Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

It would fit with the movie, Shore troopers appear to have ranks ( some are marked with red, grey or plain tan arms ). 

And that black fig in the Bunker set is very place holder, it's just an Imperial ground crew from the Tie Striker. Could be Jyn or anyone else really. 

That astromech seems to have a white dome with blue print, and the eye seems higher up, Kind of like a R7 unit. Odd. wonder if thats just prelim 

I wonder if we will get  Saw Gerrera in a set.

Ugh, $60 for the Y-wing. I was really hoping it would be priced like the 445 piece set it is. Hopefully Lego drops their $1 USD = $2 AUD rampage next year, or that y-wing is going in the same pile as tie Advanced vs A-wing, of being really cool but completely untouchable due to outrageous pricing. But with Lego's recent hatred for Australia, I can see them taking the Tie Advanced vs A-wing route of not only horrifically overpricing the set, but also not making it available in retail stores here so that we can never see it for less than full price. Its literally cheaper to import them from the US!

Edited by Magmafrost

3 hours ago, getbusybrickin said:

Please keep in mind these images are extremely preliminary. Don't jump to any conclusions about the quality of the set quite yet. Thanks for the pictures CM4SI!

Unfortunately though, it won't matter.  There are very few instances where the final pictures actually made much difference to change people's minds, you can absolutely tell the quality of a set from the prelims.  And I think people sometimes exaggerate the difference between prelims and the final model, usually they're not all that different.

26 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

The piece count on those boxes are place holders.

Could be, but the previous two y-wings had about that piece count, and this one really doesn't look like it could be more pieces than the previous one. It'd have to be at least 600 pieces before its worth the inevitable $120 price tag in Australia anyway.

The bunker set looks fantastic, way better than Battle on Takodona and with a couple more Shore Troopers to boot! The Y-Wing looks good but I'm not a huge fan of Y-Wings so it's an easy pass for me. The Landspeeder and Desert Skiff look ok but another easy pass for me. Is the black stormie in the Bunker set Saw Gererra? I really hope so, It'd be really unfortunate if we don't get his character this wave.

9 minutes ago, JDbricks said:

What page has the pictures of these sets? I've been looking but can't find them. Thanks

-JD

Lego Reddit has them. They aren't allowed to be posted on here.

1 hour ago, Magmafrost said:

Could be, but the previous two y-wings had about that piece count, and this one really doesn't look like it could be more pieces than the previous one. It'd have to be at least 600 pieces before its worth the inevitable $120 price tag in Australia anyway.

Even if that piece count is accurate (and it probably isn't since the Bunker Battle's listed as the same), this Y-Wing comes with five minifigures while the previous $50 one only came with three, so that's already an improvement.

1 hour ago, TheNerdyOne_ said:

Unfortunately though, it won't matter.  There are very few instances where the final pictures actually made much difference to change people's minds, you can absolutely tell the quality of a set from the prelims.  And I think people sometimes exaggerate the difference between prelims and the final model, usually they're not all that different.

It matters for minifigs though - sets like Duel of the Fates depend on those, so we can't really judge it without knowing if Obi-Wan as a hairpiece, and if Darth Maul still has that stupid grin. As far as the actual builds go I agree - can't remember any set that changed drastically between prelim and final in the last years. (If anything, some lost minifigs in the process.)

1 hour ago, Magmafrost said:

Ugh, $60 for the Y-wing. I was really hoping it would be priced like the 445 piece set it is.

I really don't get why people still use the price/piece ratio. It's outrageously unreliable especially for sets with large amounts of technic pins, and often reflects the size of an actual model very inaccurately. Case in point - the FO Snowspeeder is a 444 piece set yet nobody in their right mind would expect the Y-Wing to be priced the same.

Additionally, it's easy to compare the Y-Wing with the last one - the 2012 version had 450 pieces with 3 minifigures and sold for 50. Since 2012, prices have increased across the board, so paying 60 bucks for a new version with two figs more five years later seems completely fair.

Bunker and Y- Wing look incredible. The Rogue One sets have been fantastic so far. The Landspeeder and Desert Skiff are not that interesting though. 

11 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

But wait, if the TIE fighter from force awakens was 70 dollars american, and 100 dollars Australian, doesnt that mean the Y Wing will most likely have about 90 dollar price tag?

1 hour ago, DarthPotato said:

Even if that piece count is accurate (and it probably isn't since the Bunker Battle's listed as the same), this Y-Wing comes with five minifigures while the previous $50 one only came with three, so that's already an improvement.

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

Additionally, it's easy to compare the Y-Wing with the last one - the 2012 version had 450 pieces with 3 minifigures and sold for 50. Since 2012, prices have increased across the board, so paying 60 bucks for a new version with two figs more five years later seems completely fair.

The last y-wing wasn't exactly a good deal though, I still wouldn't pay retail for it. Better =/= good. Also, while I'd happily pay $60 USD for this y-wing, I dont get that option, nor does anyone in most of the world. The US price isn't terrible, its what it'll cost everywhere else that's the problem.

5 minutes ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

But wait, if the TIE fighter from force awakens was 70 dollars american, and 100 dollars Australian, doesnt that mean the Y Wing will most likely have about 90 dollar price tag?

2014 and 2015 sets were abnormally cheap in Australia. For all the 2016 star wars sets, its been about $2 AUD for every $1 USD, and that seems to have largely been the case before 2014 to at least 2011, possibly further. Although around 2012 and 13, the Australian and american dollar were about equal.

Edited by Magmafrost

I am optimistically hoping that the Y-Wing has a 50 dollar price point, based on the prices of other R1 sets. If it is, I will absolutely pick up two of them.

3 hours ago, TheNerdyOne_ said:

I agree with you. Some people expect a product to change almost completely from prelim to final version. I'm afraid I've never seen that happen.

59 minutes ago, jhaelego said:

I am optimistically hoping that the Y-Wing has a 50 dollar price point, based on the prices of other R1 sets. If it is, I will absolutely pick up two of them.

The prices have already been confirmed by CM4Sci, though... the Y-Wing is $60, and the Bunker Battle is $50.

8 hours ago, getbusybrickin said:

Please keep in mind these images are extremely preliminary. Don't jump to any conclusions about the quality of the set quite yet. Thanks for the pictures CM4SI!

They're pretty close to final. Don't expect a whole lot to change, you will be disappointed.

2 hours ago, jhaelego said:

1 hour ago, Nokturn said:

The prices have already been confirmed by CM4Sci, though... the Y-Wing is $60, and the Bunker Battle is $50.

33 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

They're pretty close to final. Don't expect a whole lot to change, you will be disappointed.

Yep, and $60 for the Y-Wing is a good deal IMO. The previous one was $50, and this one seems to have more pieces to make it more accurate and detailed. Plus, a bit of inflation.

13 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

That's really intriguing... maybe just the art of a character they are going to tease for the summer wave?

rogue-one-mystery-hooded-figure-177886.j
I wish the image of the set was less blurry, but the thing at the back reminds me of this shot
maybe the bunker has this guy's cell in it

Edited by xendy
update

Hey guys, (if you're wondering) the set build WON'T change much from the preliminary pics, but the minifig details WILL (in most cases) change a lot.