Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

2017 is a good year to get Sith.  First of all we get Darth Maul in the winter and now Vader and Sidious in the summer!  All we need is an updated Doouku and we'll have new versions of every Sith from the movies.  

I really don't get everyone's problem with the QuadJumper?  I agree it wasn't in the movie for long but it's still a nice set to get.  Of course it would of been nice to get the anabolic Royal Starship as that kind of was the main ship in TPM. 

5 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

2017 is a good year to get Sith.  First of all we get Darth Maul in the winter and now Vader and Sidious in the summer!  All we need is an updated Doouku and we'll have new versions of every Sith from the movies.  

I really don't get everyone's problem with the QuadJumper?  I agree it wasn't in the movie for long but it's still a nice set to get.  Of course it would of been nice to get the anabolic Royal Starship as that kind of was the main ship in TPM. 

Personally I like how Quadjumper looks, but Rey and Finn never even got in a ship! But box shows them flying it from Jakku when it was blown up before they got in. And to be honest do we really need this ship? We could have gotten another good Rebels or PT set instead. Naboo Royal Ship like you mentioned is a biggest omission from TPM. So everyone is not excited about it cause we could have gotten something that had more impact on SW universe like Royal Ship you mentioned before.

43 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

All we need is an updated Doouku and we'll have new versions of every Sith from the movies.  

We just got one 4 years ago. There's no need to release a new version of him, since they pretty much perfected the last one.

11 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

We just got one 4 years ago. There's no need to release a new version of him, since they pretty much perfected the last one.

Well I doubt anyone wouldn't want him in another set...

It maybe too soon to talk Episode 8 but I think TLG is going to be really tight on leaks this year. I just have a feeling Lucasfilm is cooking up something huge for this one and Lego sets tend to be a little spoilery. I wonder if security will be tighter this year?

Edited by Forresto

10 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

they pretty much perfected the last one.

I Totally agree. The latest Dooku was perfect, the face looks so much like Christopher Lee.

15 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

We just got one 4 years ago. There's no need to release a new version of him

-It wouldn't hurt to re-release him in a new set, for those who missed the last one.

I'm so excited for the bounty hunters battle pack, and Darth Vader transformation!

I think the Officer in the first order Battle pack is blue, there were a few blue uniformed officers in TFA.

It's odd that none of the leaks show the JSF with Hyperspace Ring. Is this set supposed to be a retailer's exclusive? But we don't usually get rumours for retail exclusives this early, so I'm inclined to believe that it's a regular-release set.

It doesn't make much sense to make the Quadjumper for episode 7,  i guess it's something from episode 8. :)

The bounty hunter battle pack looks cool, although the figures are hard to see, I'll probably pick that one up. Otherwise the one really good set seems to be the scout trooper with the bike, that looks splendid, too bad I picked up a black series hasbro figure of the same for 20 bucks just now...

The FO battle pack is nice too for army builders, but all the other sets are... meh for me. 

THe Vader transformation is an iconic scene at least, and will be a good opportunity to snag Vader and the Emperor for the ones who didn't pick up the Death Star throne room so far I guess.

The rathtar thing is just a mess, doesn't look good at all, and seems to be a bigger set, so the price will most likely put off even the people who are interested in it.

The quadjumper seems to be a nice model, but I couldn't care less about that craft, same goes for the republic tank, and the minifig selection doesn't seem to be all that good either. 

Oh well, I guess my fiancee won't mind me not spending so much on lego until fall anyway... :laugh:

30 minutes ago, WYC said:

It doesn't make much sense to make the Quadjumper for episode 7,  i guess it's something from episode 8. :)

Then why does it have minifigs from TFA?

Anyone got any suggestions for the short minifigure in the arrowhead set? Looks a bit like an Ugnaught but has the yellow flash behind it, suggesting it's a new minifigure. 

15 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

Anyone got any suggestions for the short minifigure in the arrowhead set? Looks a bit like an Ugnaught but has the yellow flash behind it, suggesting it's a new minifigure. 

It`s definitely a Ugnaught. I saw some pictures on that Russian site were you can exactly see that there is a Ugnaught in that set. If that is different to the the CFC set I can`t tell.

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

50 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

I saw some pictures on that Russian site were you can exactly see that there is a Ugnaught in that set. If that is different to the the CFC set I can`t tell.

A Russian site with clearer pictures of sets? Do tell.

1 hour ago, brobert said:

The bounty hunter battle pack looks cool, although the figures are hard to see, I'll probably pick that one up. Otherwise the one really good set seems to be the scout trooper with the bike, that looks splendid, too bad I picked up a black series hasbro figure of the same for 20 bucks just now...

The FO battle pack is nice too for army builders, but all the other sets are... meh for me. 

THe Vader transformation is an iconic scene at least, and will be a good opportunity to snag Vader and the Emperor for the ones who didn't pick up the Death Star throne room so far I guess.

The rathtar thing is just a mess, doesn't look good at all, and seems to be a bigger set, so the price will most likely put off even the people who are interested in it.

The quadjumper seems to be a nice model, but I couldn't care less about that craft, same goes for the republic tank, and the minifig selection doesn't seem to be all that good either. 

Oh well, I guess my fiancee won't mind me not spending so much on lego until fall anyway... :laugh:

Then why does it have minifigs from TFA?

I don't know, it's just a guess. None of these image are final set image, you can see the Quadjumper on the box is still looks like a 3d rendering photo. 

I just don't think lego is going to release a set which is not happened in the movie, so i guess it is one of The last Jedi set. Even if it is a episode 7 set, it might hint that the Quadjumper is the next big thing in The Last Jedi movie, like Falcon in the OT.

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

And how exactly  do you know this? Looks too good to be custom minifigure.

Are u kidding me? Check Christos or Phoenix customs and you tell me no one can make a good custom, hell, they often make better printing the lego themselves. The more the hype on this figure increases the more I believe that its just a prank... it doesn't look lego... I could easily bet 100 bucks on it

The lando figure looks cool. There's a storm trooper beside it and what could be a bespin guard above it which does hint at a cloud city themed set.

1 hour ago, WYC said:

I don't know, it's just a guess. None of these image are final set image, you can see the Quadjumper on the box is still looks like a 3d rendering photo. 

I just don't think lego is going to release a set which is not happened in the movie, so i guess it is one of The last Jedi set. Even if it is a episode 7 set, it might hint that the Quadjumper is the next big thing in The Last Jedi movie, like Falcon in the OT.

While it would make sense, this set was long rumored from TFA, and this particular vehicle was destroyed on screen in the film. I know it's not necessarily final, but actually most of the leaked sets right now look like they are very close to production sets. And honestly, I would rather have that ol' hunk of junk be the big thing still, than a ship like this. It's just not a memorable vehicle. But TFA had very few original designs (and even some of those wasn't in the final cut), so they have this. Btw, they usually don't churn out every possible set in the first 2 waves, this way they can milk it better. Just with this quad-thingy it's a bit more forced than usual.

I dont get the hate for the inclusion of a Quadjumper? It is a cool looking rusty ship. Nice to add to your mos eisley or fa marketplace scenery for instance. Very star warsy imho. 

The rathar set looks fun too. Curious how this set will turn out.

For the bountyhunter bp i really hope they spice up Bossk and IG88. Maybe they can use the headpiece from the Eraser (batman cmf). If 4LOM is going to be there, i hope we get Zuckuss in that Arrowhead ship.

Edited by Borex

The only thing that really attracts me to the Quadjumper is Finn. I don't have him and I'm not up for paying £130 for the new Falcon just for him. I don't do playsets, so the Battle on Takodana is out too unless the price drops significantly. 

13 minutes ago, Panthro said:

The only thing that really attracts me to the Quadjumper is Finn. I don't have him and I'm not up for paying £130 for the new Falcon just for him. I don't do playsets, so the Battle on Takodana is out too unless the price drops significantly. 

Have you never heard of Bricklink? you can pay 3 pounds to get Finn, no need to by the whole MF, that is why I really dislike when they repeat figures, so easy to get them anyway even if you don't like to get the whole set...

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Are u kidding me? Check Christos or Phoenix customs and you tell me no one can make a good custom, hell, they often make better printing the lego themselves. The more the hype on this figure increases the more I believe that its just a prank... it doesn't look lego... I could easily bet 100 bucks on it

Yes, and those are "profesional" customs and their creators are selling it. Who's going to make a really nice custom minifig just to make a fake thread in reddit?

I don't want to be hyped neither, and I even think it's a little weird to come from Lego, but we must accept this is not a known custom minifig.

Edited by hachiroku

I guess if we take the episode 8 sets as LEGO's focus then this stuff is all just bonus content. So far the episode 7 and Rogue One sets have been as good as the source material allows.

I was hoping for something more impressive - the January wave was hardly a classic either. Where's my new AT-ACT LEGO?