BaronSat

[MOC] Emperor's Throne Room in Kenner Micro Collection style.

Hello,

Here's my new model : the Emperor's Throne Room. Like my previous Death Star models http://www.eurobrick...er +death +star

it is build from the very old school Kenner Micro Collection line. Sadly, this toy was never produced, so I did my best to build it from the few pictures (3 photos and 1 pre-prod drawing) that you can find on the web.

I just post one photo for now but can add more if you people request. I will also post on my website and my flickr. Of course the smartass will use the link to find my folder and see the other photos :wink:

There maybe much to say on this model, like the breakable catwalk and the rotating antenna so I'll let you do.

EMPEROR-THRONE-ROOM-00-small.jpg

More pics.

EMPEROR-THRONE-ROOM-01-small.jpg

EMPEROR-THRONE-ROOM-03-small.jpg

Edited by BaronSat

I just post one photo for now but can add more if you people request. I will also post on my website and my flickr. Of course the smartass will use the link to find my folder and see the other photos :wink:

I took that as a challenge! :wink:

Another highly impressive MOC BaronSat, and it's crammed with so many details. I particularly like the design of the viewing ports, the lift and gantry and the greebling on the reverse of it. Do you know how many parts it is in total? Looking at it, most of them seem to be relatively common so I assume it wouldn't be that expensive to Bricklink?

So cool. i really like the basement and the two unsuspecting stormtrooper

Thanks. You know the stormtrooper, they are probably talking about the new speeder model :laugh:

Very cool idea and model! I especially like that window!

Thanks. You should check my flickr to have a better view of the windows and yes I like them too :wink:

Wow, really captures the feel of the scene and is pretty accurate.

Thanks. That was easy, the prototype is really a good scene.

I took that as a challenge! :wink:

Another highly impressive MOC BaronSat, and it's crammed with so many details. I particularly like the design of the viewing ports, the lift and gantry and the greebling on the reverse of it. Do you know how many parts it is in total? Looking at it, most of them seem to be relatively common so I assume it wouldn't be that expensive to Bricklink?

Yes, I trust you :wink:

Thanks. It's always nice to see how Lego parts go well with the Star Wars look from this era. I haven't started to modelize for now so no idea of parts count but as it's heavy, with all the greebble, there will probably more than 1500. You are right, I always try to use parts that are not too rare or expensive and it's the case for 99% of them so the BL prices should be correct.

I'll come back to communicate about instructions and partslist in a few weeks, I think.

Edited by BaronSat

I like it. Good capture of SW atmosphere, pleasant to eye. Good job!

I always try to use parts that are not too rare or expensive

I do the same :) It is another fun challenge during building to avoid super expansive bricks and keep build interesting :)

Looked at the original, and it is spot on. I love how you did the windows, I like the concept of the pit for the emperor to fall through too, LEGO's did not appeal to me at all, it was too crammed. I noticed you added the circular blue chairs?( that his henchmen sit in, or something rather). I think they're too big for the rest of the model and need to be scaled down, it would open room for more fighting. as well as the railings, which are awesomely built btw.

This is the best rendition of the throne room I've ever seen. But Smithy500 is right the blue thingys on either side are too big.

What a great idea and design; looks fantastic. And your previous Death Star one is brilliant. What I would have given to have that as a kid (or even now). Really neat.

I like it. Good capture of SW atmosphere, pleasant to eye. Good job!

I do the same :) It is another fun challenge during building to avoid super expansive bricks and keep build interesting :)

Thanks. Yes, as you say it's a funny challenge and I also want people to save money when they buy parts for my instructions.

Such an awesome representation of the scene, well done! I'd like to see more of these. :sweet:

Thanks. Yes old school style still have some good things to offer... and I'm not talking about me... old but not obsolete. :grin:

Very nice creation! I like the rotating antenna.

Thanks. As seen on the prototype, simple but funny to operate.

Looked at the original, and it is spot on. I love how you did the windows, I like the concept of the pit for the emperor to fall through too, LEGO's did not appeal to me at all, it was too crammed. I noticed you added the circular blue chairs?( that his henchmen sit in, or something rather). I think they're too big for the rest of the model and need to be scaled down, it would open room for more fighting. as well as the railings, which are awesomely built btw.

Thanks. The circular thingies/consoles used here are the third models, I reduced their size twice and this is the smallest I can get keeping room inside for a minifig contrary to what TLC did. But as they don't appear on the prototype they can be removed. That can be the builder choice.

Now if I have a good idea for a smaller console that can hod a minfig I will of course change that.

This is the best rendition of the throne room I've ever seen. But Smithy500 is right the blue thingys on either side are too big.

Thanks. See answer below :wink:

I'd love to see this joined up with your previous Death Star sections just like the original sets did. I just loved those sets back in the eighties...

Me too but I currently don't have all the parts to build the 3 models at the same time. I'm storing but it will take weeks before I can proceed. In the meanwhile and after modelization, I'll will display them virtually, just to see. Pleased to meet another Micro Collection enthusiast, there are other models I hope to build in bricks.

Really cool idea. I like it!

I'd like to see more of this type of Moc.

Thanks. Me too. :sweet:

What a great idea and design; looks fantastic. And your previous Death Star one is brilliant. What I would have given to have that as a kid (or even now). Really neat.

Thanks. That' the reason why most of us build their own models, the toys we wanted as kids... or teenagers... or last week... anyway we want them.

Edited by BaronSat

There are other models I hope to build in bricks.

Fingers crossed that when your Death Star MOCs are finished, you'll turn your attention to the Bespin sets!

Fingers crossed that when your Death Star MOCs are finished, you'll turn your attention to the Bespin sets!

Yes, you guess right :classic:

All yours moc's are amazing I love how you have detail both on the interior and the outside I am going to be making a Starkiller base based of of your models :laugh:

@baronsat,

Beautiful moc!

Are you planning on making instructions/partlist for this available on your website?!

Would love to purchase and start blinking/building this :)