8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

Luckily it is new :wub:

"Mike S" pictures show the friends one with the stupid doll eyes :wacko:

Yes I used the friends penguin because at least the eyes looked alive. The eye printing on the CMF penguin may have been misprinted as it looked more like a lifeless stuffed animal and I don't like the stud on the back. As all Lego minifigs are cartoonish, I do not think the friends penguins contrast as much as some of the other friend's animals.

28346860041_aecbe21aa3_c.jpg28346860231_bf2ac9b407_c.jpg28346860311_fdebaab38c_c.jpg

Love the Devil modifications. As someone who's hoping to do something similar, what figure(s) did you get the head, torso and legs from?

Edit - Would I be right in thinking the torso and legs come from a Nexo Knight Lava minion?

Edited by pawcanada

Love the Devil modifications. As someone who's hoping to do something similar, what figure(s) did you get the head, torso and legs from?

Edit - Would I be right in thinking the torso and legs come from a Nexo Knight Lava minion?

Yes, you are correct. The head comes from set 3837: Monster 4.

Edit: Btw, you can get both the torso and legs in set 853516 Monsters army building pack.

Edited by Mike S

Edit: Btw, you can get both the torso and legs in set 853516 Monsters army building pack.

Thanks for clarifying. I found a few cheap versions of 3837 on eBay so I may grab one of them, or see if I can get the head alone. I did also get 853516, so I may need to grab another one as I'd like to leave the ones I already have intact.

I'm sorely tempted to call up the local TrU and ask them to run the SKU, but I just know they'll be "Dwaaaah, Wuts dat?". I suspect things will go as usual: Between HEB and Wal-Mart I'll get my fill long before my tits-on-a-bull TrU stocks the damn things. :angry:

I was able to talk my local TRU into selling me 4 (they wouldn't let me buy more) after fishing them out of the back. They said there's a street date of September 1st, so they wouldn't be putting them out until then. They walked the box back into the stock room after I bought mine. I don't know why they insist on making this so difficult.

One nice bonus I wasn't expecting is the excellent printing on the rogue's back, underneath his quiver. It's a magnificent fig. There's a nicely designed half-moon belt buckle too.

I'm sorely tempted to call up the local TrU and ask them to run the SKU, but I just know they'll be "Dwaaaah, Wuts dat?". I suspect things will go as usual: Between HEB and Wal-Mart I'll get my fill long before my tits-on-a-bull TrU stocks the damn things. :angry:

TRU was able to locate them in the back based on the lego number: 71013

*Sees the picture of the Wildlife Photographer*

-Oh hey that looks good.

*Sees the picture of the devil*

-JESUS GOD ALMIGHTY

Ha, that is almost EXACTLY what my thoughts were as well :laugh:

Luckily it is new :wub:

"Mike S" pictures show the friends one with the stupid doll eyes :wacko:

Hey, what-the-what? You're right! That seems like an exceedingly odd inclusion in those pictures, but hey, whatevs!

I have a very similar idea for building a devil figure using just the wings and tail from the Imp. I'll be using the same torso also, I believe, but with a faaaar different head. That one's expression is just.....not what I'm looking for :wink: I'm also planning to use the Faun's legs and the red-colored Gargoyle headpiece from the new Ghostbusters set (with the printing removed). The Imp's helmet just looks too cartoony and helmet-ish for my tastes.

Unfortunately, my LEGO Store's truck was a day late, so they should be there tomorrow instead. That was a three-minute drive wasted :tongue:

I'm sorely tempted to call up the local TrU and ask them to run the SKU, but I just know they'll be "Dwaaaah, Wuts dat?".

I called mine and they knew that and told me they didn't have the 'Lego Minifigures'

I'm sure they'll know. If not ask them for Item # 510414

I have a very similar idea for building a devil figure using just the wings and tail from the Imp. I'll be using the same torso also, I believe, but with a faaaar different head. That one's expression is just.....not what I'm looking for :wink: I'm also planning to use the Faun's legs and the red-colored Gargoyle headpiece from the new Ghostbusters set (with the printing removed). The Imp's helmet just looks too cartoony and helmet-ish for my tastes.

I thought about using the red gargoyle headpiece as well but since I don't have it, I stuck with the CMF headpiece. As far as the expression, I don't know why, but I thought it was quite humorous that the tongue is sticking out like in the kid costume version.....

At first I didn't like the Snow Queen's simple printing, but it makes her look like a vintage figure, which is sort of nice.

I'm not a huge fan of the Spooky Boy's modern, edgy look. I will get him, but I agree that he should have matched the Spooky Girl a little better.

Is that a lip piercing or a tooth?

Edited by 8BrickMario

At first I didn't like the Snow Queen's simple printing, but it makes her look like a vintage figure, which is sort of nice.

I'm not a huge fan of the Spooky Boy's modern, edgy look. I will get him, but I agree that he should have matched the Spooky Girl a little better.

Is that a lip piercing or a tooth?

Tooth.

Yes I used the friends penguin because at least the eyes looked alive. The eye printing on the CMF penguin may have been misprinted as it looked more like a lifeless stuffed animal and I don't like the stud on the back. As all Lego minifigs are cartoonish, I do not think the friends penguins contrast as much as some of the other friend's animals.

Hope you do not feel that I was criticizing your use of the friends mould. You clearly said in the text that you made some modifications, so I was just trying to clear up a misunderstanding :classic:

The eyes on the CMF penguin I have seen look ok, similar to minifigeyes. The friends animals have the same eyes as the minidolls and look very unrealistic to me..

I agree with you that the body shape of the friends penguin is one of the better friends animals, since they are naturally round in shape :classic:

Rather odd they put a stud on it (have not seen a picture of it from the back yet myself), they usually do not do that on so small animals *oh2*

So they probably have a plan with it in future sets, maybe to use it as minions for the penguin in batman?? That would make it easier for us to get a flock of them at least :thumbup:

I think just TRU and Target so far. It may just be regional, but for me, Walmart has the most inconsistent timing and stocking of any of the other retailers.

With that in mind, I wonder if this series will hit Walgreens.

Edit: and it's definitely time for a Whitefang review. :classic:

Edited by SirBlake

I think just TRU and Target so far. It may just be regional, but for me, Walmart has the most inconsistent timing and stocking of any of the other retailers.

With that in mind, I wonder if this series will hit Walgreens.

Edit: and it's definitely time for a Whitefang review. :classic:

Wait, there's been Target spottings? *oh2*

Edited by just2good

Wait, there's been Target spottings? *oh2*

I thought so, but don't hold me to that. I could totally be wrong on that one. :blush:

I thought so, but don't hold me to that. I could totally be wrong on that one. :blush:

I think you're right. I saw a post where they said they got some from a Target in Arizona..? I think.

I'm pretty sure Target will have them if you give them a call / go in store, give them the DPCI (which is still 204-00-1379) and show them a picture of the packet.

I was able to grab a full set at TRU yesterday, after convincing them to scan it (despite the Sept 1 marking on the box), and showing them the Megathread on Reddit that mentions other TRUs selling them. They were cool with all of that.

Question - I have a female friend going on a hiking trip in a couple of weeks. I wanted to send her off with a female version of the Hiker. Looking for suggestions on hair. Anything with a ponytail (which would be perfect for her), is too big to fit with the backpack. I've already subbed the head with the female boxer.

I was able to grab a full set at TRU yesterday, after convincing them to scan it (despite the Sept 1 marking on the box), and showing them the Megathread on Reddit that mentions other TRUs selling them. They were cool with all of that.

Question - I have a female friend going on a hiking trip in a couple of weeks. I wanted to send her off with a female version of the Hiker. Looking for suggestions on hair. Anything with a ponytail (which would be perfect for her), is too big to fit with the backpack. I've already subbed the head with the female boxer.

Friends visor but it's got a ponytail. Seems perfect, though! Maybe she can have the Spy backpack instead -

s-l400.jpg

Edited by CM4Sci

Picked up the spy at a LEGO store yesterday. One of the employees said people keep calling the babysitter the "teen mom"...

Anyway, here's some pictures/comparisons/mashups of the spy and previous Dash minifigures:

http://imgur.com/a/spyzh

Some smaller cropped highlights:

882MVpk.png

wwr3hzk.png

J4dcs9h.png

On4gS5B.png

OeFwRz0.png

RDhc7EA.png

Picked up the spy at a LEGO store yesterday. One of the employees said people keep calling the babysitter the "teen mom"...

Anyway, here's some pictures/comparisons/mashups of the spy and previous Dash minifigures:

http://imgur.com/a/spyzh

Some smaller cropped highlights:

Thank you! I've been wanting to see a comparison between them. Also, a great look at the spy's head.