The gearbox will be a 4 speed type and will work exactely like this one:

And the selector at steering Wheel will be this kind of mech

buA1ja.jpg

3lyatx.jpg

Hi AlphaX,

I am a 37 year old kid returning to Lego Technic after a 25 year break... So sorry for my newbies questions. I bought a 42039 recently (the model that brought me back to this world) and I was wondering what could be the point of heaving gears behind the differential, but then I discovered that the real 911GTS has a very compact engine behind the rear axle and the gear box in front (you can see in the 2011 GT3RS seethrough). Regarding the 42039 Lego designers were very faithfull to real world technic aspects of the car (and it wasn't even a licensed product replica of a real car), so I suspect that there might be motors behind the wheels and the black plates are covering a gearbox behind the seats?

Cheers and happy speculations!

I also think that the black plates behind the seats are covering the engine compartment and the gearbox/drivetrain. Since the Boxer Engine in Porsches is quite compact indeed, there will be enough room for other stuff in there. I see a function for a adjustable Spoiler, since it's in the real one, also there are Pictures where you can see that the angle on it is different. (I compared the Box-Art image with the actual set on the Fair, the angle is different on the one seen from the images of the nuremberg fair, its almost horizontal there, while at the box art its tilted towards the car)

For the middle stick/ handbrake i think that its connected to the gearbox in the rear of the car, and the actual gearbox is not exactly benath it. I suspect that it will change the angle of the spoiler.

I think that the red switch here behind the door is for opening and locking the hood since that is roughly the position where that switch would be in a real car.

We can also see that there are some struts going from the steering to the rear of the car, thats why i think that there is a rear-steering included. (the real one has it too, quite popular in modern sports cars, as it helps in sharp turns) Tough it will not turn 1:1, the rear wheels only turn a small bit on the real one too, just to "help" it basicly.

The gearbox will be a 4 speed type and will work exactely like this one:

Great !!!

It must be so !!!

Here how it works:

@ Cypr-21: what is Your source?

You missed one (or more???) pic to share. :classic:

52803412625767102072687549488411908582481n.jpg

On this picture we can see orange 2L liftarm also on the right side behind the seat + connected linkage.

And the gear stick in the middle got probably other function than gear change. Otherwise it would stand centered in the middle because of sequential gearbox.

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

Great !!!

It must be so !!!

Here how it works:

Max

That thing looks even better and not so awkward than the one from 42056 where the section where the Steering wheel is looks somewhat ugly in my opinion.

Edited by AlphaX

If the spoiler is adjustable, it's manual. I don't see any linkages connected to the spoiler, just the supports

If the spoiler is adjustable, it's manual. I don't see any linkages connected to the spoiler, just the supports

The supports itself could be the part that "rotate"

I still think that is will be all manual controlled ... :( unless there is PF included then it can be as 8070 (doors, spoiler, hood etc..) hope not to and I want to be wrong here....

I still think that is will be all manual controlled ... :( unless there is PF included then it can be as 8070 (doors, spoiler, hood etc..) hope not to and I want to be wrong here....

Could be RC... For sequential gear change could be a servomotor used! :)

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

Some thoughts I had:

1. There's a red bushed pin in the doorwell - they normally are used (in red) to indicate which ones to pull out to remove something (battery box, body/frame separation on 9398). Might this be some sort of body-on-frame chassis? or maybe used to hold some sort of sectioned build fast to the car that is inserted from the bottom?

2. The seeming 2-position 'gear lever' in the center could be a "hi range/lo range" speed selector, if it is motorized.

Apparently lots of functions, but minimal external or or easily accessible controls, add in high price point and factor in PF2;s use of Bluetooth, this will definitely have many functions that are RC, the question now being is will the drive and steering be RC also, or are the apparent motors we are seeing just to power the other functions?

I'd like if the car was white and had black masking/camo -stickers :)

have you noticed that, on the last pictures when doors hood and trunk are openend: the central lever is engaged and on other pictures it is in neutral position while all these openable elements are closed?. Makes me think this lever control a bidirectial gearbox connected to openable doors hood and trunk....So sad....

Edited by steph77

have you noticed that, on the last pictures when doors hood and trunk are openend: the central lever is engaged and on other pictures it is in neutral position while all these openable elements are closed?. Makes me think this lever control a bidirectial gearbox connected to openable doors hood and trunk....So sad....

I really hope they don't do it that way. Making doors/hoods openable via gears is one of the features i hate the most. Its unnecessary and not creative also overused.

there are shots where only one door is opened

Maybe it was just left in that position.

What I meant was: I think they are not opened/closed by Power Functions as the doors are independend (as seen: one open, one close vs. both open) but only one lever.

However the folding mechanic at the bottom of the door has a pivot point so turning an axle here could open/close the door - if the brick would allow an axle to grip

yjUBEN8.jpg

Edited by scooper22

Something slightly off-topic: I want that Porsche, but I lust after its carbon-fibre (and lighted?) turntable :laugh:

It actually even screams "Porsche Design" (which, in this case, is a good thing).

(The CDO'er OCD'er in me will have to look past the 8 "pistons" in the turntable base while the car is actually a 6-cilinder… but I'd manage that, I suppose)

The complex door-thing is probably two-folded: have the door jump out a bit while opening so that it doesn't clash with the bodywork (just like on the real thing), ~and~ provide a simple locking-in-place mechanism so that the doors don't open themselves when the car is picked up. Of course, you'd pummel to death with a Megablocks hammer the person who'd do such a thing, but I digress...

Edited by JimDude

What I meant was: I think they are not opened/closed by Power Functions as the doors are independend (as seen: one open, one close vs. both open) but only one lever.

However the folding mechanic at the bottom of the door has a pivot point so turning an axle here could open/close the door - if the brick would allow an axle to grip

yjUBEN8.jpg

I think too that the doors are not operated by PF. What is good because that is not necessary. The mechanism at the bottom is used just as opening door limiter to prevent doors to be opened to much...

Max

Porche sure looks reall beautiful, but I think that if I get it, Ill leave the stickers away, all that white with black lines doesn't look that good.

New trims sure are neat edition to Technic pieces. Sets like these sure look like real cars now, where as old Technics were merely sceletons :tongue:

I'm just spit balling here; but it looks like the red changeover catch might be used to pop the door partly open. If you look closely there is a nob gear right behind it. And when the door closes the 3L lift arm should become flush with said catch. And the reason for using the catch instead of a 1x2 with axle and pin hole is beyond me.

I really hope that the doors, hood and trunk are not RC, i still would prefer a non rc supercar with lots of cool mechanisms and features,

but i think however that it will be rc drive-steering-gearbox setup.

Also i think: working steering wheel

paddles on the tree as gearbox indicators (maybe selector between seats as well)

basic suspension

doors and hood with lock

maybe working lights

maybe if not for gearbox 4wd/rwd OR 4wheel steering/front wheel steering with the selector between the seats

6 cyl boxer engine replica

Part below 2x4 liftarm looks like

lego-black-technic-cross-block-1-x-3-axle-pin-pin-42003-30-661602-38.jpg

fixed by 2 black pins. I don't know what else it can be. So, if liftarm is fixed with black pin it should be

lego-black-axle-2m-with-pin-with-friction-18651-27-187507-38.jpg

And in this case it's just to add friction, so heavy door will not open without some force applied. Just my thoughts...

If you are right about how the sequential gearbox will work, I wonder how they will solve the rotation to gear switching mechanism (after working on a sequential gearbox for weeks, the hard part turned out to be that mechanism, not the sequencing mechanism). Will they solve it with 2L smooth connector with the old clutch part (I thought that it's hardly legal) or will they have new clutch parts?

EDIT: the mechanism to the door seems to be only for adding some friction, as Victor says.

EDIT2: the red changeover clutch is there for only letting the yellow knob wheel to rotate in one direction. So it's a part of the paddle shifting mechanism. I believe there's a simple 2L rubber piece (++ holes) on the bottom of the tan 4L axle with middle stop.

The paddle seems to pull the yellow knob gear (a beam fades into the mechanism).

Will make a pic soon.

2016_tlg_porsche.jpg

Edited by Lipko

If I were a spectator at this toy show, the first thing that I would have pointed out to whomever was demonstrating there was that the steering wheel is on upside down.. What is it with Lego and putting the steering wheel on upside down..?

Even in the offical pictures and boxart for the creator Ferrari the steering wheel is on upside down..

KbbeXZq.jpg

If you are right about how the sequential gearbox will work, I wonder how they will solve the rotation to gear switching mechanism (after working on a sequential gearbox for weeks, the hard part turned out to be that mechanism, not the sequencing mechanism). Will they solve it with 2L smooth connector with the old clutch part (I thought that it's hardly legal) or will they have new clutch parts?

I was wondering the same thing because the new driving rings take an extra bit of force to engage and disengage and now you would be working 2 at the same time off of one lever..

Edited by Paul Boratko