just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

So if we get human characters, would they be yellow or fleshie? I hope Fleshie since all licensed themes are

They'd definitely be fleshy. Only reason Simpsons characters were not is because... well... they're not. :tongue:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Anyone think we'll see characters from "Atlantis: the Lost Empire"? I could definitely see Kida or Milo.

I'd love a Kida minifigure.

It'll be very strange to get a fleshy minifigure series, I hope some of characters will work well being yellowized

This skirt from the Nexo Knights cartoon would look great as the bottom of Belle's yellow ball gown:

2s8ibf4.jpg

Although I'd prefer to have Belle in her street clothes. Or even better, this fur-lined, hooded outfit:

376454_1265987503185_full.jpg

This skirt from the Nexo Knights cartoon would look great as the bottom of Belle's yellow ball gown:

Since Belle and the princess have their own theme, we might not see this piece for the CMF series.

Would it be phsyically made or is just a piece shown in the story? Not sure. But for a blind bag, it could be a bit too obvious or heavier than the skirts we had before?

It'll be very strange to get a fleshy minifigure series, I hope some of characters will work well being yellowized

Uh well, if you want them yellow just cause it's CMF series, what happens when LEGO begin to plan some regular Disney sets? You could be unable to put all of them together in the end. Edited by Dorayaki

I really hope we do see some princesses in this theme, because the minidolls do not integrate well with any other LEGO themes.

We already got some fleshies in the two Simpsons series...

Since Belle and the princess have their own theme, we might not see this piece for the CMF series.

Would it be phsyically made or is just a piece shown in the story? Not sure. But for a blind bag, it could be a bit too obvious or heavier than the skirts we had before?

Uh well, if you want them yellow just cause it's CMF series, what happens when LEGO begin to plan some regular Disney sets? You could be unable to put all of them together in the end.

I didn't say I wanted them yellow, I just want some of the torsos to be yellow compatible if I swapped the hands over... so not too much cleavage showing etc

Because, speaking personally, I will buy the whole series regardless (because I like collecting the minifigures and I like most of the Disney from my own childhood and some from the present day)

But which ones I buy multiples of will depend on how useful I find them for using in my lego 'play' in general, and those I would use the parts for other scenes etc.

Does that make sense?

EDIT: But I keep forgetting I need to start stockpiling flesh to make all the Doctor who scenes so scrap that, I don't care what colour they are as long as they are cool Minifigures

Edited by BrickOn

I definitely think we'll see some minifigure princesses! This is Disney! What's Disney without its princesses? I hope we get Belle with that new dress piece! :wub:

I'd love a Kida minifigure.

Very much same. :wink: what a flawless film. :wub:

See, my concern here is not that the figures will be fleshie. I am 150% positive that they will be. (Imagine the backlash if they weren't?! :wacko: do you recall when Lando was released originally? Lego does not want a repeat of that...)

My concern is that the minifigure's heads will not be compatible with other fleshy minifig heads. I think they will have... well, "Disney-fied" eyes. Much like Star Wars Clone wars figures look "off" when placed beside other figures, my main concern is that these figures will be too. I know they will be different in style... but I hope it's not so different. I need more fleshie figures, and I hope Disney CMF ones don't look too weird. :sceptic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Now that I think about it, they'll have to be fleshie. Let's be real here, we're pretty much 100% get a Mickey Mouse fig. How could we not? Mickey has flesh tones on him. If they do him yellow, that would look terrible. And if they do him flesh and other characters yellow, that would look equally as bad.

I mean, it shouldn't even be a question that they'll make these yellow... they'll definitely be fleshy weshy.

I definitely think we'll see some minifigure princesses! This is Disney! What's Disney without its princesses? I hope we get Belle with that new dress piece! :wub:

See, my concern here is not that the figures will be fleshie. I am 150% positive that they will be. (Imagine the backlash if they weren't?! :wacko: do you recall when Lando was released originally? Lego does not want a repeat of that...)

My concern is that the minifigure's heads will not be compatible with other fleshy minifig heads. I think they will have... well, "Disney-fied" eyes. Much like Star Wars Clone wars figures look "off" when placed beside other figures, my main concern is that these figures will be too. I know they will be different in style... but I hope it's not so different. I need more fleshie figures, and I hope Disney CMF ones don't look too weird. :sceptic:

My main concern is how the regular theme "Disney Princess" we already had would evolve in the future. I, of course, think Princesses are part of the Disney world, but that saying equally says Jack Sparrow and Woody should be in.

It's frustrating that we don't hear new stories involved in the upcoming list of 2016. If that tells LEGO Disney Princess is gonna ending, it should be fine to replace it with a new Disney theme. Just not sure if it's what LEGO really think 100%.

Squidward also used a normal head with the cartoon print (thankfully it's gone). In other cartoon franchises cases, Avatar as abit off but April from TMNT and Star Wars Rebels still stick to the LEGO style. I think it would not happen again.

Edited by Dorayaki

My main concern is how the regular theme "Disney Princess" we already had would evolve in the future. I, of course, think Princesses are part of the Disney world, but that saying equally says Jack Sparrow and Woody should be in.

It's frustrating that we don't hear new stories involved in the upcoming list of 2016. If that tells LEGO Disney Princess is gonna ending, it should be fine to replace it with a new Disney theme. Just not sure if it's what LEGO really think 100%.

I don't think the two can't coexist. I personally don't care for Princesses... no offense, I just don't have much use for the minidolls. I like the ones in Elves, but I doubt Lego will ever produce a diverse enough variety of them to make them usable for my purposes. I think Princesses and a Disney CMF line could certainly take place at the same time though.

Squidward also used a normal head with the cartoon print (thankfully it's gone). In other cartoon franchises cases, Avatar as abit off but April from TMNT and Star Wars Rebels still stick to the LEGO style. I think it would not happen again.

That's a great example! Thanks for that! I'm still not 100% convinced they will avoid the compatibility issue though... after all... Disney eyes are very much iconic.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Have you seen the Ideas submission for a Disney series? They look just fine with normal minifig eyes.

I personally want them to have normal eyes... I just don't feel confident that they will, given that Disney eyes are such an important brand feature of Disney characters. I guess it is really a moot point at the moment as we haven't seen any figures yet.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I have that original Squidward head. I've used it to good effect. I also have used minidoll heads and parts as decorations in a couple of my builds.

I still think this upcoming series will focus on the core cartoon characters, particularly the ones that appear on Disney Channel. I believe Disney owns the rights to the long leg molds, so we could see a return of those here (like the POTC baldric showed up in Lone Ranger).

I don't think a Disney theme would have to supercede a Disney Princesses theme, but to be honest I hope it would. Minidolls are a tragedy. I would have purchased several more Friends, Elves, and Disney Princess sets if it weren't for the lack of minifigures. Seeing Disney princess characters as minifigures would be a fantastic upgrade, even if it is just for a CMF series.

If they continue with the minidoll Princess line, I still don't think that would make Disney themed sets with princesses an impossibility. I believe both could coexist, with the Disney sets more focused on the movies and the Princesses focused on the cutesy girly versions that they've been doing (like Jasmine with a tiger cub instead of a full grown tiger).

I still think this upcoming series will focus on the core cartoon characters, particularly the ones that appear on Disney Channel. I believe Disney owns the rights to the long leg molds, so we could see a return of those here (like the POTC baldric showed up in Lone Ranger).

I agree it'll mostly be animated characters, but I'm thinking the only Disney channel characters will see will have been featured in a movie at some point. I just see them picking more universally well known characters.

Also I don't really think Disney could own the rights to the long legs. The long legs are just a taller version of the regular legs. There's nothing special about them, nothing that link them directly to Woody either. It would be one thing if the legs had been sculpted to be extra skinny like Wood's, but there's nothing other than printing distinguishing the piece as belonging to a Disney character. I think it's as generic as the short legs, so it would be strange if they had rights to it.

I could almost see that hairpiece being used for Belle too, depending on the back of it I guess.

Fleshie doesen't work for me. I can't use those parts. I wish the flesh heads didn't even exist or that they are all like that, this just makes an incompatibility problem.

Fleshy works just fine for me, I can have characters of all different colors. I just don't like the incompatibility, being unable to swap out heads because of fleshy torso prints and other such things. Outside of that, it's fine though.

Keep in mind that fleshy figures are a necessity when it comes to characters of different races in licensed properties. Having incompatible torsos is unavoidable for some characters, though.

I'd personally love a brickified ballgown like Boudon's/Macy's but I still can't see it happening.

Then they should have changed all the figures to fleshies in 04 or whenever they went from the old brick colors to new.

The mindset of "lego started in yellow so everything should be yellow" is outdated. Lego moved on, changed, and adapted for i think the better. Yellow just doesn't work for licensed characters. Yellow Mickey? Yellow woody? Yellow mace windu? Yellow nick fury? Yellow Asoka? Figures like those need to be represented the way they look, plain and simple. Some things just don't work in yellow. Some people need to move on just like Lego did.

Edited by vriverajr3