Rick

10251 Brick Bank

I have up to this point avoided modulars because they are so expensive and because I know I'll want to go back and collect the retired sets which will be exponentially more pricey. However the fact that there are about 5 modulars available at/around this time has pushed me to order the PS before it retires. With plans to buy the others before they retire. After all half the line isn't bad. And I'll probably regret not getting them later on. Right?

I have up to this point avoided modulars because they are so expensive and because I know I'll want to go back and collect the retired sets which will be exponentially more pricey. However the fact that there are about 5 modulars available at/around this time has pushed me to order the PS before it retires. With plans to buy the others before they retire. After all half the line isn't bad. And I'll probably regret not getting them later on. Right?

Wise choice. The after market prices are insane Buy them now. I was going through a dark age when cafe corner and green grocer came out. I regret it so much. I love Green Grocer , and I will never be able to get it since it is $600 on bricklink. I would do anything if I could afford Green Grocer.

You can probably afford GG, judging the fact that you can afford modulars and hence reading this thread.

But it is not justified to spend so much on it.. wise choice.

Modulars are great. If you're a LEGO fan, Id recommend just one. PR. Will teach you a lot. Mech mocers get blue curves. Town builders get olive green bricks and brown windows. Space fans get the grey baseplate and grey erling bricks. Minifig fans get a lot of knives and accessories.

Whoever said Jamie Berard was fired or whatever, Marcos Bessa said Jamie was actually the one who designed this set.

So... Who said Jamie was fired?

Do you have a link to the thread/post where you read this?

This article from the Wall Street Journal is two days old and further nullifies this "Jamie Berard was fired" rumor.

I like it a lot. The color scheme is nice. This may be an unpopular opinion but I actually think the play features are kinda cute.

So... Who said Jamie was fired?

Do you have a link to the thread/post where you read this?

This article from the Wall Street Journal is two days old and further nullifies this "Jamie Berard was fired" rumor.

Believe he actually now leads creator or at least creator expert design so has a number of designers on his team

Back on topic, maybe its just me, but im noticing some nice similarities in BB to my favorite, the FB:

Stonework on ground floor, big windows/doors with arches in center, tall/narrow windows on sides....

Reinforces that this could make the nice basis for a mod into all sorts of other types of buildings/uses, police station, museum, office, etc

I like it a lot. The color scheme is nice. This may be an unpopular opinion but I actually think the play features are kinda cute.

I'm not sure it is an unpopular opinion. Several of the first posts in this thread were positive and I like it as well. I know quite a few folks in my LUG like the DO, they don't post much here on EB. I guess I am trying to say I think the thread is not a good random sample. You will mainly get people who are at the extremes of the issue, they really, really like it or really really hate it. There is that threshold that has to be overcome to be willing to post ones thoughts.

I like it and happy to get a corner modular building. Can't wait for Jamie's video at LEGO channel.

I'm (relatively) recently back in to Lego, so I've being anticipating the release of the first modular corner building since my return, and I've gotta say, this looks pretty fantastic. I've already got the Palace Cinema (and PS, PR, and DO), so it will be great to have a second corner building. Count me in the camp who thinks the play features for the modular line are unnecessary, though it do think this one is cute and much better (and funnier) than the cookie-smuggling operation of the DO. My first modular was the Parisian Restaurant, and it was so great seeing the interior details come together, so I'm definitely a fan of interiors, and this one looks pretty sweet.

Those photoshopped XL version of this are going to infect my brain and try to convince me to buy multiples of this...but I will likely resist. :look:

I am actually looking forward to this upcoming modular! It is the first of its kind to have a proper bank finally appearing as an official set. I don't count the Bank Transfer set in the City Theme though. This is really very nicely done. :wub:

I think the Brick Bank looks okay, but I'm not really impressed; the Laundromat and the story just take away from what could've been a much larger majestic bank.

The set will still look great next to the colorful DO though :classic: .

Do we have confirmation of that statue polybag being the freebie(or at least being available) on January 1st? I plan on buying 10251 day one and really want that yellow bike.

While I don't care if they're there or not, they are pretty neat. When I built 10246, I enjoyed the smuggling route of the prohibited candy. But now that it sits on a table in my town layout, it's just, eh.

Great design of this modular. I like it. Although I expected something a little bigger, but the whole is very well cared.

Great design of this modular. I like it. Although I expected something a little bigger, but the whole is very well cared.

I expected something bigger too, but Im loving the design too :sweet:

Is anyone else bothered by the white pillars on the second floor being square on the edges, while round in the inside? Seems a bit off :S

Why have they switched back to the old Expert logo?

This is the new logo. Last year, they tried out the 2x2 bricks forming a star, and now they've switched to the headlight bricks.