Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

That definitely looks real! Awesome! I bet he's in one of the Microfighters.

Yes that's a great suggestion! Didn't think of that possibility. He's too minor a character to be included randomly whereas Leia would be more welcome.

Droid tales

I forgot about that!

Yes that's a great suggestion! Didn't think of that possibility. He's too minor a character to be included randomly whereas Leia would be more welcome.

They did include him randomly (somewhat) in the A-wing

Some 2016 set images are found in lego.com cache.

75133 Rebels Battle Pack

75133-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

75134 Galactic Empire Battle Pack

75134-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

75135 Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor

75135-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

75137 Carbon Freezing Chamber

75137-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

75138 Hoth Attack

75138-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

75140 {TVC 2}

75140-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

75141 Kanan Speeder Bike

75141-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

75142 Homing Spider Droid

75142-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Why there is radar under each minifigure?

Edited by whung

I'm burning these into my memory in case they are taken down....that homing droid isn't even a redesign, just a reissue. Also, are there any pictures of the echo base set yet?

Wow! Exciting! Here's some things I noticed (non-obvious): no arm print ing on boba :(, storm troopers seem to have some kind of diagonal line on their foreheads?, three different torsos in both battle packs, and a chiss head! Also: the new imperial hat IN BLACK!

Edited by Jbricks

Carbon Freezing Chamber looks like a good set for the money. Lots of useful bricks, plus a couple of great minifigures (particularly Boba Fett), and the frozen Han. Probably worth it.

Oh, and you could probably sell all those trans orange pieces to Nexo Knights fans.

:wink:

What the... :look: Well, that escalated quickly.

Is that TFA set a different one from the other two? I'm guessing yes since it doesn't seem like it would be called Battle on Takodana or the Pirate Transport. And the stands... will these actually be in sets? While they're extremely simple, I really appreciate that LEGO's doing them. Figures like battle droids definitely need them.

I zoomed in and saw that the Chamber has an elevator and Han appears to have a new face, the storm troopers still seem to have lines on the helmet, and it looks like we are getting more helmets with transyellow infusions!

The shock trooper is very..... Surprising

Edited by Jbricks

Wow! Exciting! Here's some things I noticed (non-obvious): no arm print ing on boba :(, storm troopers seem to have some kind of diagonal line on their foreheads?, three different torsos in both battle packs, and a chiss head! Also: the new imperial hat IN BLACK!

I think the stormtroopers have battle damage, and that is probably duro not chiss

Edit: Did anyone notice the blue 1x1 studs on the jetpacks jumppacks?

What the... :look: Well, that escalated quickly.

Is that TFA set a different one from the other two? I'm guessing yes since it doesn't seem like it would be called Battle on Takodana or the Pirate Transport. And the stands... will these actually be in sets? While they're extremely simple, I really appreciate that LEGO's doing them. Figures like battle droids definitely need them.

1-You're 100% right and 2-I agree 150,000%

Edited by Kman860

That will do nicely for that crewman from the Microfighters Imperial Star Destroyer.

Wowowow, are those stands serious? If so, it's a pretty unexpected new feature (I like it!).

Battlepacks are outstanding, as always.

Obi-Wan's Interceptor looks very fancy (makes me wish I bought Anakin's).

Carbon Freezing Chamber looks O.K. (a bit too much grey, not enough black).

Hoth Attack is a meh (that probe droid is pathetic).

That B-Wing looking ship looks intriguing.

Not interested in the speeder bike.

I wonder why TLG ever decided to release a set that was in store not so long ago, and doesn't have any major changes to its design (definite pass).

Alright wave, the more OT / other stormtroopers & rebels (not the series) sets we get, the happier I am.

Okay, I'm dumb. Where's Leia?

She's standing next to Ackbar. Her hair is lighter, but we've seen her in that outfit in the Vanity Fair photoshoot, IIRC.

Ughnaut looks great, but it will take three of that Freezing Chamber set to complete the circle, and have two wedges left over... WTH? Unless they have make a ring from 12 wedges? That would be weird. Boba seems to have his cape, too.

Is that Cad Bane in the Rebels pack, or just another of his species? And how many speeder bikes do we need for Rebels? Kanan's plus the one in the BP plus two last January?

Obi's fighter looks decent, but that Hoth set... Yikes! Who wouldn't pass on that?

I don't know what that TFA set is about, but it looks decent enough. Like a cargo variant of a B-wing, or something.

And Ackbar does indeed have a coffee mug!

Edited by rollermonkey

The battlepacks look nice. Battlescared troopers + the new imperial hat in black is cool and the rebels set offers some good variety.

I can live without an ughnaut and already have a couple of Bobas and frozen Hans so Carbon chamber's a pass for me.

I like Kanan's speeder - the ATDP pilot in the right colour is welcome and it looks like there are enough blasters there to arm all the troppers in this year's battlepack properly if you want.

Hoth attack looks pretty dull.

No interest in anything else - did you find any non-SW sets in the cache?

The stands seem very random. I can't find any pattern with some being different sized, and others being TIE fighter parts. Perhaps they were meant to be erased in an updated version of the pics, and we're only left there to pose the minifigure for photography.