Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I'm 50 50 on this wave. All of the TFA sets and the At-TE look great, but the rest really don't appeal to me. I also wish they would have given Sabine and the Clones a little darker skin tone like they did for Kanan. The TFA sets are dafo buys for me though.

I am sooo happy that they finally made a new TIE advanced. I've also never has an A wing, so considering I usually get one or two sets per wave, this is the set I'm getting.

Does anyone know if the clone turbo tank set is based on the prequel movie or the rebels series?

Edited by TakeaBrick

According to Brickset, 75148 Encounter on Jakku will cost $80 American, 75147 Star Scavenger will cost $70 American, 75150 TIE Advanced and A-wing will cost $100 American, and 75151 Clone Turbo Tank as well as 75157 AT-TE are both $130 each. Good God.

Pretty sure Brickset is wrong about most if not all of those prices. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it until you hear it from a reliable source.

I can't say i'm thrilled by the summer lineup. That being said i'm not too upset because now I can focus on buying a bunch of the rebel and imperial battle packs whenever they manage to get sold in the US. The Jakku set sounds the most interesting out of all the upcoming proper sets.

Still waiting for a Slave Leia constraction figure...

Edited by tkatt

The set designs themselves range from alright to pretty good, but the thing that absolutely ruins it for me is the choice of color.

As others have said, the Luggabeast should definitely be using a darker shade of blue for it to look correct.

Also, I can't be the only one who thinks the LBG X-Wing looks terrible. It needs to be white. Seriously.

There's even a shot in TFA where the camera pans from a Resistance X-Wing over to the Millennium Falcon,

and you can clearly see that the X-Wing is white, whereas the Falcon is light gray. That should be reflected in the sets, as well.

I'm new here so hopefully I don't commit any sins with regard to decorum! I was wondering if the new X-wing has fixed the wing design flaw that Poe's had? I couldn't quite see in the image...

Edited by GalacticHippo

Does anyone know how much the TIE advanced will cost in Australian money?

We don't actually know its real price in most currencies.

Pretty sure Brickset is wrong about most if not all of those prices. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it until you hear it from a reliable source.

Well, but they match the information from Just2good.

According to him, the price of 75157 and 75151 is $130, the price of 75150 is $100.

And the prices of three unnamed sets listed as 75147/75148/75149 are $70, $80 and $100.

Edited by frank_day

Question, how much do the advent calendars normally go for? I feel like the one time I bought one it was 40 US dollars but I can't recall exactly.

Also I know it's too early but does anyone think they're going to release Rogue One sets later this winter? I feel like the movie doesn't have the same hype built around it as Force Awakens, so i'm curious as to how they're going to merchandise it.

I think the videos in the SW booth were not shot with hand-held cameras, but rather 'button' cameras. The angles are strange and move oddly.

I think the Tarkin fig looks weird because he's so damn thin in the show. The standard head is just not working for me.

Ugh if that Tie fighter Vs. A-wing set is $100 then it really shows that LEGO can put whatever price tag they want on a set and people would buy it. Like the most it should cost is $50-$60 USD, not $40 more. Although I guess we have to wait until toy fair to see what the prices really are.

I just saw teh reported prices in Euro for the new Star Wars sets. They are rediculously high. It's like lego decided to add 20% this year over the allready way to high prices from the movie stufffrom last year.

This way they are not gonna sell much to me, in stead of the usual 20% discount i going for 40% this year!.

Maybe the picture of the Slave I just has something to do with the upcoming Anthology film sets in general.

I don't hope so! A system-scale Slave I is one of my biggest LEGO wishes, since I missed out on all the previous versions.

The set designs themselves range from alright to pretty good, but the thing that absolutely ruins it for me is the choice of color.

As others have said, the Luggabeast should definitely be using a darker shade of blue for it to look correct.

Also, I can't be the only one who thinks the LBG X-Wing looks terrible. It needs to be white. Seriously.

There's even a shot in TFA where the camera pans from a Resistance X-Wing over to the Millennium Falcon,

and you can clearly see that the X-Wing is white, whereas the Falcon is light gray. That should be reflected in the sets, as well.

Resistance X-Wings are not THAT white though...

Edited by Kylo Ren

Terrible? The "problem" is that the "real" X-Wings Base Color might be white, but its not shiny out of the factory. Its completely covered in dirt and everything and looks more grey than white.

So Lego can decide wether they want to go for a more accurate or more realistic design and decided for the latter, which I think is the right choice. Lego White is just way too bright to mimic the used/serious/real look of the ship and Star Wars Ships in general (same story with the wing/panel color of the First Order SF Tie Fighter). Compare it to the Luggabeast, they went with a more accurate blue but it feels completely wrong, comical and way too bright because the "real" Luggabeast is heavily covered in dirt and mud.

Getting a mix/used look of different colors in Lego is pretty hard when you are not using prints or stickers.

Edited by BigEl

I just saw teh reported prices in Euro for the new Star Wars sets. They are rediculously high. It's like lego decided to add 20% this year over the allready way to high prices from the movie stufffrom last year.

This way they are not gonna sell much to me, in stead of the usual 20% discount i going for 40% this year!.

goodluck with finding a 40% discount in belgium or on amazon france. im still waiting for the prices on the xwing and tie fighter to go down a bit. refuse to buy the xwing, even for 75 euro. someone should REALLY tell the lego reps how ridiculous all this is, at one of these toy fairs.

I don't hope so! A system-scale Slave I is one of my biggest LEGO wishes, since I missed out on all the previous versions.

But the UCS one was designed to be in system scale. The image is probably just a place holder, I mean, what should be in it? It would only give away set details and pictures.

Hugely disappointed that again, (again!) the scissor split s-foils have a huge gap in between them AND overlap! But then again the set was probably finalised before all the complaints came out in September and it was probably too late to change.

But the UCS one was designed to be in system scale. The image is probably just a place holder, I mean, what should be in it? It would only give away set details and pictures.

Hugely disappointed that again, (again!) the scissor split s-foils have a huge gap in between them AND overlap! But then again the set was probably finalised before all the complaints came out in September and it was probably too late to change.

Are you talking about the UCS Slave 1? I'm also a little confused about the 'Rogue 1 Slave 1' set. :look:

I also wish they would have given Sabine and the Clones a little darker skin tone like they did for Kanan.

Other than Stass Allie and Storm, have there been any female LEGO figures "of colour" produced at all? I have yellow, white, green, blue, light flesh, but nothing in flesh, medium dark flesh, or reddish-brown beyond the two mentioned. It's good that their male minifigs are showing a bit more diversity, but they need to catch up with the female ones!

In terms of the sets, having missed all previous Turbo Tanks, that's a must-have for me - good to see the video, although the interior looks smaller than I was hoping for. The others I need to see in more detail (although I'll probably end up picking up most of them).