kelceycoe

75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters Discussion

If the jan. 1st 2016 release date is true I will just go to the lego store at my mall on opening to pick it up as I will have it off for the holiday.

The LEGO Store is definitely the best place to get LEGO sets. I went to the one in Newcastle on holiday this year and it was amazing. Everything...*SHOCK*...at a reasonable price and cheaper than on the internet (even when all the sets were basically at RRP).

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

Considering that it's a D2C, the LEGO store will probably be the only place to get it, too. Everywhere else is usually overpriced, and they don't offer VIP points!

Considering that it's a D2C, the LEGO store will probably be the only place to get it, too. Everywhere else is usually overpriced, and they don't offer VIP points!

I thought D2C also meant selected retailers like TRU and Target?

Either way, you know TLC will ship these in few amounts so when they sell out the aftermarket will go crazy. Then some of us will be tempted to buy them impulsely and run their few stock out again. Just so they can release them a couple weeks later like nothing happened. TLC needs to fix this, this is NOT the behavior of a reputable and respectful toy company.

Either way, you know TLC will ship these in few amounts so when they sell out the aftermarket will go crazy. Then some of us will be tempted to buy them impulsely and run their few stock out again. Just so they can release them a couple weeks later like nothing happened. TLC needs to fix this, this is NOT the behavior of a reputable and respectful toy company.

What? Availability on S@H for D2C have been good ever since I came out of my dark ages. Sure, they can run out of stock and take a little while to produce more sets, but IMO there is zero risk of not being able to get a set within it's lifespan. No need to buy at inflated prices elsewhere.

Perhaps the Minifigures will be in alternate costumes, with a rack of Ghostbuster uniforms in the interior. That might work. For promo art they can show both versions.

I played around with the idea in my head that they could include the car BEFORE it was fixed up be ecto1 (was it a hearst?). But then may be out of place, especially if the rest of the HQ was post-fixup.

Maybe they will include an even BETTER ecto1 than the Lego Ideas one, where it can sit all of them and have an opening rear hatch with slide-out mount for their packs...

I played around with the idea in my head that they could include the car BEFORE it was fixed up be ecto1 (was it a hearst?).

No. The original idea behind the scenes was for it to be a hearse but in the end they decided to make it a ambulance.

Perhaps the Ecto-II?

The Ecto-1a (i.e. the Ghostbusters II variant) would seem like the best compromise for both including the iconic car and not making people who forked out for the original feel they're paying twice.

Then the Ghostbusters sign should also be from Ghostbusters II. Which would make sense, since that sign still hangs inside the real fire house. And that fire house (Ladder 8), by the way, has adopted a modified version of the Ghostbusters logo as their house logo.

....Maybe they will include an even BETTER ecto1 than the Lego Ideas one....

I doubt that's possible :P I personally think that is one of the greatest LEGO sets ever made, not even exaggerating.

I doubt the 'Busters will be in casual wear, since the only outfits they're known for are their uniforms.

That doesn't mean it'll be the same ones in the original set!

The-Real-Ghostbusters-post.jpg

I doubt that's possible :P I personally think that is one of the greatest LEGO sets ever made, not even exaggerating.

That doesn't mean it'll be the same ones in the original set!

What in the world..

What in the world..

That's nothing! Before that there was a "Ghostbusters" cartoon series. Look it up, I dare you!

Okay, the Ghostbusters will be in their outfits that have the updated arm printing from Dimensions, but Peter will have an exclusive slimed variant! :grin:

Okay, the Ghostbusters will be in their outfits that have the updated arm printing from Dimensions, but Peter will have an exclusive slimed variant! :grin:

I see what LEGO's doing there. They're trying to get us to double-dip and buy that Dimensions pack too :tongue:

Ahh that's awesome!

Hopefully they also use the hair piece from Finn for Hudson!

Does everyone think that it's likely this set would include the Ecto-1 (or a version of it)? Or would Lego simply extend the production of the Lego Ideas Ecto-1 (21108)?

It seems that the Lego Ideas Ecto-1 is getting a little difficult to find (at least locally for me in Australia). Surely Lego wouldn't release the Ghosbusters headquarters without ensuring that fans could easily obtain Ecto-1 as well?

Ooh, thanks! So this pretty much confirms Slimer too, since there wouldn't be slimed Peter without him. (And Finn's hair on Winston too.)

There isn't any chance you could give us a hint about the Ecto is there J2G? :tongue:

Does everyone think that it's likely this set would include the Ecto-1 (or a version of it)? Or would Lego simply extend the production of the Lego Ideas Ecto-1 (21108)?

It seems that the Lego Ideas Ecto-1 is getting a little difficult to find (at least locally for me in Australia). Surely Lego wouldn't release the Ghosbusters headquarters without ensuring that fans could easily obtain Ecto-1 as well?

I can't find it in NZ or Malaysia. Debating if i should get one off Bricklink/eBay or hope it comes with the set.

I think there will be an Ecto-1 version in the set. Would be strange releasing a set that big/expensive where you have to buy another set to get the car.

Ooh, thanks! So this pretty much confirms Slimer too, since there wouldn't be slimed Peter without him. (And Finn's hair on Winston too.)

There isn't any chance you could give us a hint about the Ecto is there J2G? :tongue:

Slimer is in LEGO Dimensions too so he'd be an easy inclusion.

Interesting about the updated figures with the arm printing. Now the focus is on Ecto-1 itself. As much as it pains me to say this, I am beginning to believe there will be another one in this set. So, do they try and one-up the Ideas set as well? If so, those of us who bought the original set are going to feel like people who bought Windows Version "X" right before the release of Windows Version "X+1".

If they are going to go through the trouble of updating the arm prints, thus creating a superior minifig to the originals, it leads me to believe they will simply let the Ideas set run out and put the car in this one, leaving everyone who bought the first set with a feeling like they now have something outdated.

Also, to address a point made previously, there actually is a precedence for Lego making two depictions of the same scene, even in the same wave. In Lord of the Rings, they made a "Wizard Battle" set, and a "Tower of Orthanc". The Tower of Orthanc contained almost the same depiction of the Wizard Battle scene within it. There would be somewhat of a parallel to it if they put Ecto-1 and the four ghostbusters in the firehouse.

Glad to hear that the Ghostbusters are the new versions with arm printing, but as the person above, I was kind of hoping for this:

gbreal.jpg

From the Real Ghostbusters animated series. Would be cool. Maybe they'll do that in another set in the future?

Interesting about the updated figures with the arm printing. Now the focus is on Ecto-1 itself. As much as it pains me to say this, I am beginning to believe there will be another one in this set. So, do they try and one-up the Ideas set as well? If so, those of us who bought the original set are going to feel like people who bought Windows Version "X" right before the release of Windows Version "X+1".

If they are going to go through the trouble of updating the arm prints, thus creating a superior minifig to the originals, it leads me to believe they will simply let the Ideas set run out and put the car in this one, leaving everyone who bought the first set with a feeling like they now have something outdated.

Also, to address a point made previously, there actually is a precedence for Lego making two depictions of the same scene, even in the same wave. In Lord of the Rings, they made a "Wizard Battle" set, and a "Tower of Orthanc". The Tower of Orthanc contained almost the same depiction of the Wizard Battle scene within it. There would be somewhat of a parallel to it if they put Ecto-1 and the four ghostbusters in the firehouse.

Pfft, there's a heck of a lot more precedence than that. Look at Star Wars. Look at all the versions they've done of the Millennium Falcon. Or the Slave I. Or Vader's TIE. Or regular TIEs, X-Wing fighters, Y-Wing fighters, A-Wing fighters, B-Wing fighters, Snowspeeders, AT-ATs, AT-STs, Naboo fighters, Republic Gunships, you name it. They've done Luke's landspeeder four times in minifigure scale - twice on its own, twice as part of a larger building / location set (the Mos Eisley Cantina), and they've done that even more times with the snowspeeder. It happens all the time. Including an Ectomobile with the Ghostbusters headquarters wouldn't be any different.