Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

From the catalogue pictures it is clear that set 75156 is in a larger, more square box that looks like the size of box you'd get for a UCS set, most likely the Death Star, it ties in with the movie, and is on the poster above it.

A UCS would not be in a retail catalogue.

$70 for the game and season pass? There better be more to the game that makes up for the price.

What place does a season pass have in a TT LEGO game?

I just hope lego will soon stop wasting precious set quantity on making buildable figures... of course I could be wrong here, but I don't know anybody who buys them, of course I'm sure there is one, but I'm also pretty sure that most people would prefer that they would make traditional sets instead

Not a big fan myself but hey... different strokes for different folks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :laugh:

And Lego make plenty of traditional sets!

A UCS would not be in a retail catalogue.

Well, the Ghostbusters HQ was in my Summer 2016 catalog, but still yeah, they wouldn't show one like that.

I just hope lego will soon stop wasting precious set quantity on making buildable figures... of course I could be wrong here, but I don't know anybody who buys them, of course I'm sure there is one, but I'm also pretty sure that most people would prefer that they would make traditional sets instead

I don't think there are a predetermined number of spots for sets. It seems to be an additional sub theme that just give us more sets each wave.

I kinda hope we'll see new ships...maybe a TIE Interceptor, since it's so overdue. There's a very real possibility those will be introduced into the timeline prior to ROTJ, after all, since we've already seen TIE Bombers, A-wings, and B-wings pre-ANH now.

As for the "computer" copy, remember this is a toy vendor catalog or something, not meant for public consumption. It's full of buzzwords and corporate speak that sounds ridiculously alien to normal people, but is second nature for people delivering powerpoint presentations to clients.

As an Econ and BA major going into getting an MBA, I'm aware of the language. It's just still too funny to see when talking about Lego. :classic:

The time window for new vehicles in Rogue One seems awfully short between Rebels and ANH. I would be very surprised if we get much new outside of whatever Bothans own.

Just checking, were the pictures from the catalog showing off the other, non-Rogue One, sets linked here? I haven't seen them discussed yet, but they give us a much better look at the new sets.

Edited by TheNerdyOne_

Yes! Great news about the LEGO Force Awakens game. My first thought: We'll get a glimpse of LEGO Luke Skywalker! Wouldn't that be the perfect opportunity to include Luke as a pre-order bonus?!?

I would be very surprised if we get much new outside of whatever Bothans own.

Bothans stole the plans for the SECOND Deathstar not the FIRST that will appear in Rogue One.

But I have no doubt that Lucasfilm and Disney will come up with some new stuff. Based on the set leaks we will probably be getting more X-Wings, which is not a bad thing it will enable Lego to design "new" sets instead of re releasing the original one...

Edited by large88

I love the buildable figures, it's what I always hoped they'd do ever since they released the first bionicles.

Edited by Meatcan

$70 for the game and season pass? There better be more to the game that makes up for the price.

In Australia the deluxe edition is $109 from EB games so don't feel too hard done by. It does come with both the Finn polybag and FO Star Destroyer polybag though which for people like me is enough to go "damn it, I'm in". It's hard to know at this stage what the Finn polybag will cost to acquire on bricklink etc but I'm guessing it won't be cheap.

Well, the Ghostbusters HQ was in my Summer 2016 catalog, but still yeah, they wouldn't show one like that.

Ghostbusters HQ isn't a UCS set though.

Personally I can't wait for the game. I should imagine we will see Kylo with that lightsaber in due time. Possibly the next two years or so.

MANNNN... Why couldn't they have done something more exclusive as a preorder bonus? *cough cough Luke cough* I can make a FN 2187. No he won't be sandy, but still. Why a rehash when we could've had something new?

MANNNN... Why couldn't they have done something more exclusive as a preorder bonus? *cough cough Luke cough* I can make a FN 2187. No he won't be sandy, but still. Why a rehash when we could've had something new?

Hasn't it been rumored that Luke is this year's May the Fourth promotional minifig? :sweet:

@frank_day: I don't think we'll get another retailer exclusive this year... Gaps in the set number sequences aren't unheard of :wink:

Ghostbusters HQ isn't a UCS set though.

Well, D2Cs. I also remember the Sydney Opera House being in one so yeah never mind.

Hasn't it been rumored that Luke is this year's May the Fourth promotional minifig? :sweet:

Where did this rumor come from?

I'm not sure it's a rumor. I think it's speculation and hopefulness.

I'm not sure it's a rumor. I think it's speculation and hopefulness.

My hopes rose.... and then sank right back down. Don't do that guys.

But hey. Anything is possible if you just believe.

That's why I phrased it as a question - I'm not really sure :blush: I think someone mentioned that a few weeks ago, time to go digging :grin:

Well I see you are a detective... Time to get to work. :wink:

Unfortunately (this is purely SPECULATION) depending on when the Rogue One sets are slated to come out, I could see a may 4 polybag being used to promote that...

Amazingbricks dropped a hint about Luke being the May the Fourth minifig on January 10th: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=118611&st=3975#entry2434419

The latest bits of information coming from his sources have been somewhat unreliable, but he stated he had misinterpreted some of it :wink: The rumor should thus be taken with a grain of salt I suppose :classic: