TheNerdyOne_

[LDD MOC] Rebels Phoenix Squadron and Blade Wing

Loving Rebels so far, so I've been making some minifigure-scale ships from the show, particularly the A-wings and the prototype B-wing.

24692337775_be234a2c59_b.jpg

24064175724_704117797b_c.jpg24598827731_e974e31071_c.jpg24324665489_cedcdb511d_c.jpg24692337525_61d253e122_c.jpg

24630917340_d8db185e6d_b.jpg

24299519443_a585b98fc8_b.jpg24900078876_178b584b9b_b.jpg24630912000_4d012aa6dc_b.jpg

I like your designs good job. You have impressed me even though I don't like the cartoon TV shows. Are we going to see these built?

They are really great! The Blade Wing is my absolute favourite. Would you also share the LDD files? Would be a great MOC for my collection.

I was literally just about to build the B-Wing in LDD myself. I would love the LDD file! I've been racking my brain trying to think of a way to build the second cockpit. I want it to rotate as well.

I was never a fan of either the A-wing or B-wing from the films (and have never purchased sets of either ship), but the treatment of BOTH of these ships in Rebels has made me a convert. The slanted s-foils and individual colors treatments on the Rebels A-wings are great and the Blade-wing, particularly the action scenes of its maneuverabilty and cannon really show this fighter's potential.

I love all things SW... OT, PT (at least the bearable parts), Clones Wars, AND Rebels. For anyone who hasn't given Rebels a second look after watching any episodes from Season 1, I encourage you to check out Season 2 (stills, MOCs, and commentaries don't do it justice!).

Can a figure fit inside the second cockpit of the B-Wing?

Was about to ask this

Id also like an LDD file for the A-wings, i kinda want a phoenix squadron A-wing, and chances of getting a cheap(ish) one from Lego are pretty small, so bricklinking a good design seems like the best option

I like your designs good job. You have impressed me even though I don't like the cartoon TV shows. Are we going to see these built?

Probably not. The A-wings are certainly possible, but the B-wing uses too many parts that don't exist in orange. Hopefully some day.

Can a figure fit inside the second cockpit of the B-Wing?

Yep, just barely. Unfortunately it comes at the cost of the appearance and the ability to rotate.

They are really great! The Blade Wing is my absolute favourite. Would you also share the LDD files? Would be a great MOC for my collection.

I was literally just about to build the B-Wing in LDD myself. I would love the LDD file! I've been racking my brain trying to think of a way to build the second cockpit. I want it to rotate as well.

Was about to ask this

Id also like an LDD file for the A-wings, i kinda want a phoenix squadron A-wing, and chances of getting a cheap(ish) one from Lego are pretty small, so bricklinking a good design seems like the best option

Here you go!

A-wings

Blade Wing

EDIT: Improved the turret so that it can rotate while still holding a figure. File was updated too.

24848758191_3fb24b948d_c.jpg

Edited by TheNerdyOne_

Thanks for the LDD file! Maybe you could use red parts and add orange and yellow accents? The ship seemed reddish orange to me. Maybe that would make it possible to build. I was literally going to build it in LDD myself this morning until I saw your post. I may still do it and use the 75050 instructions as a base. Thank you for the idea for the second cockpit.

Edited by JPN366

Probably not. The A-wings are certainly possible, but the B-wing uses too many parts that don't exist in orange. Hopefully some day.

Yep, just barely. Unfortunately it comes at the cost of the appearance and the ability to rotate.

Here you go!

A-wings

Blade Wing

EDIT: Improved the turret so that it can rotate while still holding a figure. File was updated too.

24848758191_3fb24b948d_c.jpg

It is a shame that lego doesn't have much of a variety of stranger colours. Maybe they should add an update to LDD which alows you to select only available parts.

Thanks for the LDD file! Maybe you could use red parts and add orange and yellow accents? The ship seemed reddish orange to me. Maybe that would make it possible to build. I was literally going to build it in LDD myself this morning until I saw your post. I may still do it and use the 75050 instructions as a base. Thank you for the idea for the second cockpit.

It's definitely more reddish-orange, but I think LEGO's red is way too bright. Orange is the closest we can get if you ask me.

Love the Awing in particular!

Im a bit curious as to whether the brick built stabilizers will hold that inward angle in real life....

Edited by Dameronian

It's definitely more reddish-orange, but I think LEGO's red is way too bright. Orange is the closest we can get if you ask me.

True. I bet that dirty orange color they use on some pieces would be perfect.

Love the Awing in particular!

Im a bit curious as to whether the brick built stabilizers will hold that inward angle in real life....

Thanks! The connection is only a signle stud, but it should hold for display purposes. There are probably ways to strengthen the connection too.

On the subject of Rebels ships... those yellow TIE fighters in the most recent episode are awesome!

Thanks for the LDD TheNerdyOne_

I am definitely going to start on these A-wings and some other Phoenix-inspired color schemes. For the Blade-wing, integrating Earth Orange plates might help tie in other colored pieces eg reds.

I haven't watched Rebels. So I can't comment on how close to the show they are.

But, I really like your A-Wing. Small, thin, the engines turned slightly inward. Perfect!

As for the B-Wing, do they call it a Blade-Wing in Rebels? It looks cool. I'm not sure I like the idea of a gunner down there. But, it does have a very WWII feel to it. The build is great, thou. Nice done!

Jamie

As for the B-Wing, do they call it a Blade-Wing in Rebels?

This is the B-Wing prototype seen in the show, called the Blade Wing. Incidentally, Blade Squadron flew B-wings and destroyed the ISD Devastator at the Battle of Endor.

These MOCs look fantastic, especially the Blade Wing. I'm hoping we eventually get it in a set, though it's doubtful it would look as good as this one. Great work!

Edited by bootz

Thanks for the comments everyone!

I updated the A-wings, using LEGO's technique in the upcoming set I gave the stabilizers a much more stable connection. The angle is more accurate too, though I think it looks a bit extreme it's exactly the angle in the actual Rebels model give or take a degree.

24419023923_5c5b70215b_c.jpg24678247219_b089dd9a50_c.jpg

On the subject of Rebels ships... those yellow TIE fighters in the most recent episode are awesome!

I think I want to do those ones next!