LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

11 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Try calling in the order for the Thestrals. At least here in the States that's how to work around those irritating "out of stock" items.

Thanks for the tip, but I have been calling in for years :wink: I have started sending mail now most of the time, but the problem with the part is that it is licensed :facepalm:

23 hours ago, Roebuck said:
23 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Thanks for the tip, but I have been calling in for years :wink: I have started sending mail now most of the time, but the problem with the part is that it is licensed :facepalm:

Ah, yes, I forgot the strictures against licensed parts.

A lot of Harry Potter minifigure parts that were listed but not available seem to have been removed completely now. I hope that means the remaining ones - for example the new hair pieces that hopefully aren't licensed - will become available soon...

Edited by Graupensuppe

Is it possible to look for bricks by colour in Bricks and Pieces? I need to buy pink pieces, and I want to see all the designs they have avaible.

Edited by hachiroku

34 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Is it possible to look for bricks by colour in Bricks and Pieces? I need to buy pink pieces, and I want to see all the designs they have avaible.

Unfortunately no. You'll have to look at Bricklink for pieces in pink and then look up each item individually (as far as I know).

You can search for parts by colour on brickset, and get the part numbers from there. The LEGO designation for bright pink is ‘light purple.’ https://brickset.com/parts/colour-Light-Purple

Edit: The red utility belt piece is now listed as a licensed part. And it’s still out of stock.

Edited by Merch
Sadness.

On 9/1/2018 at 10:33 PM, Merch said:

You can search for parts by colour on brickset, and get the part numbers from there. The LEGO designation for bright pink is ‘light purple.’ https://brickset.com/parts/colour-Light-Purple

Edit: The red utility belt piece is now listed as a licensed part. And it’s still out of stock.

SADNESS INDEED!!! SENPAI WAI?!?! UNACCEPTAAABBBBBBBLLLLEEEE!!!!!

On 9/1/2018 at 11:33 PM, Merch said:

I did that. Thankfully (or maybe not :laugh:) there aren't too many designs in that colour.

Thanks to both of you.

B&P is becoming useless to me.  Last week I ordered 12 plain brown torsos, but then a few days later they were canceled from the order because they are considered licensed.  Apparently they have been used in one of the Chewie minfigs.  I called to complain, and they agreed that it was a little silly and they reinstated that part of the order.  Next day they got re-cancelled.

New parts and recolors still take forever to show up online (if they ever do), and when they do show they are crazy expensive.  For example the 1x1 double half-arch piece from the microscale Hogwarts was briefly available, but was $0.70 USD!

Edited by fastlindyrick

1 hour ago, fastlindyrick said:

B&P is becoming useless to me.  Last week I ordered 12 plain brown torsos, but then a few days later they were canceled from the order because they are considered licensed.  Apparently they have been used in one of the Chewie minfigs.  I called to complain, and they agreed that it was a little silly and they reinstated that part of the order.  Next day they got re-cancelled.

New parts and recolors still take forever to show up online (if they ever do), and when they do show they are crazy expensive.  For example the 1x1 double half-arch piece from the microscale Hogwarts was briefly available, but was $0.70 USD!

It is strictly correct that the dark brown torso with dark brown arms and hands is licensed. It only appears in four minifigures, all Wookiees. And the torso itself (without arms) is also just in Wookiees.

It is the same with dark tan.

31 minutes ago, MAB said:

It is strictly correct that the dark brown torso with dark brown arms and hands is licensed. It only appears in four minifigures, all Wookiees. And the torso itself (without arms) is also just in Wookiees.

It is the same with dark tan.

It's a bit dumb though that LEGO considers a differently coloured version of a piece that has existed for decades and decades is 'licenced'.

2 hours ago, fastlindyrick said:

The dessillusion of finding nothing on bnp, because they’re licensed or just cool pieces that we all want, really got me ordering nothing on bnp nowadays. I don’t even check anymore if there is something i’d like there. 

Well, if you are only looking for licensed parts, I certainly agree it's pretty much worthless. Non-licensed stuff is often available tough, and I'm just grateful that B&P exists for that purpose. 

Edited by Exetrius

I generally use B&P for new or re-color parts I want in larger numbers that I cna't find on Bricklink yet. That or Minifigure parts that aren't licensed. I find it very helpful for those kinds of orders.

B&P is a great way to get a larger quantity of parts that would otherwise be hard to get (e.g. I bought 1 x 1 tiles in trans-clear and 1 x 1 bricks in trans-black from B&P in the past, both in quantity)

Edited by jonwil

14 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Well, if you are only looking for licensed parts, I certainly agree it's pretty much worthless. Non-licensed stuff is often available tough, and I'm just grateful that B&P exists for that purpose.  

i mostly look for hairpieces, torsos and other minifig related stuff. Mostly to adjust minifigs or make my own minifigs. Most new minifig related pieces are made for cmf series and licensed sets. And i don't want to buy a whole set for just a wig. So for me, bnp is becoming more and more useless. I do like the fact that you can order a bunch of other stuff though.

5 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Latest B&P order:

Nice one, and always good to see them reported here! Did you add the white Elves hairpiece and the HP bow pieces by phone? Last time I checked (admittedly: months ago) they were out of stock.

13 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Nice one, and always good to see them reported here! Did you add the white Elves hairpiece and the HP bow pieces by phone? Last time I checked (admittedly: months ago) they were out of stock.

No, all pieces in the above order were available online. I know the HP pieces have come and gone a bit already. And they are ridiculously expensive still. That's why I only got 4 of each.

40 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

No, all pieces in the above order were available online. I know the HP pieces have come and gone a bit already. And they are ridiculously expensive still. That's why I only got 4 of each.

The candle flame piece is ridiculous. However, I must admit I’ve seen this happen with other pieces before where after a 6 months (don’t quote me on that), the piece has been marked at a more reasonable piece (a significant reduction I must add).

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

The candle flame piece is ridiculous. However, I must admit I’ve seen this happen with other pieces before where after a 6 months (don’t quote me on that), the piece has been marked at a more reasonable piece (a significant reduction I must add).

Yes, Lego has learned to mark-up the price on pieces like that which they've learned will be in high demand when they first come out. After it starts to show up in other sets the price goes down considerably. The nexo-shield tile started at $0.90/piece for me. Now it's like $0.30.

22 minutes ago, Borex said:

What are those trans blue pieces? They look interesting.

They are from the nexo-knight line.