8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

Hmmm. While they all look pretty good, I don't feel like I have to own any of them except personally, with the exception of the Mariachi player (of which I will need at least three). And maybe the wildlife photog, but that's just for the penguin.

I might pick up the imp, cyborg, Arabian Knight, pirate, and spy, but at the same time I feel like I wouldn't be missing out if I never did.

I want to like the rogue, but I really dislike the hood, and I can't see the torso print well enough to judge.

This all might change when I see better pictures, but for now, I think my wallet can rest a little easier.

Anyone else really like how it's like a bright neon yellow instead of an orange-ish one? It really appeals to me for some reason. :tongue:

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Edited by Stash2Sixx
NO GIFs! Thanks.

Someone has mentioned this, but the Ice Queen has pieces that encapsulate her hands and connect to the elemental blades. I must admit, it really shows off her icy technique very impressively, making it so you don't always have to use the blades, like during times she's controlling ice and snow that's already been created.

I think the Rogue's left arm is dual-colored... as if the brown part on his torso went over his shoulder. The hand on that arm is also yellow. Not sure I like the asymmetry, but I'll have to get a better look to give a real critique. However, it does emulate real-life archers, who have a glove on the arrow hand and a wristguard on the bow hand (though I don't think they've ever printed on the underside of the arms, so not sure if there's wristguard printing)

The Spy also looks to have a neck attachment... for something. It's too flat against his back to tell what it is. A jetpack maybe?? black version of the Skydiver backpack?

Wow some of these look really good! :laugh:

Wonder if the glasses will come off the Spy cause I want 100s of that hairpiece :tongue:

For me, most of the figures that were shown on the bag already have turned out to be more awesome, especially the Ice Queen and Imp. They have some great accessories (i.e. black trident, cool capes)! Nice surprises are the Hiker and the Spy, but I have to see better images for my final opinion. Anyway, this is a very solid series! :sweet:

Edit: Quite some repeating motifs in this series:

5 figs are black for the most part

3 figs wear a costume

3 figs for cold environments

2 penguins

Edited by Exetrius

No because the image I posted has been removed (plus I asked BobDQ) so I won't be posting the other ones or linking to them. Leaks leaks leaks!

Didn't someone say the Secret Agent was a James Bond-like character? Because it doesn't look like James Bond. It totally looks like Ethan Hunt

Ethanhunt.jpg

I love them all :grin:

Me too!

I'm clapping!

I'm clapping to the screen like an idiot!

Oh I see. Yeah, it looks like it

Also, the Dog Show Judge has the first place medal on his chest. Why? Isn't that supposed to be for the dog? Did he judge himself? :wacko:

He could actually be a contestant. The bone in the pocket feels like it's a treat for his dog when it walks or poses properly during judging...

Edited by telaruhn

He could actually be a contestant. The bone in the pocket feels like it's a treat for his dog when it walks or poses properly during judging...

That's what I was thinking, definitely got to be a contestant.

Actual pic of the Banana Suit Guy over on Brickset. Looks like they're in production now.

Edited by K_Tiger

This has to be one of the biggest leaks in LEGO history

Someone got a whole box of these?????

I hope "Getting Fired Guy" will post more pics of the actual minifigures

What color is that Hiker's backpack?

Also, I sure hope the goggle attachment point of the Spy's hair accommodates plenty of other accessories, too.

What color is that Hiker's backpack?

Also, I sure hope the goggle attachment point of the Spy's hair accommodates plenty of other accessories, too.

It's the normal blue, but it looks like it has some printing on it.

I'm a bit underwhelmed by this series to be honest. The figures are all alright, but there isn't a single one that pop out like the previous series, maybe it's due to a lack of mythology figures.

Here are my thoughts on the figures:

Ice Queen - overall a decent figure

Arabian Knight - average and lacklustre

Cyborg - has so much potential, but looks really boring. They could've gone with a freakish cyborg's arm and leg and that body armour piece is so overused.

Devil costumed boy - One of the better fig, but don't like the face expression. Hope he has two face expressions and that trident is too big in my opinion.

Spooky boy - I really like the spooky girl with her blank expression and pale face.. spooky boy.. not so much. There is nothing spooky about him and what is with the sad face?? Is he scared of the scary tales he is reading?

Hiker - this is what I call a filler minifigure, but overall not bad. I like the backpack. Nothing special though..

Wildlife Photographer - While the penguin is a nice addition to the collection, the figure itself is just...very average.

Female Boxer - A pretty cool figure, but really not necessary to have.

Scallywag pirate - He is pretty ugly I guess, don't like the stripy green pant but do like the tattoo on the arm.

Penguin suit boy - While I would've preferred normal leg to shorter one, I think this one is executed quite well. Love the skates. Not a big fan of the facial expression on this one as well.

Archer/Assassin creed guy - He's ok I guess.

Dog show judge/contestant - Love the dog! is that a new hair piece?

Mariachi player - This fig is one of the better executed figure in my opinion, might need three. Finally a guitar!

Spy - This is my favourite fig in the whole series - never expect that. I like the hair and goggle combination. I wonder if it is one or two pieces.

Banana guy - He would be perfect if he wasn't wearing a sunny (guess we can swap his head) and that print, is it really necessary?? I would still get one or two though..

Baby sitter - Beside the baby, which you can also get in 'fun in the park' set, I'd say it is pretty average as well.

Perhaps I'm being too critical but I guess my expectation of minifigures have risen seeing that each series is better than the previous. This one is bit of a let down. Not much new moulds (I guess they've have spent it on the Disney minifigures), the colour scheme is similar across all the figures. What they have mostly done in this series is re-use old parts and recolor and reprint.

The new part count is on par with previous series, at fourteen or fifteen:

Ice Queen's crown and cape

Imp's horn-cap and tail

Hiker's backpack

Wildlife Photographer's penguin

Scalawag Pirate's bandana

Penguin Suit Guy's mask

Rogue's hood

Dog Show Contestant's hair and dog

Serenader's guitar

Spy's hair and googles (if it's two separate parts, which I think it is)

Banana Man's costume

I also like to give the benefit of the doubt to pieces that were recently released, like the Ice Queen's hand-orbs and the Babysitter's baby (which is two parts with the head + body), bringing the total new part count to eighteen, should you choose to include those. As usual, around 30% of the figures don't have a new part, and potentially four of them have two new parts. This time around, it's the Arabian Knight, Cyborg, Spooky Boy, Kickboxer Girl, and the Babysitter (if you don't consider her baby as new) that are made up entirely of existing pieces.

Edited by telaruhn

In complete awe right now *oh2*

Ice Queen - My favorite. Very impressive. Too bad they didn't use the new queens dress.

Hiker - Umm, WOW! A new favorite of mine. Didn't expect him to look like that at all. I knew they'd give him a compass. New backpack mold :grin_wub:

Spooky Boy - Cool, but another missed chance to use the new book piece from Nexo Knights.

Explorer - Love him & the penguin.

Dog Show Contestant or Judge - Really nice new dog mold, a must have for me.

Arabian Knight. i didn't think he'd be topless, but I like the minifigure.

Spy - Love that new hair mold.

Penguin Suit Boy - Too cute, and he has ice skates on :grin:

Boxer Girl. Hmm, I thought someone said we'd be surprised by her.

Great series I love them all, but I have my favorites. Can't wait to get them soon. :wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

Ooh. The ones I like, I really like, but the others are meh for me. Green rogue is great. :sweet:

EDIT: I'm totally combining the legs of the rogue and the torso, head and hat of the Arabian knight.

Edited by Mr Greeble

Tazakk/Pereki pointed out that the secret agent bears a very strong resemblance to Dash, the main character (or most featured character) from LEGO Alpha Team:

RbwzC5A.jpg

The basic designs of the leg and torso printing are nearly identical (the only real change in the printing design is the new agent has a zipper in the middle instead of buttons, though of course the whole thing has been re-drawn), and while the hair is a new mold it's the same color and a very similar style. I wonder what the logo on the torso and face printing are like, and what his bio will say?

Edited by jamesster