just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

This seems like a pretty promising series, but I hope its more about the figures from the animated movies, instead of Mickey & friends. What I would like to see the most are figs like Hook, Jafar, Hercules, or Mulan. Much better for history fans to carry us through the Nexo dry spell.

I hope the same. I'm not going to be picking up many (if any) of the Mickey and his gang minifigures, but I would seek out characters from movies, like Jafar, Sully, Ariel, Peter Pan, and others.

I am not interested in any of the Disney characters per say. I would like many of animated characters for their use in historic and fantasy builds. Yes to Jafar and Peter Pan but also to Mulan, Captain Hook, Maleficent, Pocahontas, and any of the princes. I prefer the CMF or licensed minifigures because of the detailed printing.

Why would Dimensions be in this topic?

Because it's seeing a bunch of minifigures introduced that people of various franchises will want and could be the reason behind replacing the Simpsons minifigure series with Disney?

I am not interested in any of the Disney characters per say. I would like many of animated characters for their use in historic and fantasy builds. Yes to Jafar and Peter Pan but also to Mulan, Captain Hook, Maleficent, Pocahontas, and any of the princes. I prefer the CMF or licensed minifigures because of the detailed printing.

Maleficent would be fantastic! I'd really like to see a Black and Purple dragon (not brick-built) at some point down the road as well.

I'd also be keen to get Pocahontas or Mulan. My main interest is in historical or fantasy characters as well, but there are some characters from Disney films I do like, which is why I mentioned Ariel and Sully in my previous post.

Edited by x105Black

Even though Dimensions is a slap in the face to Disney Infinity, and may one day become more popular, I doubt the Disney series will do any harm.

Whether or not people want it, the Simpsons series have ended. I personally don't mind, as a good majority of the main characters have been done, and I'm not a huge fan. But it's done for now. Simpsons' inclusion in Dimensions hints that it'll keep going, but not through the CMF theme.

We didn't get Principal Skinner or Moe, who are well known characters in The Simpsons.

Edited by Ordinareo

I'm so excited that horrid abomanation that is the Simpsons dissappears :grin:

All joking aside, i can't wait to finally start buying blind bags again, if an Inside Out character is in this, or just another cool Disney guy i'd be more than happy to buy some packs

I'm not.

LOTR missed out some important (but secondary) characters at the expense of third rate ones (eg No Witch King, Eowyn but got Mouth of Sauron).

Simpsons will have missed out some important (but secondary) characters at the expense of third rate ones (eg. No Skinner but got Edna, No Lenny and Carl or Barney and Moe but got Moleman and Frink).

It seems to be a little strange. I know they are never going to produce every character, but it is a bit like giving us a series with Peter Pan, Smee and Michael Darling but no Captain Hook or Wendy.

I'm not.

LOTR missed out some important (but secondary) characters at the expense of third rate ones (eg No Witch King, Eowyn but got Mouth of Sauron).

Simpsons will have missed out some important (but secondary) characters at the expense of third rate ones (eg. No Skinner but got Edna, No Lenny and Carl or Barney and Moe but got Moleman and Frink).

It seems to be a little strange. I know they are never going to produce every character, but it is a bit like giving us a series with Peter Pan, Smee and Michael Darling but no Captain Hook or Wendy.

Honestly, that's Lego's fault. They should've put more new characters into the second series instead of variants

Honestly, that's Lego's fault. They should've put more new characters into the second series instead of variants

That's easy to say, But the fact is potential still remains for a third Simpsons series.

That's easy to say, But the fact is potential still remains for a third Simpsons series.

There always is. But I try not to get my hopes up for stuff when it comes to Lego. I'm usually disappointed

Variants were put in S2 for all the newcomers who didn't catch the first wave. Who would want miss Krabaple, but not have any of the actual Simpsons? Though Milhouse really didn't need a repeat

That's the problem isn't it. Keeping future series having enough wanted figs in them to sell the series, but ending up missing out on important characters as they might have left some characters until later then decided to just stop mid-way through. If they stop Simpsons S2 now, it looks like bad planning. LOTR looked like bad planning. When do the punters stop trusting them and not even bother start collecting a franchise as they won't let it run long enough to give you what you want.

Can we move this Simpson conversation to another thread such as a "Simpson 2016?" thread? I would create one but I don't care for it.

Getting back on topic for Disney, I would hope that keep the regular minifig heads where appropriate. That is one of the reason that I did not like The Simpsons.

replacing the Simpsons minifigure series with Disney?

Well since this is Disney's rumor thread, Simpsons topic might have to end here. My last word is, I support SImpsons to extend to 2016, but that only means full wave regular sets along with new characters including Moe and Principal Skinner (probably a school set), not the third CMF series.

With that said, saying that other licenses shouldn't enter the CMF series realm is kinda unwise in this License forum.

For now, no new Princess heard in Disney Princess 2016 line is kinda a letdown. So I'm not sure if Mulan and Pocahontas should/could be in. At least, I'm willing to see the "unofficial" princess in this line. :p

For now, no new Princess heard in Disney Princess 2016 line is kinda a letdown. So I'm not sure if Mulan and Pocahontas should/could be in. At least, I'm willing to see the "unofficial" princess in this line. :p

I really hope that the princesses can appear in this CMF. That way the AFOLs (and even kids) who don't like the minidolls still have a chance to get their favorite characters as minifigs.

My speculation list. I tried to hit at least one character from each of Disney's sub-brands.

THE FAB FIVE

1. Mickey ( Sorceror's Apprentice version)

2. Minnie

3. Goofy

4. Donald

5. Pluto (w/ Small sculpted figs Chip 'n Dale)

CLASSIC CHARACTERS

6. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit

PRINCESS/HEROES

7. Snow White

8. Aladdin

9. Elsa

VILLIANS

10. Maleficent

11. Cruella De Ville

FAIRIES

12. Tinkerbell

PIRATES

13. Jack Sparrow

TRON

14. Sam Flynn

PIXAR

15. Woody

16. Buzz Lightyear

I'd like to see:

Classic characters:

1. Mickey Mouse

2. Minnie Mouse

3. Donald Duck

4. Pluto

5. Pongo

6. Perdy

7. Baloo

8. Captain Hook

9. Lady

10. Tramp

11. Bambi

12. Thumper

13. Dumbo

14. Mad Hatter

Post-Walt Disney:

15. The Genie

16. Timon

Guys, they'd do super iconic characters in the first series. They'll probably test it out to see if it's a success. Because of this, I doubt more obscure characters like Oswald. Also, I doubt animals will get their own figure spots, so I bet Pluto would come with a Mickey (and I'd think Mickey would be his regular version, not Sorceress's Apprentice, but that's a little plausible I guess). And then, I doubt they'd release multiple characters from a single film or smaller franchise. Buzz and Woody are from a hugely iconic and successful on-going movie franchise from Disney/Pixar, so that's okay. The classic Mickey characters are also super recognizable (I can see them doing Mickey (and Pluto), Minnie, Goofy, and Donald all in the first series). With all this considered, this rules out double animals like Pongo and Perdy, Lady and Tramp, and Thumper and Bambi.

I do really like your list, skelliesgang. I'd add Peter Pan (since there's that one reliable poster who said a shop owner said he's in, and Peter Pan is super iconic and wouldn't require any new moulds, or just one- but moulds shouldn't be much of a problem), and I'd add Anna as well (I can see them doing Elsa and Anna in one series because Frozen is still super popular). I'd drop Tinkerbell, it'll seem a little out of scale to have her own full minifigure and I can't see them doing two Peter Pan characters in the first series (unless she's a small piece with Peter Pan), I'd drop Oswald (explained above), but I really like your thinking with Malificent, Cruella, and redoing Jack Sparrow (though I see him as less likely than Buzz and Woody re-dos). Dunno if Sam Flynn will be in, but I guess it's plausible.

Buzz and Woody

Do you think they will be included?

Because Toy Story 4 is coming next year

why?

probably we will see new TS sets, maybe a videogame...

And I think potc , the 5th movie, too

It comes out 2017. I still think they'll be included, like a little taste of what is to come. They released Santa many times after Series 8, and they released some of the same Simpsons figures from Series 1 in Dimensions and the D2Cs.

It comes out 2017.

Oh... I thought it would be released in 2016 :grin:

If Pixar is going to be included, I'd say Toy Story and Finding Nemo are the most iconic movies.... and unless we get a Nemo suit guy, I don't think any Finding Nemo character will be showing up here.

So,definitely I'd see some Toy Story minifigures in this series, as you say.

Oh... I thought it would be released in 2016 :grin:

If Pixar is going to be included, I'd say Toy Story and Finding Nemo are the most iconic movies.... and unless we get a Nemo suit guy, I don't think any Finding Nemo character will be showing up here.

So,definitely I'd see some Toy Story minifigures in this series, as you say.

This really wouldn't work out in LEGO, would it:

finding-nemo-clownfish-costume-6490.jpg

My speculation list. I tried to hit at least one character from each of Disney's sub-brands.

THE FAB FIVE

1. Mickey ( Sorceror's Apprentice version)

2. Minnie

3. Goofy

4. Donald

5. Pluto (w/ Small sculpted figs Chip 'n Dale)

CLASSIC CHARACTERS

6. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit

PRINCESS/HEROES

7. Snow White

8. Aladdin

9. Elsa

VILLIANS

10. Maleficent

11. Cruella De Ville

FAIRIES

12. Tinkerbell

PIRATES

13. Jack Sparrow

TRON

14. Sam Flynn

PIXAR

15. Woody

16. Buzz Lightyear

Pretty nice list, but I would change some things.

The fab five:

1. Mickey Mouse (normal clothes) with pluto asseccory

2. Minnie (figaro asseccory)

3. Goofy

4. Donald (chip and dale asseccory)

5. Daisy (replacement pluto_

Fairy tales/ princesses, classic movies/ heroes:

6. Snow White

7. Alladin (with abu) or Genie (with lamp, maybe carpet)

8. Elsa

9. Anna (replacement for oswald)

10. Pinocchio with jiminy cricket accessory (replacement sam flynn)

11. Peter Pan with Tinkerbell accessory (replacement tinkerbell)

Villains:

12. Maleficant

13. Cruella De Ville (with puppy accessory)

14. Captain Hook (replacement for Jack Sparrow)

Pixar:

15: Woody

16: Buzz

I agree with J2G on Oswald and Pluto. However, I strongly disagree on Woody and Buzz. As much as I love Toy Story, I really don't want them to waste two of the spots in the series on minifigs that we have gotten in several sets already. Most people who want Woody and Buzz probably already have them and wont be interested in them, so it wouldn't make sense for them to be included in this series. It makes more sense for them to wait two years and make a full Toy Story 4 line of sets. Same goes for Jack Sparrow. I mean, he was in every single POTC set. Nobody wants him at this point, and POTC5 might get sets as well.

Other than that, skelliesgang's list sounds plausible. But perhaps we should start a wishlist thread before everyone starts posting their wishlists here.

Other than that, skelliesgang's list sounds plausible. But perhaps we should start a wishlist thread before everyone starts posting their wishlists here.

I concur.

Maybe a Disney version of the CMF Guessing Game thread