Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

went around the various toyshops in central brussels this morning: theyve been wiped clean of tfa lego sets. clearly demand is far outstripping supply. same goes for the belgian shop at home, and the french amazon site.

I thought i heard a while that there going to be releasing a stand alone star wars film

There's going to be 3: Rogue One (dec 2016), Han Solo (may 2018) and in 2020 a Boba Fett movie.

There's going to be 3: Rogue One (dec 2016), Han Solo (may 2018) and in 2020 a Boba Fett movie.

I hope there mercyful with eu matrial in them

Has the boba fett one been confirmed yet?

I'm guessing if we get the Turbo Tank then here is what I predict the minifigures are:

Luminara

2 Kashyyyk Troopers

1 AT RT Driver

1 Generic Clone to drive the thing

1 wookiee

Don't count on it. EU is dead for Disney.

Has the boba fett one been confirmed yet?

More or less. It's the only movie that hasn't got a director assigned.....but Kennedy said this in august:

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/08/kathleen-kennedy-pretty-much-lets-us-know-boba-fett-is-a-2020-release/

And a week ago this schedule was released....which includes Fett:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/30/star-wars-release-dates

Oh boy, just imagine how the price for the UCS Slave 1 will skyrocket until 2020 and after the Release-Date of the Boba Fett SpinOff... Time to buy those UCS Slave 1´s as long as they are avaliable for being Life-Insurance :laugh:

Oh boy, just imagine how the price for the UCS Slave 1 will skyrocket until 2020 and after the Release-Date of the Boba Fett SpinOff... Time to buy those UCS Slave 1´s as long as they are avaliable for being Life-Insurance :laugh:

Hahahahaha so very true. Stack 'em high boys!

There will probably be something unique about the ship in that film and they will release a new set based on that, much to the chagrin of all the investors. :)

There will probably be something unique about the ship in that film and they will release a new set based on that, much to the chagrin of all the investors. :)

Probably, but I am 100% sure that it will not be a UCS Minifig-scale Slave 1 again. Only 5 years after an extremely good UCS version? Doubt it.

I agree that the UCS version will probably never be updated again, so Lego will probably make a smaller, financially manageable one for the movie. Plus, as the Boba Fett movie is a prequel or origins story of sorts, Fett will probably have different printing.

This thread is for the rumors and pictures of sets for 2016 please. PLEASE!!! We can discuss EU, Games, other movies all in a different forum. Keep this one on the topic at hand.

Do you mean Legends? Or do you mean current non-movie materials? Because there is no EU anymore.

So the release date for the Droid Escape and Carbon Freezing Chamber has been pushed back to March. When in March, the 1st?

I don't think we will even see pictures of this until the summer.

Do you think there is a chance that the UCS Death Star will tie into Rogue One?

I actually never thought of that. There is a possibility it could I guess, but I don't think they would want to mix the scenes from Rogue One with scenes from the original movies. But that's just my opinion, I could be completely wrong.

Edited by Legoman123

If it is indeed a UCS set rather than a playset, I doubt it wil have any ties. But that's a very good connection I never would've thought of.

Interesting idea to combine OT Deathstar and Rogue One. I just don't see a UCS for Rogue One before TFA.

That doesn't necessarily mean the Death Star has to be Rogue One themed, per say. The Rogue One sets and Death Star could possibly be released at around the same time, just for a sort of connection.

Really interesting point though. But I'm not entirely sure. The Hoth UCS coming at that time, would make just a tad bit more sense.

EDIT: My mistake, I was unaware of the Hoth set coming out in May. So the Death Star coming out at around the time of Fall is quite a possibility.

Edited by TheAmazingDarkKnight

The Hoth UCS coming at that time, would make just a tad more sense IMO.

Especially because Winter is approaching for most at that point.

Not entirely sure what you meant by this, if it's just you're opinion or not, but the Hoth Echo Base is definitely coming out in May, May 4th actually, for the May the Fourth promotion. This has been confirmed.

Not entirely sure what you meant by this, if it's just you're opinion or not, but the Hoth Echo Base is definitely coming out in May, May 4th actually, for the May the Fourth promotion. This has been confirmed.

Oh really? I was unaware of that, thanks for the correction.

I just figured the whole 'snow' setting of Hoth would make it be released around the time of Fall.

Edited by TheAmazingDarkKnight

I am off to the London Toy Fair later this month, although I can't take pictures I will get as much detailed info about any upcoming and future sets there (especially SW) I seriously can't wait!