under the umbrella of my birthday so my fiancee wouldn't absolutely freak out :D 

Maybe it's just that I originally come from Hungary, where to buy a set of this price range is definitely luxury for most people, and I'm still a bit in that mindset..

But I guess it's not much difference when people are spending 1000+ $ on a smartphone, or other gadgets, it's just another hobby. 

Mind you, if a UCS Falcon comes out and it's as good as we hope it is, I will strongly consider buying it as well....

11 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

The playset falcon 75105 was one of the 5 best selling sets last year.

I'm not at all surprised, do we know what the rest of the best sellers were?

38 minutes ago, brobert said:

I've said it several times before but if TLG did a limited run of 25,000 new UCS Falcons at £600-750, they'd be sold out in a couple of days. 

There's enough 40+ year old SW fans  who won't think twice about such a purchase (me included!); just take a look at some of the vintage figures on Ebay (1977-84) such as Blue Snaggletooth, Yak Face & DT Lukes to see what I mean.  The aftermarket for SW has exploded in the last couple of years and I'm amazed by some of the prices at the moment, and TLG must be aware of it.  This sort of set isn't ever going to be targeted at children; there's plenty of others in the range for that.  It would be a clever move for TLG to do this; especially to coincide with the 40th anniversary - and I can't wait! :classic: