^Agreed. It will be a cost option as it uses 2x white #4 connectors.

I'm ready to start the 3rd version. It will be RC, as light as possible and come without pop-up lights, opening doors, windscreen, etc. I may even take out the suspension... someting like this;

1963 Corvette Grand Sport Roadster.

26608169603_07ce3c28f2.jpg1963 Corvette Grand Sport 2 by James Tillson, on Flickr

Might want to change the tires too... I would remove the suspension, if you're going for speed and aren't going on rough surfaces no suspension has been fine in my experiences. It saves space, and lets you do more with the bodywork. Even if you only removed the live axel, that would give you much, MUCH more space. looks good!

I finished the interior - I rebuilt the chassis in red and added seats and a dash.

27232786041_261d82b92b.jpg1963 Corvette 007 by James Tillson, on Flickr

When I took the front bumper off (to start the Grand Sport conversion) the nose looked nothing like a corvette, just a buch of parts holding the lights in place.

So I rebuilt the front and managed to use one more 18944 panel.

27302601805_fe14096a11.jpg1963 Corvette 006 by James Tillson, on Flickr

The coupe roof just clips back on using the same mounting points as the folding roof.

27274524205_fd91bdcd96.jpg1963 Corvette 068 by James Tillson, on Flickr

I am waiting for BL'd parts to arrive, I don't have a HOG position for the convertible version and I haven't started the RC chassis yet.

I vote this is put in the HOF as soon as possible :sweet:

Thank you. I couldn't have done it without the new panels from 42045. It uses 15x 18944 and 20x 24116. Good job these will be available from S@H soon.

I'm sure we can all do alot more with these panels; I only have to change the connectors that hold the wings in place from #4 to #3 and it looks like a Corvette C3.

I can also see a VW Beetle, 2CV, DS, Alpine A110, classic 911 and many more.

With just a few tweeks to the model I have now it could look like this:

27235753841_91ea9f6b5f_n.jpg250GTO by James Tillson, on Flickr

I photoshop'd the panels from green to blue. New parts can't arrive soon enough.

26698145144_4259293e37_n.jpg1963 Corvette 010 (photoshoped panels) by James Tillson, on Flickr

Love the final look of this car.

How did you scale this car so well?

What software did you use to put the

drawing overlapping the car?

HOF worthy fro sure!

Personally, I would build seats from 5L and small bent liftarms, this version seems very uncomfortable. However it is only personal preference.

I really like the rest of the car, especially with Stingray roof. Good work!

Does it have pop-up headlights?

Yes, except they rotate rather than popping up. See flickr video. Manual roof is pretty quick to open.

26705219063_309850c7b0_n.jpg1963 Corvette M6 by James Tillson, on Flickr

How did you scale this car so well?

What software did you use to put the drawing overlapping the car?

I use photoshop CS2 (it was free!)

I find blueprints on the internet and change the image size so that I can just put a box around something and the info tab will tell me (in units of studs) the size and relative position.

For example, these wheels are 8 studs arcross.

26705380293_b04e7ca3a5_n.jpgScalling demo by James Tillson, on Flickr

I can also take a picture (from as far away as possible to limit perspective effects) and use photoshop to overlay the picture on the blueprint.

26401326773_3cb6061fd4_n.jpgcorvette scale 8 by James Tillson, on Flickr

Corvette and 250GTO are so similar that I'm wondering if I should convert to [WIP] Ferrari GTO... Corvette in black, Ferrari in white. I'm not sure which came first.

27032763260_7b97778573.jpgcorvette GTO overlay by James Tillson, on Flickr

wow that's awesome! im always impressed when i see something made with blue, i mean, there arent too many parts aviable, you've done some great paneling there :)

James! Really great looking car in this scale! I like how have you used the new "seat-panels" specially for doors. It really copy the shapes of real car and is inspiration to use also for other cars... Great work!

Max

Thank you. I am also pleased and surprised at how this turned out.

The coupe and convertible are both finished but I still need one more blue 18944 panel (and a sunny day) before I can take some pictures.

I'm not going to do an RC Grand Sport as I am itching to take this all apart and start something else.

I'm not going to make a LDD of this but I will take a video as I take it apart. I can upload it playing backwards like František Hajdekr does on his excellent youtube channel.

Yes, with video it is a good idea. Very simple and quick way how to document the building process. I like your coupé a lot. I love the shapes of the rear windows, rear taillights, the interior. I like that you have integrated the suspension in front and at the rear detail like the live axle. Then the headlight... Really oustanding model with a lot of realistic details... :)

Max