Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Alright I've been following this thread since day one, bit here's my first time actually posting. I'm not going to do a run down of every set, that would be a wall of text. But in general, I wouldn't mind getting every set. With that being said I'll explain my 5 favorites from both waves.

Winter:

Imperial Battle Pack- real cool figure selection. OT stormies are great to get plus bonus death troopers. Kind of disappointed with the walker though. If the figure weren't that good, I'd like the rebel one better, but it's figure selection isn't quite as good, no Endor helmet and other repeated parts.

Duel on Naboo- I. breath episode I sets and always wanting to get them. (I had stop collecting legos around 2013 though so sadly I have quite a bit of catching up to do) It's pretty good, just wish it was bigger and had some more figs. 

The Phantom II- Thrawn. He'll look great with Death Troopers. Great build. Those separatist shuttles are some of my favorite in Star Wars. 

Landspeeder- Not the greatest set or anything, but it has a neat figure collection. Plus I remember the 2009(?) version being one of my favorite sets. It's now dismantled.

A-Wing- I had the 2007 one when it came out. I think it was one of the first lego sets I ever got. I had been looking st the 2013 version on brick link but this is better. It looks good and the figures are great, I don't have any of them.

Summer:

Vader Transformation- Again with nostalgia, I remember wanting the original way back when. Never got it. I have the Emperor Shuttle from 2011 and the figures where cool and the transformation sequence was cool. Is still have most of the figs and the set has been modified. Just disappointed by the downgraded Medical Droid.

Republic Fighter Tank- I love Battlefront II and really wanted the original but never found it. Now's my chance, with better figures than before. To bad it's small, and there should be another clone. One of the droids should be a commander, would be more useful IMO.

Advent Calendar- I got the first two and I loved them. Wish I kept them all together, sometimes I find mini models fully built on my bins. Really don't mind the BB-8 isn't a unique figure, the Christmas figures are kind of useless. Plus I don't have her yet, so It'll be great to get her. 

Bounty Hunter Battle Pack- I love all these characters and the build is really cool. Glad it isn't a two seater like a lot of BP speeders.

Jedi Starfighter- I think regardless this will be my favorite set. Can't really same much else at the moment.

Sorry for this post's length and I'm not sure if it's in a ok format, etc. Just wanted to finally share some of my opinions on this year's sets.

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

So, as far as the UCS Snowspeeder, 75144, is concerned, does anyone know when we might get an official reveal?  I was so sure that it would be showed at ToyFair.  Are there any other promotional expos/venues coming up?  All I can say is that I (like many others) have been waiting for this set for nearly two years, so I hope it will still be released this May the Fourth...I'm starting to get a little worried.  :sceptic:

CM4Sci recently posted on another forum that the snowspeeder reveal would come in the middle of March.

Long time lurker here but can add a few tidbits/confirmation of information:

- The UCS Snowspeeder is a given and will be released as part of the May the 4th Celebration.

- There is another UCS scheduled this year and it will be a *big* set.  As far as two seperate sources go, the advice is to plan your budget accordingly as this box will be at the very high end of the Lego price spectrum.

2 hours ago, Vodnik said:

BB-8 is a he not a she.

http://www.hypable.com/bb8-gender/

According to JJ Abrams it's a she actually ;) (he confirmed it in the blu-ray special features)

3 hours ago, Retro Five said:

- The UCS Snowspeeder is a given and will be released as part of the May the 4th Celebration.

- There is another UCS scheduled this year and it will be a *big* set.  As far as two seperate sources go, the advice is to plan your budget accordingly as this box will be at the very high end of the Lego price spectrum.

I'll start saving then ! Thanks ;)

Edited by Martinouchou

5 hours ago, Retro Five said:

so you say it will be big, and can you tell us if it will be a ship (hopefully no) or something more interesting?

6 hours ago, Retro Five said:

Hmm, maybe something that has to do with the 40th anniversary? :grin:

6 hours ago, Retro Five said:

This is correct. The super big set is a new Millenium Falcon

30 minutes ago, atlas said:

This is correct. The super big set is a new Millenium Falcon

Has this been said previously? How do you know? Nevermind :laugh:

Edited by Tolopra

While I'm hoping it is, are you people just trying to gain your 15  minutes of fame by stating what has been guessed many times by hopeful people so you can be 'one of the people that said it before it was revealed', or do you actually have a reliable source that isn't just another store employee that is actually just as knowledgeable as any other random person? 

Because I'm skeptical of people throwing out bold statements like that when nothing specifying what the big set is by the usual reliable leakers.

It is a bit disappointing that there are no Rebels sets in the foreseeable future. Rebels has gotten relatively no sets in comparison to The Clone Wars. 

I guess it has a lot to do with the release of new movies on a yearly basis.

I think that Rebels aren't getting as much attention as Clone Wars did because I feel that Rebels is not as tied into the trilogies as Clone Wars was. For example, a lot of ships from the prequel trilogy were seen throughout the clone wars in a very dominant sense. I feel that for example, if they are going to make a TIE Fighter set, it would be more marketable if characters from the original trilogy were included rather than Rebels.

But I do feel some Rebels sets should be made, definitely the Hammerhead Corvette and a remake of the Ghost.

The other thing to take into consideration is that, whilst the Clone Wars was on TV there weren't any new Star Wars films being made. Now there are so the majority of sets are being focused towards that, rather than a TV show with a much smaller audience than the movies. 

8 hours ago, Martinouchou said:

According to JJ Abrams it's a she actually ;) (he confirmed it in the blu-ray special features)

According to Wookieepedia, BB-8 has masculine programming.

13 hours ago, LL924 said:

CM4Sci recently posted on another forum that the snowspeeder reveal would come in the middle of March.

Many thanks to you (and CM4Sci)!  That makes me feel so much better.  I should start saving.  :sweet:

Edited by RogueTwo
grammar

55 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Wouldn't jj abrahms have a  larger say over it than Wookieepedia considering he directed it? 

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

22 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Wouldn't jj abrahms have a  larger say over it than Wookieepedia considering he directed it? 

:laugh: Thanks @Fuppylodders, that's what I was going to answer him ^^ Either way, J.J. considers BB8 to be a female, but we can still - as a viewer - think what we want on our side. I personally think BB8 is a female, but you can choose otherwise @BigGuy4U. We don't need to start a dedate on this ^^ It's one of those things that is left to the viewer's interpretation.

2 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Why program a droid to have a gender? if it's not made to look like a humanoid, it feels pretty useless

Just now, Sneakguest said:

Why program a droid to have a gender? if it's not made to look like a humanoid, it feels pretty useless

why discuss it on a rumour thread about legos?

2 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

1 hour ago, Martinouchou said:

:laugh: Thanks @Fuppylodders, that's what I was going to answer him ^^ Either way, J.J. considers BB8 to be a female, but we can still - as a viewer - think what we want on our side. I personally think BB8 is a female, but you can choose otherwise @BigGuy4U. We don't need to start a dedate on this ^^ It's one of those things that is left to the viewer's interpretation.

Fair enough, I would just assume Wookieepedia had their sources straight (turns out it's a Force Awakens book). I'd say for now it's up to interpretation and doesn't really matter until they say something specifically in the movies, so we should probably stop now before we derail the topic more than we already have. :tongue:

On 25/02/2017 at 5:48 AM, MakeNLego said:

I don't remember where I heard this from but I saw in a youtube video that there were supposed to be a Yavin 4 base that can fit the new Y-Wing and A-wing, is it false?

I think your right actually, it was a month or so ago though.  I think it was just a false rumour.

9 hours ago, eric729 said:

It is a bit disappointing that there are no Rebels sets in the foreseeable future. Rebels has gotten relatively no sets in comparison to The Clone Wars.

The Phantom 2.0 was actually a very bad sign in this regard: Thrawn is a highly popular minifig and putting him in a small set means Lego has no interest in making other, bigger sets for Rebels in the near future. And unfortunately there are no Rebels sets in the summer wave.

Also I very much doubt we will get new sets in winter. It is hard to be Lego fan and a Rebels fans these days. Perhaps the Phantom will be a success and spawn more sets... There is no shortage in vehicles, scenaries, and minifigs which should be made in Lego.

9 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

I think that Rebels aren't getting as much attention as Clone Wars did because I feel that Rebels is not as tied into the trilogies as Clone Wars was. For example, a lot of ships from the prequel trilogy were seen throughout the clone wars in a very dominant sense. I feel that for example, if they are going to make a TIE Fighter set, it would be more marketable if characters from the original trilogy were included rather than Rebels.

But I do feel some Rebels sets should be made, definitely the Hammerhead Corvette and a remake of the Ghost.

I think there are some classic vehicles that would sell well enough like a TIE Interceptor with Cadet Wedge Antilles, Flight Instructor Vult Skerris, and two more figs. Wouldn't that sell?

20 hours ago, Retro Five said:

Do you have your own primary source for that (as in, are you or do you personally know someone who works with TLG and can beyond a shadow of a doubt know what you are saying to be true? Lego store employees dont count, they dont know anything), or are you going off info from other leakers? A few other leakers have already told us about the really big UCS set (and the snowspeeder on may 4th was very much a given), if you're just parroting them, not that I dont appreciate it but we already know. If you know/are a primary source though, this is really helpful, as I believe that would put us at four separate primary/secondary sources on this rumor, and the more the merrier.

Edited by Magmafrost

13 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

While I'm hoping it is, are you people just trying to gain your 15  minutes of fame by stating what has been guessed many times by hopeful people so you can be 'one of the people that said it before it was revealed', or do you actually have a reliable source that isn't just another store employee that is actually just as knowledgeable as any other random person? 

Because I'm skeptical of people throwing out bold statements like that when nothing specifying what the big set is by the usual reliable leakers.

It is definitely the millennium falcon, count on it