Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

7 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I'd skip really few of this minifigures. They actually suit my likes better than the real ones.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Heh, ya know what'd be awkward, if @Robert8's upcoming Series P debuted the same morning TLG drops Series 19's official images... nervouslaughter1.gif

I won't post Series P until Series 19 is revealed 

On 7/12/2019 at 4:43 PM, J4ck said:

I love the MIB reference in number 13.

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I won't post Series P until Series 19 is revealed 

Life truly is pain. :sadnew:

4 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Life truly is pain. :sadnew:

I dont want to waste a spot(s) in case there are characters in common 

4 hours ago, J4ck said:

What software do you use to draw these?

Adobe Illustrator CS6

Great stuff, especially the Wraith and Tombstone.  Also love the Knight Maiden, Herald, Muse, Underworld Ruler, and Giant for their applicability to Castle.

Very well done!

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It's okay, you don't have to spare LEGO's designers' feelings by doing their ideas better. :head_back:

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

So do you work on an indefinite number of them at once and then decide which to include in a given series?

2 minutes ago, Karalora said:

So do you work on an indefinite number of them at once and then decide which to include in a given series?

No. I make a list of 16 and then I work on them. Right now I have the Series P, Q, and R ready. And also have some spares

So, if Series 19 is revealed and it turns out Dark Fairy or Cyclist are there, then I'll replace mines from Series P with other minifigures I have ready for other series. That way I won't waste any spots because I have more characters in my lists than the ones I need to complete all the series up to Series Z. 

I plan to post Series P on August 1st but if Series 19 isnt revealed by then, I'll have to push it back a little bit

4 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

It's okay, you don't have to spare LEGO's designers' feelings by doing their ideas better. :head_back:

Oh no no I didnt mean it that way hahaha Actually it's the way around: Giraffe Guy, Party Clown and Retro Space Hero have put my versions to shame. 

7 hours ago, x105Black said:

Great stuff, especially the Wraith and Tombstone.  Also love the Knight Maiden, Herald, Muse, Underworld Ruler, and Giant for their applicability to Castle.

Very well done!

Thanks your for feedback! Glad you liked them :classic:

So, if Series 19 is revealed and it turns out Dark Fairy or Cyclist are there, then I'll replace mines from Series P with other minifigures I have ready for other series. That way I won't waste any spots because I have more characters in my lists than the ones I need to complete all the series up to Series Z.

Oooooh, a Cyclist eh?! :oh: If I remember right, @Trekkie99 had been asking about such an archetype on this topic awhile back. :classic:

Oh no no I didnt mean it that way hahaha Actually it's the way around: Giraffe Guy, Party Clown and Retro Space Hero have put my versions to shame.

Personally, I think your own Party Clown was much better, while I don't think your two '50s-era/Astropunk Retro Spacemen are that comparable to Lego's '30s-era/Raypunk Retro Space Hero. In my eyes, they're two distinct archetypes, and I do hope we see a bubble-helmeted Space Explorer from Lego here soon! :purrr:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oooooh, a Cyclist eh?! :oh: If I remember right, @Trekkie99 had been asking about such an archetype on this topic awhile back. :classic:

Personally, I think your own Party Clown was much better, while I don't think your two '50s-era/Astropunk Retro Spacemen are that comparable to Lego's '30s-era/Raypunk Retro Space Hero. In my eyes, they're two distinct archetypes, and I do hope we see a bubble-helmeted Space Explorer from Lego here soon! :purrr:

In the design department he's usually at least as good as the LEGO designs. I grant you that's probably a subjective metric for comparison, as personal tastes are personal tastes. I imagine if someone were to take his 2D drawings and give them the weight of LEGO's 3D renderings.

Call me a fanboy, but I'll never be convinced that Robert8 doesn't have an eye for design every bit as good as anyone working on the CMF team. :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by K_Tiger

On 2/23/2017 at 8:09 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

If they did that spooky knight, I'd go bankrupt.

They made it!

Another one finally appeared in the CMF line: the Spooky Knight!

32963230365_a5d7ca43c2_o.png

Edited by Robert8

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

They made it!

They could make new designs for spooky knights forever and Id love every single one of them. I hope this is just the beginning

They made it!

32963230365_a5d7ca43c2_o.png

Nope.
Series 19 is nice and I'll get dozens of that, but I'd call that a VAMPIRE KNIGHT, while this is an UNDEAD KNIGHT which is very, very different,

On 6/23/2019 at 2:50 AM, Robert8 said:

I plan to end these with Series Z

Well, you did use the Spanish ñ, so you could continue with the Danish alphabet: after Z comes Æ, Ø, and Å !!!!

Anything to keep these miracles coming!

Ok, it was bound to happen: Series 19 is the series that will wreck this thread :laugh:

So many characters in common! Pizza Guy, Rugby Player, Spooky Knight, Shower-Time Dude :oh:

I’ve just come to ask if you’ve seen the leak of the Series 19 packet .. so many of your designs seem to be here .. shower dude with a green rubber duck though ?? Wonder who the pink flamingo belongs to ?? 

14 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Wow, that many? Still wouldn't mind seeing your takes, naturally.

Same here, that is if Robert does have any scraped (but finished) artwork for such! :excited:

5 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

I’ve just come to ask if you’ve seen the leak of the Series 19 packet .. so many of your designs seem to be here .. shower dude with a green rubber duck though ?? Wonder who the pink flamingo belongs to ?? 

The purple-haired woman next to the flamingo.

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

Are you going to post Series P now :wink:

As he's said, it'll not be until August 1st at the earliest; but, with Series 19's imminent reveal seeming a little closer with the leaks we've seen, @Robert8's Series P won't be as delayed as it originally seemed... :purrr:

There should be no problem now. We'll continue with the regular schedule. Series P will be posted next week.