Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Do we know any pricing info yet in the UK for the battle of Takodana and the resistance ship?

I think Battle is £49.99 I'm not sure about the resistance ship.

Am i the only one who would really really really but really like lego to go back to using black heads on stormtroopers, tie pilots etc?

Yes, I have so many of the angry clone trooper face and its design is so much worse than any clone wars face ever was.

At least one can order unprinted black heads for 8 Euro cents each on Bricks & Pieces now. Or at least I hope that they won´t call this a licensed part next year. Either way, I don´t even care. I just painted like 80 of these heads with a cd marker for various troopers.

I wasn´t really for black heads with flesh printing at first as well because the near-yearly changes of soldier figures got on my nerves and I was still in a 05 standards mindset but my biggest problem with that head was that the flesh was off-color in every set. Either dirty white or a southern tan, same problem with the Captain Americas and they still can´t bother fixing it. I assume these two versions come from printing either one or two layers in flesh but couldn´t it be fixed with a layer or two of white and then one layer flesh? Just scrapping the whole idea is lazy.

Baffled as to why this and/or variants aren't used. http://img.bricklink...3626cpb0664.jpg

I've had to replace the heads on all of my AT-AT drivers and tie pilots because they come with the angry clone. Annoying.

There are so many problems with the clone faces.

On the TIE Pilot helmet you have half the fleshy head looking through

Helmets with holes for accessories show flesh through them

Stormtroopers even canonically have the old black head with face, in TESB Han nearly knocks one troopers helmet off when he gets thrown to Chewie in the prison and you can see the black head covering and stylish mustache (I wish they would do a variant head based on that scene).

In the movies all these characters have their necks covered by their overalls which should translate to a black head, in case of Boba a grey head

It´s always the same expression which looks dumb and even now that we have a variant with a neutral/closed mouth it still was only used in the Rebels Stormtrooper BP and even then only for half the troopers when it should have been all of them since the market is saturated enough with gritted teeth troopers.

Ignoring the heads design, it only made sense for clone troopers to have this head. Stormtroopers are all now canonically recruits and the First Order troopers obviously are too. Even Senate guards got clone heads when it was a plot point in the show that they were normal people. Looking at the 4 battlepacks that got released this year I expected them to take the chance and put in brown and dark flesh heads into some cheap sets but no, only the First Order officer got a brown head which makes the least sense. I haven´t seen a single FO officer that wasn´t a CIS white human while they make it a point in all new works that the rebels are of every ethnicity and alien race but First Order officers are now the most diverse figure family. I expected at least one FO stormtrooper with a black head since Finn was black too. Some mexicans in the rebellion. But instead half the soldiers are Loki and the new Naboo pilot.

Well, I guess the soccer/football CMF series is bound to be 90% brown heads with permed 'fros and the more movies show non-flesh soldiers the more likely their inclusion becomes but in the head department all these sets are a true let down.

According to Brickipedia, it'll be Sabine but no other info.

Whhhyyy? Sabine has nothing to do in any way with A-Wings in Rebels (unless it represents something we have yet to see). And AmazingBricks? Any sign of Rebels Mandalorian sets?

According to Brickipedia, it'll be Sabine but no other info.

It's Brickipedia, they wouldn't know anything.

I said this because I was watching TV and saw a commercial for Rebels about a scene with an A Wing with Sabine, another ship with Hera, and two TIE ships in a battle. I thought "Hey, maybe that's the A Wing set"

Whhhyyy? Sabine has nothing to do in any way with A-Wings in Rebels (unless it represents something we have yet to see). And AmazingBricks? Any sign of Rebels Mandalorian sets?

If you haven't realized it by now, Lego include minifigures to add appeal to a set. Doesn't have to make sense. They added Palpatine to a droid Tri fighter, Queen Amidala to a gungan sub, Obi-Wan to a MTT, Watto to sith infiltrator ...I can keep going.

Edited by namioik

If you haven't realized it by now, Lego include minifigures to add appeal to a set. Doesn't have to make sense. They added Palpatine to a droid Tri fighter, Queen Amidala to a gungan sub, Obi-Wan to a MTT, Watto to sith infiltrator ...I can keep going.

Yeah, of course I realize that. But will it ever stop frustrating me? No. :cry_sad: In the fateful words of one Padme Amidala, "Lego. You're breaking my heart!"

whats odd with obi being in there. obi wan and quigon stowaway on one the Naboo™ Security Guard dont fit in there

Yeah, of course I realize that. But will it ever stop frustrating me? No. :cry_sad: In the fateful words of one Padme Amidala, "Lego. You're breaking my heart!"

Well in some respects, its a good thing, because it allows collectors to acquire certain minifigures that they would have otherwise had to pay more for had that minifigure been in another set.

I would much rather pay £50 for a Gungun sub with Queen Amidala rather than have to pay £XX amount of money in order to aqquire through another set.

......You wouldn't have a link to that by any chance?

Sure thing, brother!

http://www.ign.com/wikis/star-wars/Star_Wars:_Rogue_One

I am interested to see if the hype for the Rogue One 2016 summer Lego sets will reach the fever-pitch that the Force Awakens ones did. I don't think I have ever seen this board in such a crazed state before, with everyone on the edge of their seats waiting for a scrap of news or a glimpse of a leaked picture.

I am interested to see if the hype for the Rogue One 2016 summer Lego sets will reach the fever-pitch that the Force Awakens ones did. I don't think I have ever seen this board in such a crazed state before, with everyone on the edge of their seats waiting for a scrap of news or a glimpse of a leaked picture.

Doubtful, as this movie is not as hotly anticipated as the other. Although, I could be wrong.

Sure thing, brother!

http://www.ign.com/wikis/star-wars/Star_Wars:_Rogue_One

Don't think that hype for Rogue One will reach the level of TFA. I mean it's not a main Episode movie, it's a spinoff , so that will probably throw some people off from the get go. Also I think Lego realizes this and won't make as much sets as they did with TFA, I'd say 3-4 is our best bet. Instead Lego will definitely focus on Ep 8 sets which will probably come out in January 2017. I mean pretty much everyone is looking forward to Ep 8 after cliffhanger ending of TFA.

Sorry man, there's still a bit more to put, but now is not the time.

Sorry man, there's still a bit more to put, but now is not the time.

So.... no straight-up denial of the Mandalorians? :wink:

Edited by Junior Shark

Don't think that hype for Rogue One will reach the level of TFA. I mean it's not a main Episode movie, it's a spinoff , so that will probably throw some people off from the get go. Also I think Lego realizes this and won't make as much sets as they did with TFA, I'd say 3-4 is our best bet. Instead Lego will definitely focus on Ep 8 sets which will probably come out in January 2017. I mean pretty much everyone is looking forward to Ep 8 after cliffhanger ending of TFA.

Also, no Jedi / Sith.

Just curious: why the secrecy?

Great question.

I think it's fun for them to leak bit by bit? Not sure.

Maybe they're bound by some sort of confidentiality agreement? Even as primitive as telling a friend who works for LEGO that they won't share.

Edited by x105Black

"You are underestimating the power of the dark marketing" Darth Vader

"You are underestimating the power of the dark marketing" Darth Vader

^ This.

While I agree with most of the points folks are making in regards to the hype of rogue one, Disney has proved that they are masters of marketing. They are following Lucas' footsteps in regards to knowing that the real money comes from merchandising. And since Lego is arguably the biggest toy company in the planet I have a strong suspicion that we will get a full line of rogue one sets come this summer due to the push from Disney.

Last thing I'll put here in a while, how would Poe look with hair? ;)

The hair piece that Anakin has in his "Revenge of the Sith" version would quite suit him. Edited by LOTR34

Even as primitive as telling a friend who works for LEGO that they won't share.

This. Also sabine and Hera being in that A-wing set isn't confirmed or anything, so yeah.

Edited by amazingbricks

Sure thing, brother!

http://www.ign.com/w...Wars:_Rogue_One

It will not! TFA was the first Star Wars Movie in 10 years and also the beginning of a new Trilogie + it had old beloved elements like Characters (Han Solo, Chewie) and Objects (Lightsabers, Tie Fighter, X Wing). Rogue One has nothing of that going for it.

Of course it is interesting to get to know what we can expect to get, but for me its only to see if we actually get more bigger sets with completely new designs compared to TFA Sets so far.

BigEl, you bring up excellent points. Especially the idea of iconic characters being the selling point of the movie. However, I expect Disney to have a Force Awakens size push when it comes to merchandise and Rogue One does have the potential for some amazing sets like Yavin and a Death Star play set based on the little we know about the film.