MrBrickALot

What licensed car should be next?

After the 'recent' Mini Cooper, Transporter T1 and Ferrari F40, what should be the next model in the expert Creator line?

Some suggestions:

- Aston Martin DB5

88644399ae2b4c5-380e-4f9a-ac2c-750d8a1fbc80_fe_8121339_717.jpg

- Jaguar E-Type

motoring-graphics-2_839583a.jpg

- Ferrari 250 GTO

Ferrari-250-GTO-Be_3007501b.jpg

- Jaguar Mk2

CARMAN-JAG-PIC.jpg

- Mercedes 600 'Grosser'

Mercedes-Benz-600-33801_papstmobile_2013_18.jpg

- Citroën DS

9233258citroen-ds-23-02.jpg

Seems I have a doppelgänger... ^ :laugh:

Yes, but you've obviously been knighted...

My vote is for a modern car, maybe something electric.

I saw "Licensed" and my first thought was- "A-Team Van!" But alas, that's not what this thread is about.

I'm a Porsche guy, so my vote goes to a 911 (contemporary or classic), 918 Spyder, or a 917 (917 would be sweet- so much medium azure!! :moar: ).

Edited by Junior Shark

I wouldn't mind seeing the 1969 Indianapolis 500 pacecar - An Arctic White Camaro SS/RS, hugger orange (reddish) racing stripes and convertible

Kut8EO6.jpg

O3X4t9B.jpg

Edited by Aegis1984

Now we are cooking by gas!..that Camaro has a color scheme that is stunning! (hope Lego do a muscle car ,instead of another (yawn!) European super-car!)

Now we are cooking by gas!..that Camaro has a color scheme that is stunning! (hope Lego do a muscle car ,instead of another (yawn!) European super-car!)

I think it's due... VW Beetle, VW Camper van, Mini Cooper, Ferrari F40. Some American muscle would be well represented regardless of the make. Although, a Mopar vehicle such as the General Lee would probably be out due to licensing (And a questionable flag on the roof), a Mustang would be more likely due to the popularity. I'll still hold out for a Camaro though and failing to have a 1969, I would love to see a fifth generation version, in order to have a lego version of my own.

WCmqJbU.jpg

Edited by Aegis1984

One thing I've been wondering about lately is TLG's relationship with Volkswagen, which has yielded not just a few sets in recent years, but also the logo of another company actually molded into an official LEGO element (seen on the camper van shell of the Fillmore character in one of the DUPLO Cars sets), which I think might be the first or only example of something like that in the last few decades (I know there have been things like Esso signs and the like, but unless I'm mistaken, they're all from ancient sets of the '50s and '60s, of the sort LEGO Historian posts about). It seems TLG and VW have had a good relationship for all this to have happened. With VW's recent serious ethical lapse, though, I have to imagine TLG has at least reconsidered whether it wants to continue associating its brand with theirs.

What about a 1954 Ford F-100 or something along those lines? I think an old school truck would come out pretty decent in LEGO form

I'd also be ok with that DB5 though haha

Edited by Squarefoot_Calrissian

general-lee-1.jpg

*Ahem* :blush:...

This may not work though, since the whole "Confederate Flag Controversy" Over here in the US, which has died down, but it still going..

Edited by legonerd54321

An old Ford pickup would be sweet and a much needed change, but if it has to be an European make ,then a non-Porche/Ferrari classic from the sixties/seventies would be the way to go (cos TLG have done enough Porche/Ferrari sets already)....my favourite would be the Citreon DS (With working variable height suspension )or it`s ancestor the Traction Avant, from the forties.

Edited by r5-j2

If I would have to choose one it would be the Jaguar E-Type if they manage to get the shape in a good way. I'm not into American cars but I definitly think TLG should look oversees as well.

I'd also like to see a regular DeLorean.

Or maybe a Cobra Daytona,

7775813230_e263be8317_c.jpgCobra Daytona by anyett, on Flickr

Or a Lamborghini Countach

8585596907_11ebd9704b_c.jpgLamborghini Countach by Chad Tillekeratne, on Flickr

If we are also including modern day cars I'd like to see the eye catching Tesla Model X.

24242586644_790b479e9f_c.jpgTESLA MODEL X by SAUD AL-OLAYAN, on Flickr

I would like to see a muscle car, mainly mopar, otherwise i love a 4 door sedan or wagon (like a 72 coronet, 65 continental or 68 chevy kingswood)

maybe even something like a gremlin :p

For the non american cars i would like maybe a 67 alfa duetto spider, datsun 240z or toyota 2000gt.

I also would love to see a line of different famous concept cars.

I'm with THERIZE on the Lamborghini Countach, it's my absolute favourite car when I was a kid. I had it in Micro Machine and Transformer forms, always in red, although if they make a Lego model I would be happy with black or white, since those seem to be the most iconic colours for it to be in and we already have a red Ferrari.

1986-lamborghini-countach-2.jpg

My other picks are down to fandom.. a DeLorean (Back to the Future) or a Ferrari 308 (Magnum P.I.). Other than that, I'm not really that interested in modern cars, so I'm likely to be happy with anything more than 25 years old.

Have there been any rumours about what the Expert Creator licensed car is going to be this year? I have looked into the archives and this time last year we already know that it was going to be a Ferrari F40 for 2015. Does anyone know if we're going to get a licensed car at all?

Have there been any rumours about what the Expert Creator licensed car is going to be this year? I have looked into the archives and this time last year we already know that it was going to be a Ferrari F40 for 2015. Does anyone know if we're going to get a licensed car at all?

This year Lego has been very protective with their leaks, so don't worry, they are just doing a good job.

SHELBY COBRA!! Heck yes.

And a red Ferrari Barchetta? I could play with Lego listening to Rush music all day long with a set like that.

If it is like the previous three sets then it will not be from a manufacturer that had been used already so no Ferrari,VW or Rover/BMW. Personally I would like to see a 1970s Citroen DS, but looking at where Lego is popular (USA) and that Ford have a Speed Champions set I wouldn't be surprised if the next set was a classic Mustang.