Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Hmmm, $30 USD for the Water Strider = $60 here (hopefully not 70 like the Wonder Woman set)

LEGO is trying to kill sales of the Manta Ray Bomber/Jelly Sub, but I'm not complaining! :grin:

3 hours ago, NetherCreeper said:

Well, if you look at all of the price tags, they all say "pre-launch". This seems to be done on purpose, maybe to boost sales at Lego stores. Strange. I hope this means we'll get some reviews soon. That would be great!

It's not technically Lego stores, plural—it's the store at Legoland Billund, which like the other Legoland stores is not part of Lego Brand Retail (for instance, they don't take VIP points).

Legoland Billund is no stranger to these sorts of early launches. When I was there in 2015 for the inside tour they had the Airjitzu sets as well as the summer Friends sets prior to their regular launch (even before the employee store had them available).

This looks like a mix of AMAZING price per part ratios, and licensed property prices. 

Even though the price of the water strider is great, i'm still not as interested in it, i'm more interested in the landmaster ice tank and the city chase, maybe the Bounty as well.

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I bet there will be a Nexo Knights reference somewhere

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a Bionicle one also.

2 hours ago, jhuyser said:

http://prntscr.com/fozqgj 

I'm pretty sure these are Bionicle references. The one on the bottom in particular looks like the bara magna symbol.

Edited by Cyclone_37

2 hours ago, Cyclone_37 said:

http://prntscr.com/fozqgj 

I'm pretty sure these are Bionicle references. The one on the bottom in particular looks like the bara magna symbol.

Not sure about Bionicle signage, as I'm not familiar enough with it. Someone else will have to weigh in there.

I didn't see the two symbols you were referencing at first, so I thought you meant the neon green sign in the lower left, by the squid. Turns out sign says "Rice + Shine" in Ninjagoese. :snicker: I find it amusing that someone came up with a bad pun and then hid it away behind their alphabet.

5 hours ago, jhuyser said:

Those signs on the top left of the build are Bionicle Logos (to confirm @Cyclone_37's link), and (if you aren't too particular) those figures Mother Doomsday is handling could be considered Toa/Glatorian should you so desire.

Now if a hardcore Bionicle fan could give us the specifics as to what exactly those logo's entail, that would rock.

Edited by Penkid11

I have found a source listing the 2018 LEGO Ninjago Movie sets, though it would appear that there could be more than 4 sets, since 70630 is not listed:

70628 Action 2018 (9,99€)

70629 Pirana Chase (19,99€)

70631 Colcano Base (54,99€)

70632 Cole Rider (89,99€)

(Note: The source lists a majority of the first wave sets also, yet with encrypted names that we saw before. These include spelling errors and the swapping of titles between sets)

7 minutes ago, latenightguy said:

I have found a source listing the 2018 LEGO Ninjago Movie sets, though it would appear that there could be more than 4 sets, since 70630 is not listed:

(Note: The source lists a majority of the first wave sets also, yet with encrypted names that we saw before. These include spelling errors and the swapping of titles between sets)

Interesting.. Colcano Base? Given the photograph Garmadon is holding in the CMF series, I'm inclined to think this should be Volcano Base, which would be cool!

On the ground floor just above the phone they used a motorbogie ornament, element number 6152295, in dark brown, which is pretty cool and a good idea... I think that one particularity of this set is the use of many common elements in a different way... We'll get many good surprises. I love it, i'm so impatient to get it !

6 hours ago, latenightguy said:

I hope that the "Cole Rider" is the one-wheeled mech from the trailer.

I am also curious about the "Action 2018" I wonder what will be in this set. Probably a ninja and a few fish people.

7 hours ago, latenightguy said:

Interesting find, looking forward to Cole rider! 

7 hours ago, latenightguy said:

I feel as if 55€ is too small for a base and 90€ is too big for a vehicle. both sets seem out of scale compared to this wave. If it was the other way around, that would fit in more, but if this is the case, I won't mind. (Cole was my favorite anyways)

Also, the shark mech could be 70630. That would make sense.

Edited by NetherCreeper
Added additional information

17 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Those signs on the top left of the build are Bionicle Logos (to confirm @Cyclone_37's link), and (if you aren't too particular) those figures Mother Doomsday is handling could be considered Toa/Glatorian should you so desire.

Now if a hardcore Bionicle fan could give us the specifics as to what exactly those logo's entail, that would rock.

Those are not Bionicle symbols as much as I wish they had them in the set. 

2 hours ago, NetherCreeper said:

I feel as if 55€ is too small for a base and 90€ is too big for a vehicle. both sets seem out of scale compared to this wave. If it was the other way around, that would fit in more, but if this is the case, I won't mind. (Cole was my favorite anyways)

Also, the shark mech could be 70630. That would make sense.

Based on the first wave's confidential names, which included a Cole set and the various names being swapped amongst the other sets, I would assume that the Volcano Base could be the most expensive and so forth. But, we will just have to wait a few months and see.

Another Volcano Base?

We got one less than a year ago in Nexo Knights

Sounds a bit repetitive....

On 28.06.2017 at 1:31 AM, jhuyser said:

Aren't the nanofigs representing colors of original toa?

51 minutes ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Aren't the nanofigs representing colors of original toa?

Yeah, they're the Ninja. There isn't a brown one for Pohatu. Otherwise I'd be convinced.