Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

11 hours ago, Schneeds said:

An $800 Star Wars set with 7,500 pieces is not going to happen, at least not at current pricing models.  The Death Star is 4,016 for $500, which is about 12.5 cents per piece.  You would be lucky to get 7,000 pieces for $800.  That's assuming it even costs that much.  It could be $600 with far fewer pieces. 

Price is not a reliable indicator of piece count, especially when you look at just one set for comparison. Over the last 3-4 years, the UCS Star Wars sets have ranged from 9¢ per piece to 12.5¢. Lots of factors influence pricing, even within a license/sub-brand, not the least of which being the size of the pieces included. LEGO also seems to charge disproportionally more for more minifigs, and the Death Star had the most ever for a Star Wars set (25+). Unless LEGO is in a very generous mood, the Falcon likely won't have half as many.

I think the next clue/teaser will definitely be regarding the piece count. and it will probabaly be a picture of a ton of white'd-out piece bags

Hi im new here and been following this thread for months.

I dont think it is any coincidence that LEGO used the bus and the carousel for these spoilers, just combine the setnames?: 

Carousel ... LONdon tourmaster ... ...L...C...ON??

I wouldnt be surprised if they used the FAirground mixer set for another reference next week.

FA.L.C.ON

Call me crazy but im so exited, passed on the first one but not this time☺.

Final price really depends on the ratio of smaller vs bigger pieces. For instance,  the Tower Bridge (10214) has 4295 pieces for 230€. The amount of smaller pieces is higher than typical SW sets. The new Ninjago city set (70620) has 4867 pieces for 300€. 

A more detailed MF would have for sure a greater smaller vs bigger ratio than usual SW sets. More if it has some sort of interior. 

Edited by dvogon

16 minutes ago, Belgian-Hero said:

I dont think it is any coincidence that LEGO used the bus and the carousel for these spoilers, just combine the setnames?: 

I wouldnt be surprised if they used the FAirground mixer set for another reference next week.

FA.L.C.ON

Mind=Blown

But seriously, I never thought of that. Nice connections.

2 hours ago, dvogon said:

10188 has 264 pages for 3803 pieces. A quick extrapolation for 497 pages, as the build will have at least a similar complexity, would give 7159 pieces. 

Not sure if it's relevant, but it looks to have the same number of rings as the original UCS book (21 rings). But the original UCS had just over 300 pages, so with this one having much more pages, I hopeful that this is not just a re-release.

55 minutes ago, Belgian-Hero said:

FA.L.C.ON

I think you're reading far far too much into things...

The official set name is London Bus. If you swap the first letters around, and those of the Carousel, you get... BuL...and Cra...

:wink:

Edited by Paperballpark

Huh. Seems like a stretch, but if they do indeed use the Fairground Mixer as next week's tease, you might be on to something. :wink:

I still believe that this is going to be the UCS Millennium Falcon. It seems very unlikely that it will be a Huge Creator Set because of the size of the box and instructions that we know about so far. The Millennium Falcon is one of the most iconic vehicles in Cinema and releasing a Massive set that a lot of people missed out on would be great for collectors. I guess I could be wrong, but what other set would be sold for a high price like this one.

I know people are saying they don't think it's the Falcon, and of course until it's confirmed it could be anything. But very reliable sources over several forums have stated that the set will be;

7000+ pieces 
Special packaging (square box different from standard boxes and spiral bound instructions confirmed to support this) 
Released 1st October

This alongside 40 year anniversary of Star Wars, 10 years since 10179, Hans the designer of Slave I Brickset quote stating a September 1st reveal and the photoshopped box teaser from last week showing the hunk of junk! Now come on, it can't be anything but the Falcon. Can it???

Edited by adamtea

56 minutes ago, Paperballpark said:

I think you're reading far far too much into things...

The official set name is London Bus. If you swap the first letters around, and those of the Carousel, you get... BuL...and Cra...

:wink:

Well done :laugh:

Well yeah some of us will be complaining we can't afford such a massive Millennium Falcon set; because 1) we want it and 2) we can't afford it. :laugh: 

Besides that though... I am really digging Lego's slow build up to the reveal. No leaks, no massive hints at how the set looks, nothing. Just blank boxes and instructions tempting us to screw around in Photoshop to see what rests beneath the white paper... Lego knows what it is, and they know we know what it likely is... so they are playing up our expectations to make the hype very real. And the counterfitters like Lepin are probably pissed that they have no clue what it looks like and that for once Lego will be able to truly beat their knock-off to market, not to mention all the old UCS Falcon scalpers who are probably sweating bullets right now! The increased box size and instructions hint at something truly spectacular. I will want this set from the moment it is revealed!

...pity I can't afford it... ;)

Edited by xboxtravis7992

Lego's carefully constructed plot toward a slow burn reveal reminds me of watching The Force Awakens anxiously awaiting Luke Skywalker; we all knew it was coming, just not its degree. I didn't purchase the original UCS Falcon, and I will definitely be at the Lego Store the day of its release, but I am impressed Lego has kept images under lock and key. It's so unlike the leaks! lol

I think they have done a great job of keeping it under wraps all this time. There must be a lot of people at Lego who signed the NDA. 

Still find it hard to believe that people think it may be something other than the Falcon! 

Edited by adamtea

32 minutes ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

not to mention all the old UCS Falcon scalpers who are probably sweating bullets right now! The increased box size and instructions hint at something truly spectacular. 

I really wouldn't want to be an "investor" sitting on stock of the old UCS Falcon

There's one joker on BrickLink with a new one listed for 9990 Euro *huh*

Reality check incoming...

2 hours ago, Crzypengu said:

I still believe that this is going to be the UCS Millennium Falcon. It seems very unlikely that it will be a Huge Creator Set because of the size of the box and instructions that we know about so far. The Millennium Falcon is one of the most iconic vehicles in Cinema and releasing a Massive set that a lot of people missed out on would be great for collectors. I guess I could be wrong, but what other set would be sold for a high price like this one.

It could be a huge Cloud City set for example :)

2 hours ago, adamtea said:

I know people are saying they don't think it's the Falcon, and of course until it's confirmed it could be anything. But very reliable sources over several forums have stated that the set will be;

7000+ pieces 
Special packaging (square box different from standard boxes and spiral bound instructions confirmed to support this) 
Released 1st October

This alongside 40 year anniversary of Star Wars, 10 years since 10179, Hans the designer of Slave I Brickset quote stating a September 1st reveal and the photoshopped box teaser from last week showing the hunk of junk! Now come on, it can't be anything but the Falcon. Can it???

Plus the new piece in the Ice Tank that PERFECTLY matches the dimensions and proportions of a UCS MF cockpit.

Add that to the list and it seems pretty conclusive to me. Can't see why others don't see all of this though and get UCS MF

Edited by adamtea

3 minutes ago, Brainslugged said:

Plus the new piece in the Ice Tank that PERFECTLY matches the dimensions and proportions of a UCS MF cockpit.

I haven't picked up the Ice Tank yet; do you mind sharing what you mean?

10 hours ago, hachiroku said:

BTW, the box image was the 1st, now this one the 8th. Probably next week we will have the full announcement.

Not if it's being revealed next month (1st of September for a mid-month VIP release), which is what has been reported

11 minutes ago, Artanis I said:

Not if it's being revealed next month (1st of September for a mid-month VIP release), which is what has been reported

Indeed. I also don't think they'd have just two teases before the reveal like they've had so far and make them just the box size and the instruction book size, when the piece count would surely be a bigger deal. I'm sure we'll get at least a third tease, and perhaps a fourth, and tease the set's total piece count (what would the other one be if they have four - minifigure count? Set silhouette? A photo of a close-up detail somewhere on the set? I guess we'll know soon enough...).