Had the designs of the wings laying around on my PC for a while already but I now got the time to finally finish it!

24804113024_8995c83b06_b.jpg

So I based my design on multiple scale models and in game designs.

I wasn't so sure about what to do with the top part though, I decided not to add too much greeble.

Because this isn't the case in the original builds too (It was easier for me as well :tongue: )

25316347022_a789322b9a_b.jpg

And the back was quite a challange too, getting it just right was pretty hard but I think the Engines look pretty neat right now!

24804123614_8de491bd97_b.jpg

And ofcourse there should be room for a two man crew!

I'm pretty sure(ish) that it's actually possible to fit two TIE-Pilots in there.

24808001763_3cbca964d7_b.jpg

And as a last thing I made a comparison render to the TIE-Fighter Lego Set (9492).

It's actually scaled off from this by using some movie reference material, and I came to the conclusion it should be a bit lower.

But almost two times in lenght and width.

25067115659_b6221a7d75_b.jpg

I like it very much.

Would you be willing to share the LDD? I am tempted to build it. :)

I like it very much.

Would you be willing to share the LDD? I am tempted to build it. :)

Haha glad you like it :D I was actually making an instruction manual for it!

So just DM me on here (Is that actually possible here :sceptic:) or DM me your e-mail for the file!

Instragram:

Thats really cool, some great details on it!

Thank you so much! I love your signature pictures too, can't look at your Profile but I love that AT-AT and that X-wing :sweet:

The forum says you cannot receive DM.

So here is my email: "veynom at outlook dot com" ;)

Alright I see many people like this TIE-Bomber :grin:

So if you are interested just send me a message via BrickLink

BrickLink: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Volt_Bricks&utm_content=globalnav

And ofcourse feel free to browse (my small) inventory.

Nice build! I would like to see LDD file too :wink:

Did you consider to change from 48092.jpg to 30562.gif

Hmmm might be a good idea though you would loose quite a lot of texture, but it would cut down the piece count big time!

(I have the feeling my Inbox might be loaded with mails thanks to this :purrr: luckly I always enjoy getting one :grin: )

Nice build! I would like to see LDD file too :wink:

Did you consider to change from 48092.jpg to 30562.gif

That's what I did with mine, in this post: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=104662&hl=bomber

Other than that, I think the OP and I independently made a lot of the same design choices, especially regarding the wings and overall proportions. Interesting and different solutions for the inside of the engines and the flat, greebled bit on top of the pilot's "pod," though. That's a tough shape to make using large cylindrical pieces, since you have to find some way to attach something flat to the smooth side of the cylinder. That part of mine is fairly fragile, and I've been meaning to take another crack at it.

That's what I did with mine, in this post: http://www.eurobrick...04662&hl=bomber

Other than that, I think the OP and I independently made a lot of the same design choices, especially regarding the wings and overall proportions. Interesting and different solutions for the inside of the engines and the flat, greebled bit on top of the pilot's "pod," though. That's a tough shape to make using large cylindrical pieces, since you have to find some way to attach something flat to the smooth side of the cylinder. That part of mine is fairly fragile, and I've been meaning to take another crack at it.

Yeah I wanted it to look like the design of the TIE-Fighter set because that one looks very good already, and the wing design like this came out very nice!

Yeah I wanted it to look like the design of the TIE-Fighter set because that one looks very good already, and the wing design like this came out very nice!

Yep, my thoughts exactly. The 9492 TIE Fighter was a great set -- revolutionary, really, compared to Lego's previous TIEs. Now I'm wondering if its worth trying to update things based on some of the newer cockpit designs, like the TIE Advanced Prototype. Have you thought about doing that, at all?

Also, are you planning on building yours with bricks? I always like seeing people's TIE collections.

Edited by Raskolnikov

In my opinion the texture you're able to achieve with the shorter curved bricks looks hands-down better than if you tried a smoother look with the taller curved panels. Gives it a real sense of "muscle" and realism. Will look awesome with the printed cockpit dish in place!

This is spectacular, but you should try to add in the new TIE cockpit piece as it looks much more accurate.

This is spectacular, but you should try to add in the new TIE cockpit piece as it looks much more accurate.

Yeah sadly LDD doesn't have that part if I'm correct, but if I build it I will definetly put that on there :sweet:

Beautiful model ... this ship is usually overlooked but it is one of my favorite! :vader:

Great work! :thumbup:

Thank you, I'm glad to here you like it :grin:

In my opinion the texture you're able to achieve with the shorter curved bricks looks hands-down better than if you tried a smoother look with the taller curved panels. Gives it a real sense of "muscle" and realism. Will look awesome with the printed cockpit dish in place!

I agree with Reputator, it looks great in the current design.

Yes I know right, it makes for this clean yet textured design. That's really where I was aiming for!

It does however up the piece count quite a lot! :sceptic:

Yep, my thoughts exactly. The 9492 TIE Fighter was a great set -- revolutionary, really, compared to Lego's previous TIEs. Now I'm wondering if its worth trying to update things based on some of the newer cockpit designs, like the TIE Advanced Prototype. Have you thought about doing that, at all?

Also, are you planning on building yours with bricks? I always like seeing people's TIE collections.

Yes if I get enough funds for it I definetly will, I got two TIE- Fighters and Defenders already (Though I want to modify the Defenders).

And want to add it to a layout I'm planning to do, so I'm already busy with making an AT-AA right now, and some more base turrets!

Looks amazing I would never have thought of using such a round curved piece to make this, I wouldve end up using normal slopes and reverse slopes....I am so glad I didn't because seeing yours I see how bad an idea mine was :laugh:

Excellent MOC makes me wonder if TLG will release a new Tie Bomber anytime soon.