Not sure why but, every time I read the thread title I somehow skip the 'works' and only read bodyparts ... and that sounds really gruesome.

That said, nice work though.

Not sure why but, every time I read the thread title I somehow skip the 'works' and only read bodyparts ... and that sounds really gruesome.

Oops, wrong forum, haha.

I did try to put a bit of character to this vehicle, but I'm affraid the personification doesn't go any further;-)

Oops, wrong forum, haha.

I did try to put a bit of character to this vehicle, but I'm affraid the personification doesn't go any further;-)

-Black, Red, or Yellow?

-Why not all 3?

Oh My God...

Anyways, it seems like any of the three look good on this type of vehicle, and the other colors are either bland or aren't available for these parts. I dislike yellow though it is good for a vehicle that stands out like this, red is very common but always a good look, and black makes the bodywork shapes less prominent, but it looks menacing. They seem balanced as far as negatives/positives. I would prefer blue or orange, sadly it's not possible.

Edited by z3_2drive

-Black, Red, or Yellow?

-Why not all 3?

All 3 is indeed what it will be. I isolated the colored components and will build these in black, red and yellow.

Sadly enough 32034.gif (16 x 'Technic Axle and Pin Connector Angled #2 - 180°') and 32192.gif(2 x 'Technic Axle and Pin Connector Angled #4 - 135°') cannot be obtained within the EU via Bricklink. I'm affraid I will have to stick to black and red for now., Or is there an alternative way to obtain these yellow parts relatively easily?

Edited by Didumos69

you can just get the same parts in DBG (or a neutral color) and paint them. No one will know.

That's too bad.

I have changed the title of your topic.

I have changed the title of your topic.

Okay, thanks, I can perfectly live with that!

To better align this topic with the associated AWD platform-topic, maybe you could change the title of that topic into Steppenwolf Platform? I specifically prefer the use of the term platform over the term chassis, because platform better reflects the idea of a kind of 'open source'-platform that anyone could use as a starting point for a custom build.

You could try ordering them from lego at there Bricks and Stone's department under service. Maybe you can find them there?

That's a nice suggestion! I will certainly give that a chance!

How about merging the two topics?

How about merging the two topics?

I actually prefer the separation as it better resembles how the platform stands on itself. But if you have other reasons to still merge the topics, I can live with that.

The black parts were the first to arrive, so the first real-life appearance of the Steppenwolf is a bit menacing, sorry for that ;-).

I had to put up the torsion tension a bit because of the extra weight (EDIT: compared to the platform without bodywork). The torsion bar ends are now fixed to the chassis with perpendicular axle and pin connectors. Due to the extra weight I also had to re-tweak the tie rod positioning a little bit to avoid toe-in. I replaced the tooth rack with one that allows the track rods to be attached half a stud more backwards.

UPDATE: Instead of replacing the Tooth rack I strengthened the front wheel hubs to carry the extra weight without changing the overall steering geometry. See the image for the difference between the old hub (red parts have been removed) and the new hub (green parts have been added).

800x360.jpg

Bodywork and platform now consist of 2574 parts.

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x533.jpg800x533.jpg

Some details:

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

Looks very good in black, it was a good choice!

Lovely, but also mean enough, has the "road presence". :thumbup::wink:

Great MOC in person as well.

Looks really good in black,can't wait to see other colors!

Looks very good in black, it was a good choice!

Lovely, but also mean enough, has the "road presence". :thumbup::wink:

Great MOC in person as well.

Thanks! I actually decided to go for black, red and yellow. Red will be next...

...can't wait to see other colors!

me neither!

Changed bodywork from black to red in 35 minutes. Changing the rims took another 30 minutes, haha.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

I don't know what color I like more, red, or black... They both look very good but I think black looks the best.

So I finished my Steppenwolf build. Now the question is: Should I make real building instructions or not?

Edited by Didumos69

So I finished my Steppenwolf build. Now the question is: Should I make real building instructions or not?

Yes, please do make instructions. MOC with such complex design deserves its own instructions :thumbup:

Should I make real building instructions or not?

PLEEEASE DO!!! :laugh:

Edited by ifilin