just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

Wait, what exactly do you mean with Minifigures D2C??? A minifigure scaled Disney? D2C set or Disney collectible minifigures - but that has already been "confirmed"???

The name is 'Minifigures D2C'

The name is 'Minifigures D2C'

Sorry but I'm a bit confused ... we don't talk about the LEGO Minifigures - Disney Series (2016) here, right?

Next year there is a D2C Minifigures set coming out. We're assuming it's a large set based on one of the collectable minfig series so many of us have been thinking it could be Cinderella's castle or something similar. Does that clear it up?

It would be really interesting if it was a D2C set related to the CMF themes in general. It could be so many things.

I would love it they did do duck tales, rescue rangers. But my favorite disney cartoon is the gummy bears. I know it's not likely, but one can dream right :grin:

Ha, I love that era! I'm actually working from home today and I've got Darkwing Duck on in the background. I know it won't happen, just like The Gummi Bears, but I want DW, Gizmo-Duck, and Launchpad McQuack!

I mean, I got two Mr. Golds two weeks apart at the same ToysRUs... :wink:

Whaaaaaaat?? DAMN.

I'd rather have a Tail Spin version of Baloo.

Seconded. Ohh-eee-ay, Tail Spin, ohh-eee-ohh, Tail Spin...

As for the Mike and Sulley debate, I honestly don't care if they don't get made. I don'l really care for any of the proposed methods of adapting their body types (though the Wookie-style Sulley sounds the best), and even though I loved the movie, there are plenty of other figs I'd rather have over them. That being said, I guess we know (?) that Pixar will be included, and I see them being pretty high on that list, so I won't be at all surprised if they DO get made. As ever, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. But my vote is for d)none of the above :wink:

"Minifigures D2C". So very, very, very, vague! :laugh:

EDITED to fix "Gummi Beards" typo. Delicious.

Edited by rob-ot5000

If it's called "Minifigures D2C", then I doubt it's Disney-related. This will be Disney's first series, so it seems that it'd be based on the assorted series before.

Could the Minifigure D2C be similar to the VIP exclusive Collectible Minifigure Set from way back when?

The one with five popular figures or whatever.

It could be a set of the most popular figure from each series, if there were 16 series before then. If they included the LEGO Movie Series, that could be what it is.

Could the Minifigure D2C be similar to the VIP exclusive Collectible Minifigure Set from way back when?

The one with five popular figures or whatever.

It could be a set of the most popular figure from each series, if there were 16 series before then. If they included the LEGO Movie Series, that could be what it is.

That heap of crap? No thanks. I remember that thy chose figures nobody wanted because they had a load of leftover pieces from production:

If it's called "Minifigures D2C", then I doubt it's Disney-related. This will be Disney's first series, so it seems that it'd be based on the assorted series before.

Don't really think that's an argument. Simpsons got a D2C in the same year as their first cmf series

That heap of crap? No thanks. I remember that thy chose figures nobody wanted because they had a load of leftover pieces from production:

Well... the Elf was there. And he was/is very popular

Excuse my ignorance but what does D2C mean?

Direct To Customer. Sets that are only sold through Shop@Home or the Lego stores.

Don't really think that's an argument. Simpsons got a D2C in the same year as their first cmf series

But it wasn't part of the "Minifigures" label. If the set's really being referred to as "Minifigures", then it doesn't sound like it'll be from the Disney series.

Well... the Elf was there. And he was/is very popular

Also, there were a couple parts that had substitutes used for the originals, which certainly doesn't sound like they were just getting rid of leftover pieces. It's possible they "chose figures nobody wanted because they had a load of leftover pieces", but we have no way of knowing that, and the evidence doesn't support that idea.

IIRC, the figures were chosen based on poll results. Lots of AFOLs were pretty unhappy with the selection, but many didn't take into account that the overwhelming majority of LEGO's customers are kids, who wouldn't necessarily choose the things we would, or even choose things we could predict or understand.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

But it wasn't part of the "Minifigures" label. If the set's really being referred to as "Minifigures", then it doesn't sound like it'll be from the Disney series.

Both the house and the Apu set were in the Minifigures website. I think they are part of the Minifigures line

Excuse me, but what series are you talking about?

(The one with the elf and stuff)

CMF Series 3

They re-released 5 minifigures from that series

Well, Bolt's a dog not a minifigure, so there will be no minifigure of bolt. The only way I could see bolt made is if they make Penny, so bolt will be her accesory.