Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Possible Rogue One spoiler

According to a couple articles a year ago Tarkin is supposed to be in Rogue One. Disney is CGIing him like they did to the actor who played the Dude, his name eludes me, when he was the bad guy in the latest Tron.

Hopefully he has the same voice actor as the one from the rebels show because that dude is superb at doing Peter Cushing

Speaking of the regular dark tan imperial officers I dont mind them one bit. They add flavor. Seeing ze Grand Moff like that nope. But hopedully he appears in that new UCS Death Star in DkBlGy

Edited by Forresto

Possible Rogue One spoiler

According to a couple articles a year ago Tarkin is supposed to be in Rogue One. Disney is CGIing him like they did to the actor who played the Dude, his name eludes me, when he was the bad guy in the latest Tron.

Hopefully he has the same voice actor as the one from the rebels show because that dude is superb at doing Peter Cushing

Speaking of the regular dark tan imperial officers I dont mind them one bit. They add flavor. Seeing ze Grand Moff like that nope. But hopedully he appears in that new UCS Death Star in DkBlGy

That rumor is pretty strong.

The guy that played Tarkin in CW and Rebels is Steven Santon who does a lot of SW stuff, if the do CG Tarking he will most likely be the voice.

I don't understand the logic in changing colours for variants (updates, rather) of existing figures just because the uniform looks slightly dark tan-ish on the show,

even though it's the exact same uniform as he and the Imperial officers wear throughout the original trilogy. It should've been dark bluish grey, the decision to make the Imperial officer uniforms dark tan makes no sense.

To anyone familiar with the original Star Wars, Imperial officers are known to wear dark grey uniforms, and they never exactly looked dark tan to me in any of the Rebels episodes, honestly.

Yes, the tan is looking a bit unsightly on Tarkin upon further examination, but would it be OK to swap the head and put it on to a Imperial Technician included in the Battlefront Imperial BP figure? Or is that grey too light/printing of the rank too mismatched?

Just trying to think of a way the figure can be kept with the rather imposing imperial gray we are used to from the films while getting a pretty recent print that works.

Edit* (NVM, It seems that won't work at all, I just looked at my figure and noticed he has no rank printing and while his legs get a nice print they're tool pouches which would look bad on Tarkin)

Seems returnees like me who are parts poor will have to endure tan Tarkin for some time. But I want that Vader, Sabine and Pilot so bad!

Edited by Japanbuilder

That rumor is pretty strong.

The guy that played Tarkin in CW and Rebels is Steven Santon who does a lot of SW stuff, if the do CG Tarking he will most likely be the voice.

That rumor was weak! When it originally surfaced, there was a whole bit about how they were analyzing other Cushing roles to match his gait, to make sure all his proportions and mannerisms were precise, etc... Which smacked of ridiculous overkill to anyone with any rudimentary knowledge of what goes into creating CG characters. Crafting a perfect CG head might be worth the effort, tho it'll undoubtedly fall into the Uncanny Valley, but the body would either just be a body double with the head replaced, or part an entirely mo-capped character. They'd be far better off recasting than creating a Polar Express/Beowulf zombie Cushing.

Besides, Rogue One is about the theft of the plans, not necessarily about the Death Star itself, so Tarkin may not even need to be involved outside of a hologram when an Imp officer contacts Tarkin to reveal that they're under attack and/or the plans were stolen.

They should have just used Wayne Pygram again, Episode III was 11 years ago. His voice and appearance would be fine. Cushing was only in 1 movie, another "Darren" won't hurt.

They should have just used Wayne Pygram again, Episode III was 11 years ago. His voice and appearance would be fine. Cushing was only in 1 movie, another "Darren" won't hurt.

Agreed.. CGI characters just don't work, yet. Even in Episode VII, Maz Kanata stuck out like a sore thumb among the props. It would just look bad.

That rumor was weak! When it originally surfaced, there was a whole bit about how they were analyzing other Cushing roles to match his gait, to make sure all his proportions and mannerisms...

Actually it was reported on a couple of sites that have pretty strong information and a particular pod cast that has a relationship with certain animated show...

Wow - I just realized that the A Wing vs Advanced TIE will have a 50/50 gender split. Very impressive. Back when Star Wars Lego started you'd wait years to see a Padme or a Leia!

And I'm still waiting for more Padme figures! That Flash speeder would have been a great set to get her in that purple outfit she had at the end of Episode 1.

Just my two cents, but I think the CG Tarkin is totally going to happen, and I would love it if it did.

...Not another playset :(

It would be cool if it has removable plates to reveal the playset. Can be a playset and display model at the same time.

It would be cool if it has removable plates to reveal the playset. Can be a playset and display model at the same time.

I agree, but it would also end up being $500+

At $500, if they keep it on the shelf for another eight years, I'm sure it would make the costs back.

the only problem with that design I can see is what makes it great, the hinges. that would be quite a lot of weight swinging out, and there are few hinge options that might be able to support that.

the only problem with that design I can see is what makes it great, the hinges. that would be quite a lot of weight swinging out, and there are few hinge options that might be able to support that.

Yes, I agree, you'd have to think carefully about the central structure that would support both the opening sections and also the outer surfaces, but I reckon it's possible.

I think that a design similar to my quick sketch below would give the flexibility to display it's exterior but also be able to open it up and display the interior detailing of the the key movie scenes.

That would be awesome! :classic:

The only constraining factor on that (very awesome!) DS playset idea is the weight put on the hinges. However, that didn't stop TLG from putting lots of weight on the GBHQ hinges, so...

I don't think weight would be a major issue if the model's sitting on a flat surface, or if it was given support stands connected to the hinged sections. Though I would prefer something like the last Death Star playset, just with removable panels.