Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Btw I don't like lack of leg print on Jyn Erso, I mean she is the main hero and her minifigure lacks details! Hope she at least has torso print , or if she doesn't it would explain poncho.

Her actual costume is just plain black trousers and plain black boots. The only additional detail is a holster, but since the minifigure is designed to wear that poncho piece it isn't really visible.

Her actual costume is just plain black trousers and plain black boots. The only additional detail is a holster, but since the minifigure is designed to wear that poncho piece it isn't really visible.

Well Tie pilots also wear plain black trousers, but they at least have some leg print on them. My point is that Jyn is the main character and she has to be as detailed as possible!

for once these prices don't actually seem ridiculous to me. The hover tank should be sitting at £29.99 ( from the size and number of mini figures, not piece count) but everything else seems pretty good. The larger sets in particular strike me as being below TFA prices.

Also,Constraction figure images are up at hothbricks http://www.hothbricks.com/2016/08/lego-star-wars-rogue-one-visuels-officiels-disponibles/

Am I the only one who thinks that the legs of the AT-ST are too thick? I also believe that the size is huge, it must be almost as high as the AT-AT, these size issues really bother me.

Edited by Nom Carver

Am I the only one who thinks that the legs of the AT-ST are too thick? I also believe that the size is huge, it must be almost as high as the AT-AT, these size issues really bother me.

I think it's in scale with regard to height, but I agree about the leg thickness. This could be to help with stability, or perhaps a slightly different design in RO (probably the stability thing though)

All of them looked pretty awesome from the earlier leaked image that we had, but the hi-res images really helps drive home my love for these sets.

I'm incredibly happy & relieved that my predictions about the U-Wing and TIE Striker were correct; TLG did not mess up the transforming/movable wing features for either set.

This is shaping up to be one of the best waves in recent memory, possibly even more than the Force Awakens wave.

Thanks CM4Sci, that's a lot of grey and black, but I guess it goes with the territory! I'm quite impressed by the design of the AT-ST, definitely the best non-UCS version to date. It's a bit worrying that there isn't a single OT Stormtrooper in sight, but hopefully they'll make a later appearance :look:

TIE Striker is an easy pass and I will skip the AT-ST and Tank as well I think. (I'll Bricklink Chirrut and Baze later).

The U-Wing looks good but the Shuttle is the standout of this wave for me (suprisingly, as it didn't look good in the first leaked pix). The minifigs of the Shuttle are also the best, with the U-Wing figs a close second (hope a Jyn hairpiece is also included).

I will grab these OR the new Death Star (if that one turns out to be a masterpiece)

It's a bit worrying that there isn't a single OT Stormtrooper in sight, but hopefully they'll make a later appearance :look:

It seems to me that TLG wanted to focus on the things/designs/characters that were 100% new, but that's just speculation.

The distinct lack of OT Stormtroopers is a little frustrating, considering their limited availability in non-RO sets.

That said, we are [allegedly] set to receive a Battlepack with 2 Stormtroopers and 2 Deathtroopers in 2017, but I realize there's a separate topic for that.

That said, we are [allegedly] set to receive a Battlepack with 2 Stormtroopers and 2 Deathtroopers in 2017, but I realize there's a separate topic for that.

Is there any confirmed source for this info, or is it jus someone's wish list? I'm sure we'll get some OT stormies in the RO 2017 sets, but I'd like to get some more of those sweet Shoretroopers in a battlepack!

That big black spaceship looks like a cool piece of architecture one might find in a large city.

And the grey dude has a dope hat. He's now my favorite character. I know nothing about this film, but he's my favorite.

I like how the sets eventually turned out, especially the AT-ST which is my personal favorite. Good job Lego! It's a shame that it looks so childish on box art though...

Will certainly pick up all the system scale sets. Looking forward to DS leaks! :excited:

Yes! These are absolutely great. Biggest positive surprise for me is Krennic's shuttle. Great shapes, good looking landing gear and an opening hatch.

The biggest mysteries for now: the interior of Krennic's shuttle and the rear compartment of the Tie striker.

I must say, I'm not a fan of the general design of Krennic's shuttle, but TLG did a really nice job with all the angles in the set.

The thickness is fine; they just look disproportionate because they lack the depth that the 'real' ones have. The lack of leg detailing and the really fat top side of the head don't help, either.

The biggest mysteries for now: the interior of Krennic's shuttle and the rear compartment of the Tie striker.

Let's hope that Krennic's shuttle got much more attention from designers than Combat Frigate. Not sure what to expect from Tie Striker as the bubble seems to be a 1 pilot cabin this time, but maybe it will have some space for cargo though :look:

Edited by BrickShady

The Hovertank is fantastic! The AT-ST is also great but I probably won't get it. The Tie Striker is the weakest set in my opinion, the build is meh but the minifigures are great. I personally love the U-Wing, I think the blue, white, and yellow colour scheme is great! The Imperial Shuttle is also great, hoping for an amazing interior. Overall great wave.

Contrary to everyone else, I am least excited about the AT-ST.

The tank will definitely be my first purchase.

I'll be sitting this wave out until I see the movie. The designs are not exciting me enough for a day one purchase, with the exception maybe being the AT-ST, since I don't have one. Otherwise, I need a good reason for owning any of them and maybe the movie will provide that.

The AT-ST and TIE Striker are the real stand-outs of this wave. All the sets have great minifigures, but the builds on those two are phenomenal! The U-Wing is just a colorful mess, and the Hovertank and Shuttle just don't appeal to me. And those Constraction figures...not going there. I'll wait until I see the movie before making any decisions.

I really like Krennic's shuttle. And that AT-ST looks excellent. My endor collection will be getting a few additions...

A little disappointed with absence of OT stormtroopers. Especially since they aren't in loads of sets at the moment anyway.

The printed goggles on the pilot look awesome, I definitely hope we see more of those.