Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

9 minutes ago, Boogly22238 said:

Apparently the gargoyle ladies are called Harpies. Wonder what other stone monsters we have yet to see

Since there are only three named monsters so far (Roog, Reex, Ruina) I suspect two more to show up alongside General Garg in the summer.

There appear to be three ranks of generic soldiers: Stone Stompers, Gargoyles/Harpies, and Roguls. 

4 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Since there are only three named monsters so far (Roog, Reex, Ruina) I suspect two more to show up alongside General Garg in the summer.

There appear to be three ranks of generic soldiers: Stone Stompers, Gargoyles/Harpies, and Roguls. 

Roguls aren't generic they are supposed to be like Ring Wraths from LoTR : really powerful and mysterious. So they aren't that generic, but rather there's a set amount of Rogul. 

On 14-1-2017 at 3:18 AM, Umbra-Manis said:

New promo set of sorts:

5004911 NEXO KNIGHTS™ Crafting Kit

On 14-1-2017 at 5:00 AM, OC_Architect said:

Cool. What do sets like this typically entail or is this a first?

@Umbra-Manis Nice, thanks! If there is anything craftable in the Nexo universe, it would have to do something with Nexo powers or weapons, I think. Since there is the 3 shield combo piece already, I doubt there will be yet another way of combining Nexo powers. Maybe it's all about weapons, like this set: 853111: {Exclusive Weapon Training Set}? Or, like suggested with the Minecraft battle pack, it's about character creation? I'd be all in for that! :sweet:

17 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

At the 50 second mark, you can see General Garg in the video: -snip-

There are also, generic knight looking gargoyle soldiers along with female gargoyles. Hope we get these minifigures in the summer wave.

Great! Now, I have good hopes that General Garg appears in the summer wave, completely in black would be the perfect treat! :purrr:

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:17 PM, BrickJagger said:

So the first time we'll be seeing the new sets is at the London Toy Fair on the 24th, correct?

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:10 PM, legozebra said:

No pictures allowed unfortunately - and based on brickset's previous fiasco last year, I doubt there will be clear descriptions. I'll just wait for the New York Toy Fair in mid February for pics.

23 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Nuremberg toy fair is on Feb. 1st. NYTF is on Feb. 18th. We'll first see them at Nuremberg toy fair.

No photography allowed at London TF.  However, "note-taking" is allowed and Brickset does this every year along with 1-2 other UK sites that Lego invites to the fair as their guests.  I'm not sure what "fiasco" you are referring to legozebra - did Brickset not provide descriptions of the Nexo Knight sets last year?  I can't recall myself. 

Huw has made a point of telling people that he devotes most of the (limited) time that he gets to themes that are of significant interest to him and basically doesn't spend much time on themes that he doesn't personally care for.  However, I think now he takes at least 1 and maybe 2 other people with him (that work for the site) so that they can cover off descriptions for as many themes as possible. 

If Nexo Knights got missed last year (I think Ninjago did as well....) and if you want to get descriptions this year, I suggest you contact Huw through Brickset.  He is very good at responding to inquiries and tries his best to resolve them.  I've contacted him myself on a couple of occasions and always received a prompt, useful response.  If enough people ask him to provide details of the Nexo sets (or any other sets that they want details on), I'm sure he will or at least get someone else from the site to write about them.

And yeah, even if Brickset doesn't come through, we will get photos for sure basically a week later!

Edited by TPLSTER21

5 hours ago, TPLSTER21 said:

No photography allowed at London TF.  However, "note-taking" is allowed and Brickset does this every year along with 1-2 other UK sites that Lego invites to the fair as their guests.  I'm not sure what "fiasco" you are referring to legozebra - did Brickset not provide descriptions of the Nexo Knight sets last year?  I can't recall myself. 

Huw has made a point of telling people that he devotes most of the (limited) time that he gets to themes that are of significant interest to him and basically doesn't spend much time on themes that he doesn't personally care for.  However, I think now he takes at least 1 and maybe 2 other people with him (that work for the site) so that they can cover off descriptions for as many themes as possible. 

If Nexo Knights got missed last year (I think Ninjago did as well....) and if you want to get descriptions this year, I suggest you contact Huw through Brickset.  He is very good at responding to inquiries and tries his best to resolve them.  I've contacted him myself on a couple of occasions and always received a prompt, useful response.  If enough people ask him to provide details of the Nexo sets (or any other sets that they want details on), I'm sure he will or at least get someone else from the site to write about them.

And yeah, even if Brickset doesn't come through, we will get photos for sure basically a week later!

If you recall, Lego had them take down the descriptions about a week before the Nuremberg Toy Fair because they were too detailed - Huw mentioned that they probably won't be invited back next year.

1 hour ago, BrickFit26 said:

I'm late, but I really like Ruina's new hairpiece.

It actually came out in 2011 with the Harry Potter sets for Bellatrix, but I agree - it's great

Just now, legozebra said:

It actually came out in 2011 with the Harry Potter sets for Bellatrix, but I agree - it's great

*huh* Then I'm super late...:laugh:. It really is a good hairpiece.

I went to my LEGO Store today and bought Aaron's Stone Destroyer and Lance vs. Lightening. I also got the promo item (Shrunken Headquarters) along with it.

Since it's been quite a while, I've been pondering to write some (pictured) reviews for these three sets. Are you folks interested in any reviews here? I used to write reviews for the Hero Factory sets over in the Action Figure forum.

Edited by ZORK64

Alright, I'll make sure to take plenty of pictures while building these sets. This will be fun! :laugh:

Any wishes as for which set I should review first?

Edited by ZORK64

28 minutes ago, ZORK64 said:

Alright, I'll make sure to take plenty of pictures while building these sets. This will be fun! :laugh:

Any wishes as for which set I should review first?

Always interested in seeing reviews. I am more partial to the Shrunken Headquarters as I foresee it will be a long time before we see it here in the States and if I can get off of my lazy butt have been wanting to put it together from the parts and pieces I have laying around. Other than that come as they may. :)

Edited by OC_Architect

3 minutes ago, samuraiturtle said:

I was wondering if any one else got an extra "Orange Blade". With the Clay battle suit or am I just lucky. 

I have heard of others getting extra's of that piece a bit. Seems to be normal but sadly no extra "axe" blade with the Axl battle suit I can say.

1 hour ago, samuraiturtle said:

I was wondering if any one else got an extra "Orange Blade". With the Clay battle suit or am I just lucky. 

I have heard the same thing regarding Clay's blade. Speaking of Clay I just noticed that out of all of the sets produced for Nexo Knights he never gets an alternate build for his weapon. Every set has just his standard blade while everyone else gets an alternate build for their signature weapon. You would think that being the main guy he would have a whole array of different or alternate weapons but considering he follows the Knight's Code maybe it is by choice.

4 hours ago, OC_Architect said:

I have heard the same thing regarding Clay's blade. Speaking of Clay I just noticed that out of all of the sets produced for Nexo Knights he never gets an alternate build for his weapon. Every set has just his standard blade while everyone else gets an alternate build for their signature weapon. You would think that being the main guy he would have a whole array of different or alternate weapons but considering he follows the Knight's Code maybe it is by choice.

His Ultimate set has a different blade (a blade you actually build!). It's also the blade that he uses in the App game as well.

I can confirm that Clay's Mech Suit comes with a second sword, while Axl's Mech Suit has only one axe blade (which saddens me, since I would love to build an axe with two identical blades).

I also got news on the review front: I finished the pictures for the Shrunken Headquarters today and began to take the pictures for Lance's set. I will write the reviews once I've took all pictures for all of the sets.

15 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

His Ultimate set has a different blade (a blade you actually build!). It's also the blade that he uses in the App game as well.

Yea, I guess I had forgotten about that one but that is the only one. Particularly when you compare to everyone else.

29 minutes ago, ZORK64 said:

I can confirm that Clay's Mech Suit comes with a second sword, while Axl's Mech Suit has only one axe blade (which saddens me, since I would love to build an axe with two identical blades).

I also got news on the review front: I finished the pictures for the Shrunken Headquarters today and began to take the pictures for Lance's set. I will write the reviews once I've took all pictures for all of the sets.

One thing that I was curious about on Aaron's vehicle is the stud shooter on the gargoyle - is that in translucent blue or is that just the studs? Looking forward to the reviews.

18 minutes ago, OC_Architect said:

Yea, I guess I had forgotten about that one but that is the only one. Particularly when you compare to everyone else.

One thing that I was curious about on Aaron's vehicle is the stud shooter on the gargoyle - is that in translucent blue or is that just the studs? Looking forward to the reviews.

Ultimate Clay also had a different sword than the one-piece claymore he usually wields.

The stud shooter in Aaron's Stone Destroyer is indeed Trans. Light Blue. It's a color that was introduced and used several times in the Bionicle theme.

3 hours ago, OC_Architect said:

I have been fiddling around with the new Nexo power shield and seeing what might be able to create with it but the Brothers Brick has a really good article up with some other uses that I had not thought about.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2017/01/19/new-nexo-knights-nexogon-part-analysis-new-elementary-guest-post/

2 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

Thanks for sharing, good read!

The original post came from New Elementary, which is also doing a giveaway MOCcing challenge with a bunch of those parts!

http://www.newelementary.com/2017/01/lego-hexagonal-triangular-plate-27255-ideas-techniques.html?m=1

3 hours ago, OC_Architect said:

I have been fiddling around with the new Nexo power shield and seeing what might be able to create with it but the Brothers Brick has a really good article up with some other uses that I had not thought about.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2017/01/19/new-nexo-knights-nexogon-part-analysis-new-elementary-guest-post/

Wow I knew the new part was ripe with potential but that blew my mind! If LEGO realizes the potential of this piece, it will far outlast Nexo Knights and become a staple of future builds for years to come. Whoever designed it is a genius. 

37 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Wow I knew the new part was ripe with potential but that blew my mind! If LEGO realizes the potential of this piece, it will far outlast Nexo Knights and become a staple of future builds for years to come. Whoever designed it is a genius. 

I wonder about parts like this and others on how they are designed as this one is pretty specific to achieving the goal in hand which is the capability to hold three shields at a time. I often wonder if the rest is just 'filler' so to speak in that they are just trying to add as much functionality into the part and let the community decide how to best take advantage of the new part as well as other designers. The connections and shapes certainly lends itself to creating some fairly organic shapes that can then be utilized with other brick building techniques that should open up a whole new Aden of model building. It is also cool that the part is so easily available and at what I think is a very affordable price and will continue to be readily available with another series of blind bag shields coming later this year. 

56 minutes ago, legozebra said:

The original post came from New Elementary, which is also doing a giveaway MOCcing challenge with a bunch of those parts!

http://www.newelementary.com/2017/01/lego-hexagonal-triangular-plate-27255-ideas-techniques.html?m=1

Thanks for pointing that out.

So, the Nexo Knight's magazine polybag shows a lightning/ stone scurrier. Is there any information/ are those available? They are certainly not part of the regular sets, that's why I am asking.

Edited by josykay