Sign in to follow this  
SavaTheAggie

(MOC) Bluebonnet Station

22548838300_6f01e968da.jpgBluebonnet Station by Tony Sava, on Flickr

A few weeks ago I posted LDraw images of a station I was designing. I have now finished it in real Bricks, with some changes to the original design.

FULL GALLERY

22115560743_506b02e5f6.jpgBluebonnet Station 4 by Tony Sava, on Flickr

22113862814_09514faf80.jpgBluebonnet Station 5 by Tony Sava, on Flickr

22113799074_d87da2c2bb.jpgBluebonnet Station 7 by Tony Sava, on Flickr

22710703296_68ee53fb22.jpgBluebonnet Station 2 by Tony Sava, on Flickr

22747583521_5387cb0b44.jpgBluebonnet Station 12 by Tony Sava, on Flickr

--Tony

It's even better in physical bricks! And those cypress trees! :blush:

I especially like the platforms themselves. Those railings and benches are great!

I love the use of the blue color and that it is named after our Texas flower very clean and good looking design

Good Job!

-RailCo

While this build is up to your own usual exceptional standards, there are still a lot of exceptional details that are new to me, e.g., the brick built platform (curse you, now I can't wait to get my hands on a large quantity dark red version of those bricks... well... okay, I wanted a large quantity to begin with but now I want more). And really insane is the small twist you used on the 1x plates to make the bricks pop. Great work all around.

Excelent as usual. The special attention to details you make are amazing. As mentioned earlier the brick platform, but also the use of the LEGO dice for a clock. How do you come up with all these magnificent ideas?

Thanks all, I really appreciate it. This was a fun change - not building solely on a prototype. It came together pretty quickly, too, in spite of all the plates. Heck - gathering the parts took longer than building it. :)

--Tony

I apologise for the necropost, but I didn't feel like this deserved its own post.

I've taken this 4 year old veteran of TBRR layouts and have given her new life with LEDs.  

48118519777_6eb104d6a2.jpgBluebonnet Station at night by Tony Sava, on Flickr

48124644098_5f68758347.jpgMore Bluebonnet Station at night by Tony Sava, on Flickr

48124615141_90f9a75a00.jpgMore Bluebonnet Station at night by Tony Sava, on Flickr

48124703172_b1b63be4e2.jpgMore Bluebonnet Station at night by Tony Sava, on Flickr

It was a lot of fun.  I used Brick Loot's new Light Linx products purchased at Brickworld 2019.  

--Tony

On 6/25/2019 at 7:12 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Stunning! How many studs away from the platform is your track?

The platform is 3 studs away from the rail.  We run 8-wide trains, and some of our steam engines can exceed 10 studs in some places.

--Tony

19 hours ago, SavaTheAggie said:

The platform is 3 studs away from the rail.  We run 8-wide trains, and some of our steam engines can exceed 10 studs in some places.

--Tony

Thanks! Yes Im all to familiar with steamers tearing up the layout lol 6w is 8 8w is 10 lol the first time I ran my steamers I tore up all sorts of things that were no problems for the diesels that the Lug had run before this lol

The second time was better but still hitting things.  We are trying to set up some club guidelines as to clearence (heights widths) so hopefully this years layouts are steam friendly as the lug likes my trains lol 

One thing we did was set the platforms on jumpers ... The 1/2 stud does close the gap on coaches well ... Just make sure theres two straights before/after the platforms lol

But thank you for the response! Its helpful to show them examples of other layouts that run steam lol