Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

I get that people who don't like stickers can just leave them off and sacrifice detailing, but they could've at least printed the most crucial designs. As has been said before, the new canopy could've used prints just like their system x-wings have prints. Also, there are two of each panel with that grill detail, that could've been printed. Who knows, they might even be able to use it again in the future.

The sticker on the 2x4 slope on the right wing is unacceptable as they tend to come off relatively quickly due to the odd texture of the part. Speaking of slopes, they did print those new console pieces, but why are they holding back on all of the others?

Edited by JekPorkchops

26 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

I get that people who don't like stickers can just leave them off and sacrifice detailing, but they could've at least printed the most crucial designs. As has been said before, the new canopy could've used prints just like their system x-wings have prints. Also, there are two of each panel with that grill detail, that could've been printed. Who knows, they might even be able to use it again in the future.

The sticker on the 2x4 slope on the right wing is unacceptable as they tend to come off relatively quickly due to the odd texture of the part. Speaking of slopes, they did print those new console pieces, but why are they holding back on all of the others?

True, stickers on slopes tend to come off quickly.

But nevertheless, since I don't have the previous version this will be one I intend to buy and I'm glad they did this remake.

yay. snowspeeder is out. IT IS NO LONGER A RUMOUR. can we move past who is getting it when and why? and get back to something more on target, like rumours?

I thought this was a Set Pictures, Discussion, and Rumors thread? Seems discussing a revealed set is appropriate for the thread. Far more than fabricating false rumors like many tend to do in this chat.

3 minutes ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Far more than fabricating false rumors like many tend to do in this chat.

Not to mention endless pages of complaints about Thrawn's not-red eyes, rank insignia, etc.

4 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Not to mention endless pages of complaints about Thrawn's not-red eyes, rank insignia, etc.

lol... yeah not easy to be a admin on this page if not a ruthless dictator is something in your genes

37 minutes ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

I thought this was a Set Pictures, Discussion, and Rumors thread? Seems discussing a revealed set is appropriate for the thread. Far more than fabricating false rumors like many tend to do in this chat.

"Remember that this topic is for discussing sets that are rumored to come in 2017."

4 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

(snip) Speaking of slopes, they did print those new console pieces, but why are they holding back on all of the others?

It's the same reason why they reuse an existing head for the minifigures; Each unique printed part will need room in the storage system, and the storage system is already operating at capacity. To make room for new printed parts, new parts, or color changes (existing parts in new colors) they need to retire other parts. A single D2C set will not be allowed to introduce that many new parts. LEGO is well aware us AFOLs don't like the stickers, I bet they hear it every Q&A session they host with LEGO designers / Community managers. 

For regular sets it's a bit different since the stickers are considered a part of the experience, they probably wouldn't want to get rid of them even if storage capacity was not an issue.

Well I know they're holding back cause it saves them storage space and money, it just seems cheap. Lego is always cutting as many corners as possible. (Not to say they don't make great products.) I don't understand how Mega Bloks can have so many unique molds and printed parts. I know their part quality is a little inferior, but with every set targeted towards kids and adults they seem to go all the way, while Lego is holding back.

I don't get why stickers should be 'part of the experience' in regular sets either. I always apply them well but it takes hours in my case and it's not exactly fun. Also, they don't last long.

1 hour ago, LegoFjotten said:

It's the same reason why they reuse an existing head for the minifigures; Each unique printed part will need room in the storage system, and the storage system is already operating at capacity. To make room for new printed parts, new parts, or color changes (existing parts in new colors) they need to retire other parts. A single D2C set will not be allowed to introduce that many new parts. LEGO is well aware us AFOLs don't like the stickers, I bet they hear it every Q&A session they host with LEGO designers / Community managers. 

For regular sets it's a bit different since the stickers are considered a part of the experience, they probably wouldn't want to get rid of them even if storage capacity was not an issue.

I understand why they don't do too many printed parts like consoles or symbols(Empire, Separatist) nowadays, but they are really pushing it with reusing heads! Same face for all Stormtroopers even though they aren't clones and are different people got old after 3 years of Lego using them. And those lame smiley face pilot heads are getting are horrible especially for UCS set! And designers said that those pilots are supposed to be 2 different people even though they have the same face. And that's for a 200$ set!

1 hour ago, JekPorkchops said:

Well I know they're holding back cause it saves them storage space and money, it just seems cheap. Lego is always cutting as many corners as possible.

That is simply not true. If you have ever built any of the other LEGO "compatible" construction toy it is pretty clear who is cutting corners. Go watch one of the YouTube videos from one of the LEGO factories which covers the storage area and you will see that it is not so trivial to just add storage space.

1 hour ago, JekPorkchops said:

I don't get why stickers should be 'part of the experience' in regular sets either. I always apply them well but it takes hours in my case and it's not exactly fun. Also, they don't last long.

They did product testing with the target group (kids in the appropriate age range), and they wanted stickers. I think there was a bit about this in one of the LEGO documentaries, I don't recall which one.

26 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I understand why they don't do too many printed parts like consoles or symbols(Empire, Separatist) nowadays, but they are really pushing it with reusing heads! Same face for all Stormtroopers even though they aren't clones and are different people got old after 3 years of Lego using them. And those lame smiley face pilot heads are getting are horrible especially for UCS set! And designers said that those pilots are supposed to be 2 different people even though they have the same face. And that's for a 200$ set!

I agree, they did the same thing in the Hoth playset. I hate those pilot expressions, wish they would retire that head and replace it with one with at least one good neutral expression. I'm 100% sure that if the designers were allowed to all the relevant parts would be printed and each figure would have a unique face & torso. I'm sure most of us at one point or another have disagreed with rules & restrictions imposed by our bosses, but that's just the way it is.

Edited by LegoFjotten
Typo

Just now, LegoFjotten said:

They did product testing with the target group (kids in the appropriate age range), and they wanted stickers.

It's a UCS. The target group should be TFOLs - AFOLS.

Darn it, who wants stickers??

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

It's a UCS. The target group should be TFOLs - AFOLS.

Darn it, who wants stickers??

You should have read the whole conversation.

1 minute ago, LegoFjotten said:

You should have read the whole conversation.

I did. Printed parts = More expensive. But we all know LEGO can print if they wanted to.

Guys, this is becoming general opinion discussion instead of rumor/future set discussion. Stay on target!

Any news on May 4th minifigure? It's about a month till May 4th and we still have no idea what minifigure we will get. Last year we already knew which minifigure we were getting, but his year for some reason we still have no idea. Is Lego getting better at controlling leaks?

Just now, benderisgreat said:

Any news on May 4th minifigure? It's about a month till May 4th and we still have no idea what minifigure we will get. Last year we already knew which minifigure we were getting, but his year for some reason we still have no idea. Is Lego getting better at controlling leaks?

@ChristopherLee has hinted it is an OT-era minifigure. If it is a guy like Dodonna or a pilot I won't mind, but if it is someone like Saw Gerrera, Galen Erso, or Bail Organa I will really be upset.

Why? I never get these promos :(

4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

lol... yeah not easy to be a admin on this page if not a ruthless dictator is something in your genes

WTF?!?!?!?!

I have no ruthless dictators in my family history, and I have no intention of becoming a ruthless dictator.

Neither does MKJoshA!

And if you're going to make an unneccesary joke, do us all a favor and use some proper punctuation, please.

Carry on all, keep it on topic!  Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

WTF?!?!?!?!

I have no ruthless dictators in my family history, and I have no intention of becoming a ruthless dictator.

Neither does MKJoshA!

And if you're going to make an unneccesary joke, do us all a favor and use some proper punctuation, please.

Carry on all, keep it on topic!  Thanks.

well it's debatable if any joke is indeed necessary... however I don't get the proper punctuation part...

Model toy kits, like model aircraft for instance use stickers often as well. I am really bad at it, but it gives an extra dimension to the modelling experience. 

I am sure there must be people who love stickers in lego sets too. 

I think this snowspeeder set is a real beauty

23 hours ago, Lobot said:

That looks beautiful! :wub:

Well done, TLG!  My faith in UCS has been restored in a single move; definitely a purchase for me on May 4th.  Hopefully they'll do something equally impressive for the promo; I'll be interested to see what's on offer.  According to the press release on Brickset the UK RRP is £169.99, which is £10 less than both the TIE Fighter and Slave 1 (following the post-new year/pre-Brexit price-hike).  I guess it could be an error, but perhaps TLG have realised that the price adjustments hadn't been that well received by UK AFOLS!

Finally a set that I'm actually looking forward to buying, and building!

The UK price is confirmed on the LEGO website as £169.99 (link); it seems like great value at that price point, which I don't recall saying for a while! :laugh:

OK, so the Snowspeeder is confirmed for realease for May 4th. 

Do we know ANYTHING ELSE about the May 4th event this year? (It is the 40th anaversary of Ep. IV after all).

Like double (or tripple) VIP-points, promo-figs, sales, etc. etc. ?

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

well it's debatable if any joke is indeed necessary... however I don't get the proper punctuation part...

You are correct on that one!  

I meant use capital letters and a period to end your sentence.

With regards to the Snowspeeder UCS, since everyone else feels the need to comment, I figure I will as well.  Looks nice, lots of pieces, $200 USD price tag.  I probably won't pick one up.  Great vehicle, but in my eyes, wrong color.  I'll save my money for the newer UCS Falcon.