Rick

10251 Brick Bank

I am loving that laundromat MOD! It almost motivates me to buy two BBs so I can make a MOD myself, since I want the laundromat to be easily viewed from the front street alongside my PR modular. Hopefully I'll be able to do that once I get the PS before it retires...

In its place, I'll probably convert the area into a 24-hour ATM room, for people who need money after the bank closes. I'll try to preserve the money laundering function there for the sake of the robbers, maybe by making one of the ATM machines out-of-service like they did with the washing machine. One can dream...

Just picked up 2 of these at my local store. I am, too, going to build the laundry matt as a separate modular and expand the bank on the 32x32 baseplate. The lady at the store gave me a weird look...like why are you buying 2 of these, ha-ha! Then I told her my plan.

On a side note, they have all the new pieces for the wall...for the new mini-builds. They are just waiting on the instructions

At last Lego have shipped my Brick Bank :-)

I wish I lived closer to a Lego store.

I'm planning on splitting off the laundromat too so it's nice to see how good it looks.

So far only have one Brick Bank, if finances permit I'll get another one later on, but I want an entrance for an armoured car where the laundromat currently is, so I'm hoping it will work without a second set if I 'borrow' some of the sand green windows from the skylght to use on the floor above where the laundromat currently is for now.

Finally, Somewhere safe to keep my Genuine Mr Gold :D

Doesn't look genuine. He seems much duller than the real one, who is chrome, not metallic. But it is an excellent place for him.

Hmm as I see the Jang on Jangbricks captured all the details very well in his autodeductive review... "My fathers father"... :)

Max

Here are the first floors of my Brick Bank Mod. still working out a few aesthetic issues, The brick brick in the first picture is a reminder for me to fix an issue once i finish the entire build.

IMG_20160103_173741 by Shawn Rau, on Flickr

IMG_20160103_173748 by Shawn Rau, on Flickr

Cool idea to make the laundry mat separate from the bank.

At last Lego have shipped my Brick Bank :-)

I wish I lived closer to a Lego store.

I'm planning on splitting off the laundromat too so it's nice to see how good it looks.

So far only have one Brick Bank, if finances permit I'll get another one later on, but I want an entrance for an armoured car where the laundromat currently is, so I'm hoping it will work without a second set if I 'borrow' some of the sand green windows from the skylght to use on the floor above where the laundromat currently is for now.

I love that idea of turning the laundry mat to an entrance for an armoured car.

Designer video is out:

OMG finally. I love these designed videos.

I'm happy to see the designer's video is finally posted, but does anyone else think it is rushed? He only covers the play-ability of the set, a couple of the new elements and none of the figures.

What a fantastic set. This build is amazing. I love all the details, the colours, the (new!) elements and the play features.

May be the best Modular so far. :laugh: A perfect corner building.

If you like, this is my Review of the Brick Bank (in German).

And a lot of images you can find right here.

Best wishes

Andres

Edited by Zusammengebaut

I'm happy to see the designer's video is finally posted, but does anyone else think it is rushed? He only covers the play-ability of the set, a couple of the new elements and none of the figures.

It does seem rushed but not because the video is too short since it is one of the longest designer videos he has done. I suppose there is just too much to talk about for this set. I'm okay with him skipping the minifigures because the main characters of this set is the building itself. And some of the AFOL buyers of this set would prefer more focus on the building design than the story elements.

Anyone has already combined 2 sets to build 1 big Bank?

my two sets are on their way and i'll make a 56 studs wide version of it...12 studs or two extra windows on each side....

my two sets are on their way and i'll make a 56 studs wide version of it...12 studs or two extra windows on each side....

Can`t wait to see you result Legosjaak! ;)

Can anyone tell what the "Cool new building piece" is he was talking about? It seemed like an odd grey plate.

It is for doing the corner snot work with the grey bars. It is 1 2/3 bricks tall. See Krystal's review for more details.

It is for doing the corner snot work with the grey bars. It is 1 2/3 bricks tall. See Krystal's review for more details.

Thanks, Brown Dog!

Progress on combining 2 sets: It's been a bit of a challenge for the first floor. I made a Vault Manager Office in place of the Laundry Matt. Still a ways to go :classic:

Looks like I'll have to get 2 of these 1x2x3 arches in Light Blue Grey to make the larger window on the side work... with the other arches...

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=88292#T=S&O={}

10295764_10101165308290113_8209043555833781143_n.jpg?oh=2f54ee181ccec50c0390629e01a10b41&oe=57178334

1935828_10101165308554583_2684636575980923162_n.jpg?oh=e8bb6e5e36ad1822be198fb9f29a3786&oe=57080E55

Edited by KringlesBricks

That is looking very promising.. i hope you manage in getting the windows of the side look good... !

You didn't get the Nexo Knights starter pack for free?

I got a Star wars freebie as well. Admiral Yularen ... whoever that is? Most welcome mini figure all the same!

Yularen was a may 4th giveaway with any SW purchase last year, if I remember correctly. Minor character in episode IV and recurring character in the Clone Wars. Looks like they had some excess inventory if they're randomly including it in orders.

I got a Yularen as well with my order yesterday. Fun coincidence, as I started watching Clone Wars the day before. I'll probably make him a passenger in my Tydirum shuttle.

Edited by bjornkeizers