Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I'm not sure if you are serious but a non-spherical Death Star...really? We've already seen the "icy" reception the 'modular' Hoth UCS set has received. The last Death Star was one of TLGs best sellers, I wouldn't expect them to deviate too much from a winning formula.

yes i was serious. how about something like the old kenner death star playset? you can hardly do anything with the current death star rooms, theyre so small.

either way, i am not expecting much to be honest. xertainly nothing that comes close to the old death star in terms of size, figures etc.

those days are long gone, especially for 400 euros.

Regardless of what the new Death Star turns out to be, I think the price and minifigure count will be the biggest surprise to me. The 10188 had so many minifigures, that I think a new DS will be hard pressed to come close and still provide something new, since we've been getting some good main character revisits over the past couple years.

Is there any idea about when we might get information on the DS? Is it usually a month or so before release?

Here's a look at the Kanan's Speeder set! Apparently it's a Target exclusive in the US. :look:

*snip*

I'm sure it will be available at the LEGO Store too since it's on the LEGO website.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

I'm sure it will be available at the LEGO Store too since it's on the LEGO website.

He's aware of that. He's just stating that you could not get it anywhere else besides target (comparing to Walmart and toysrus).

He's aware of that. He's just stating that you could not get it anywhere else besides target (comparing to Walmart and toysrus).

Oh yeah, duh. :blush:

Though Kanan's Speeder Bike isn't that notable of a build, it is notable as one of the few retailer exclusives that isn't egregiously overpriced. (One of the few Licensed sets that isn't egregiously overpriced, too.)

Kanan's speeder is the best smaller set out of 5 released this year( Carbon Freezing Chamber, Attack on Hoth, Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor, Droid Escape Pod). It has great minifigure selection, a cheap way to get Kanan, and more importantly 4 spare medium blaster!!! Since Battlepacks don't include regular blasters anymore I think it's the best thing about Kanan's Speeder set! The worst thing for me is that this set is retail exclusive. Retail exclusive sets aren't available to buy where I live unfortunately. I kinda wish Obi-Wan's interceptor set was retail exclusive since it's pretty bad compared to Kanan's Speeder, and personally I think Kanan's set would have been a best seller set if it was wide release set.

In all reality I keep updating the Death Star minifigs and keep he original ones in the box. That set is still perfect and could do a facelift, I hope is expensive as it can be for more playability, I could see them updating the meeting room, the docking back which is perfect for micro fighters, level 5 detention cell could do a facelift, but I blended in the final duel and the Death Star gunner into the 10188 set, so we will see how it goes, overall I don't know how they could out do it and would be interesting to see how it's topped off

wish they gave us a modular death star released in different installments. just think about how amazing it would be. it needn't be spherical either.

If you are interested in a modular, non-spherical death star build, I recommend you check out BaronSat's death star MOCs. I am pretty sure they are modular, and you can buy the instructions for them if you want to build them.

Kanan's speeder is the best smaller set out of 5 released this year( Carbon Freezing Chamber, Attack on Hoth, Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor, Droid Escape Pod). It has great minifigure selection, a cheap way to get Kanan, and more importantly 4 spare medium blaster!!! Since Battlepacks don't include regular blasters anymore I think it's the best thing about Kanan's Speeder set! The worst thing for me is that this set is retail exclusive. Retail exclusive sets aren't available to buy where I live unfortunately. I kinda wish Obi-Wan's interceptor set was retail exclusive since it's pretty bad compared to Kanan's Speeder, and personally I think Kanan's set would have been a best seller set if it was wide release set.

I completely agree. The only reason I will not be buying the set is because I am not too interested in the speeder bike, and I am not in any hurry to get a kanan minifigure, because I am planning on buying the ghost.

yes i was serious. how about something like the old kenner death star playset? you can hardly do anything with the current death star rooms, theyre so small.

either way, i am not expecting much to be honest. xertainly nothing that comes close to the old death star in terms of size, figures etc.

those days are long gone, especially for 400 euros.

Then it wouldn't be a Lego UCS Death Star, it would be a collection of Death Star themed playsets. The current Death Star Final Duel is a stand alone set and suggests it's highly unlikely they will go down the modular pathway, as cool as that may be. Personally I would love a UCS Death Star hangar but that ain't going to happen due to sheer scale.

I'm probably in the minority here but I would love just a normal UCS Death Star.. No play set features like the old one just a UCS display piece for my collection

That would do for me. I never got the last DS as I wasn't a fan of the play set style. Will certainly pick up the snowspeeder, and will wait to see how they do the DS.

I'm probably in the minority here but I would love just a normal UCS Death Star.. No play set features like the old one just a UCS display piece for my collection

I believe Lobot bricklinked the UCS Death Star II and said it was actually quite easy and affordable. Looks like it's basic common pieces for the vast majority of it.

Sir Von, you mentioned an AT-ST coming for the rogue one wave...how possible is it that another walker may be included in that wave? I ask because I saw a leaked trailer and it may add up as to why they retired the recent AT-AT

Sir Von, you mentioned an AT-ST coming for the rogue one wave...how possible is it that another walker may be included in that wave? I ask because I saw a leaked trailer and it may add up as to why they retired the recent AT-AT

I think I know what you're referring to, and I do hope we get one. Although I think they retired the AT-AT along with all the other 2014 sets like the ISD, Cantina etc.

Wait is there a new leaked trailer? I've seen the leaked teaser and I don't recall any new walkers.

Wait is there a new leaked trailer? I've seen the leaked teaser and I don't recall any new walkers.

I think there's a 'new' iffy clip seemingly filmed from a screen with time clock etc and it shows two walkers and a single TIE almost in silhouette although it shows the Rogue One logo with 'Anthology' under it which is apparently an older name... but it still checks out. ;)

Whether the clip is real or fan generated I'm not entirely sure.

I think there's a 'new' iffy clip seemingly filmed from a screen with time clock etc and it shows two walkers and a single TIE almost in silhouette although it shows the Rogue One logo with 'Anthology' under it which is apparently an older name... but it still checks out. ;)

That clip was debunked by Pablo Hidalgo.

Seeing the twists play out is like watching an episode of Morrey. The DNA tests on the Star Wars Rogue One clip are in. Lucasfilm you are not the father.

I think I know what you're referring to, and I do hope we get one. Although I think they retired the AT-AT along with all the other 2014 sets like the ISD, Cantina etc.

It just baffles me that they would retire the at at walker knowing they'll release "Hoth assault"

It didn't look particularly convincing to me but the official trailer and this have shown very little so it was just as reference to the previous posts.

I'm not sure why someone would post it?