Hello all!

A few days ago I've bought Nexo Knights 70317 set. And there are 64 track rubbers in it. I've made an off-road test of these very useful parts. So what do you think about these parts? I have a doubts about the endurance but these rubbers work very good!

Thanks for taking the time to do the test and record the video. I'm really glad the rubbers work good, will sure come in handy.

Very cool! I love these, they will be very useful for tracked vehicles, especially outdoor. I wonder how much will they cost on BL...

Good test video.

If you fit a rear skid unit as on the Renault FT-17 tank from WW1 allowing it to cross trenches without toppling backwards it will climb even higher obstacles.

nice parts

BTW:

EV3 and expansion kit has also some number of rubbers for tracks :)

(expansion kit - 45560 - 28 pcs)

$_1.JPG

nice parts

BTW:

EV3 and expansion kit has also some number of rubbers for tracks :)

(expansion kit - 45560 - 28 pcs)

$_1.JPG

yes, but those are less discreet than the new rubbers that they're talking about. these would be better for tanks and stuff.

yes,they will be very useful for tracked vehicles, especially outdoor. I wonder how much will they cost on BL...59.gif

Edited by skynjip

Thank you for sharing.

I do not find the reference of this rubber on Lego shop, can you give it to us please ?

Unfortunately, the 14149 of the set 45560 is really expensive.

Cool video! these studs will indeed make a big difference for tank builder!

I wonder what kind of effect putting two studs on each track link would have, but given that these studs only appear in the fortrex right now, prices will probably be a little bit too crazy to do something like that for any reasonably sized track

Here's to hoping lego put these in enough sets that BL prices end up being reasonable for these things.

Hi all,

Has anyone tried making rubber tracks like these that Mahjqa used on his Stilzkin Igniz offroad vehicle.

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=49319

https://www.flickr.c...157623237088786

I think these rubber axle pieces as tracks would make an excellent tank, thinking something like a ripsaw. I would be really interested to see if anyone else has done anything like this recently as this was created over 5 years ago. I think this is a very cool idea for rubber tracks and is by so far the best that I have seen.

(Plus I think Mahjqa's Igniz is a great design :classic: )

igniz03.jpgigniz02.jpg

Very cool! I love these, they will be very useful for tracked vehicles, especially outdoor. I wonder how much will they cost on BL...

From my experience you need to decrease traction between ground and tracks for tracked vehicles. Increased traction eats away too much motor power to the point where the vehicle even struggles to make a turn. This kills off ability for a model to turn around on it's own axis (

) assuming the model is in the 3-5 kg weight class.

Either way I prefer performance on even terrain over steep climbing abilities like demonstrated in the video above. Few thoughts from my point of view.

Edited by sonar

Has anyone tried making rubber tracks like these that Mahjqa used on his Stilzkin Igniz offroad vehicle.

I know this stuff, but it's too expensive for the size of my tank.

Today, I study non Lego solutions. I advance a bit by eliminating solutions ...

It is true that my goal is to climb stairs, not to make a copy of a battle tank.

My tank is 1m long. Of course, I will present it here when it's finished.

I know this stuff, but it's too expensive for the size of my tank.

Today, I study non Lego solutions. I advance a bit by eliminating solutions ...

It is true that my goal is to climb stairs, not to make a copy of a battle tank.

My tank is 1m long. Of course, I will present it here when it's finished.

It would be good to have rubber tracks to be able to create something like this

avatar-alt-view-1.jpgcity05-01.jpg

I want lots of rubber studs :grin:

Maybe you shouldn't say that on a public forum. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

These will be great on hardwood floors! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

From my experience you need to decrease traction between ground and tracks for tracked vehicles. Increased traction eats away too much motor power to the point where the vehicle even struggles to make a turn. This kills off ability for a model to turn around on it's own axis (
) assuming the model is in the 3-5 kg weight class.
Without proper grip turn around on it's own axis is almost the only thing tracked LEGO MOC will be able to do.

Thanks for rubber track link, but I think the Lego rubber tracks are all really still to small.

I wanted something that would be big enough to make tracks, similar in size to Sariels XL Ripsaw tracks.

I can only find the small Lego rubber tracks. You mentioned in your post you were looking for alternative rubber track solutions, anything yet that yo are able to share here :-)

I wonder what is the part ID of these rubber pieces? Should be listed on the back of BI.

I wonder what is the part ID of these rubber pieces? Should be listed on the back of BI.

desert752 do you have in your collection for example 42028 or 42038 and if so could you test how the tracks work on non-motor set ? I have 42028 that my 3 year son plays most and the smooth surfice kills all play....

thanks for sharing by the way !