Chilly_Productions

What was your first lego set?

Our very first Lego set was 10666 Digger. :devil_laugh:

We have it since 1st of May 2013.

That is how my disorder began!

10666-1.jpg?201510140806

Edited by alenvprekrsku

Not 100% sure it was my first set and it wasn't a true set. There was a shop in my town once that was a resell shop they had named it the merchentile. Not the most original name but it was a great store. One day me and my mother were in the shop and found a blue case with the word Lego printed on it.

Inside was a mismatch of parts and minifigures one of which was a M-tron fig. To this day M-ton is deeply connected to my Lego memory. I was born after Benny and his space theme brothers had passed and to me they are just as Iconic to Lego as Blacktron, Robo Raiders, or the insectoids were to some of you.

You know in the sequel Lego Movie I'd love it if Benny had a friend from M-ton. One just as crazy as he is about spaceships but maybe with moon buggys to go with Benny's flight in space crazy. A good counter part for him. If they did I'd have a new favorite lego character. But Benny wouldn't be far behind him at all. :laugh:

I don’t remember mu first set as it was 30 years ago or something but I remember the first one after my dark ages: Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser (8039)

Same as above quote but replace the 8039 set with set 5766 (small log cabin) i purchased in march 2011.

I ended up selling it because I lost interest again (after a dark age starting in the late 1980s).

Dark age 2011 to 2015.

Early of September 2015 I bought set 60057 (RV + canoe) and on October 29, 2015 I got the emerald express (31015).

One regret: not purchasing the Lego dimensions back to the future level pack (Marty McFly + hover board + delorean) on October 21, 2015. As evidenced by another thread I asked a link that would provide me with an inventory of the pieces necessary to build a delorean as sold in the Lego dimensions pack. I gave up on doing it that way and instead i will buy it for the $30 price (71201).

Edited by Lego_v194

I bought a few small sets at the same time: 7195 Ambush in Cairo, 7197 Venice Canal Chase, 8401 City Minifigure Collection, 7567 City traveler, 5899 House Building Set and 7639 Camper. I was a bit older when I started collecting so I still have most of them in good condition, sans a few missing pieces here and there. Before that, the only Lego I had was a grey ninja wearing sunglasses I found on the ground at school.

My first set I think (this was many years ago!) was 462, though I remember having several other Classic Space sets from that same yeatime period. I really loved Classic Space as a kid!

My partner bought a Classic Space auction lot a while ago knowing there was a 497 Galaxy Explorer (that being my absolute nostalgic favorite!) in it. I was lucky enough to receive not only a virtually complete Galaxy Explorer incuding box, but also a 6970 Beta I Command Base & most of a 483 Alpha-1 Rocket Base plus other Classic Space pieces!! It was a wonderful amazing gift, and though not cheap was not ridiculously expensive either! (I asked to make sure she didn't overpay for it - I love the stuff, but not willing to spend more than we have for it, either.)

My Lego Duplo Zoo. No idea when I got it but I remember having it when I was very young.

2669_brickset.jpg

First Lego was just a basic bucket. I didn't really have any big sets apart from the Duplo zoo and the house as a kid.

51ZiMsfLs7L.jpg

As for the sets. First ones were the little MacDonalds ploybags free with Happy Meals back in the early 90s.

Back in the late 90s or early 2000s, I remember McDonalds had some sort of tiny Lego sets. Don't even remember what it was, specifically, just that it was red and slopy. That's how this whole mess began.

I used to play with a big basket of random Duplo blocks and train tracks as a kid, but my first "proper" Lego set was 8531 Pohatu from Bionicle. I was young and careless back then, and some of the pieces got lost or ruined, but I still have the boulder.

My very first set was http://brickset.com/sets/378-1/Tractor, which is still in a box at my parents' house, along with a load of other old sets, such as http://brickset.com/...Crane-and-Wagon and http://brickset.com/...3-1/Locomotive. I rebuilt as many as I could a couple of years ago for my young twin daughters and that brought me out of my dark ages, as I "appropriated" all my old LEGO Classic Space sets and brought them home.

Oh, first post! :-)

Edited by JudgeChuck

My first proper Lego set may or may not have been 6658 Bulldozer:

6658-1.jpg

One thing I find very peculiar, browsing my collection on Brickset, is that some sets were apparently available in stores for sometimes 5-7 years after release, I remember occasions where I got sets from my parents brand new from the stores that were, in hindsight, already ancient. Good old days before strict corporate policies I guess.

My first set that I can remember was the first version of the Millennium Falcon from 2000 for my 6th Birthday. I had some of the Ronald McDonald and company LEGO poly-bags around the same time, and still have a few printed slopes from that time-period. I even remember the VHS tapes that McDonald's sold around that time using the stylized characters represented on the bricks: they were animated features (two shows to a tape) and were kinda creepy. It's kinda off topic, but does anyone else who had the poly-bags remember those tapes?

7190-1.jpg?200709280622

(pictures from BrickLlink and Brickset, sorry they are a tad big)

EDIT: Ronald looked like this:

30474pb05.jpg?1

Edited by Murdoch17

30474pb03.jpg

Sadly, I do remember those sets... They might be a contender for my "first set" but I think the honor is won by the other two sets I mentioned in this thread.

It's been a while and it's probably not the first set that I got but the first set that I remember getting (from Sinterklaas - a Dutch tradition) was the 812 Gear supplementary set. Boy, was I fascinated but those colored gears gearing ....

I honestly can't remember my first one, I was pretty young. I know it was Star Wars related. I think it was an X-Wing. This was back in the late 70s. :sceptic:

Edited by Hobbun

My first was probably one of the classic space range but the first "event" one i properly remember was the train set 7745 which i got for a birthday sometime between 5-7 years old.

LEGO started making Star Wars sets in 1999.

Ok, it definitely wasn't Star Wars, then.

I do remember it was space related.