Kolonialbeamter

General MOC-Discussion, WIP-Help, and Teaser Thread

Whats behind the door?

Hello! I have been working the whole day whit this today, its at least the start of my office that I have been planning in my head for so long. Its only the stairway hall or whatever you want to call it but I am extremely happy whit the end result. However, its not done yet. Things I am planning to add/Change in it: The floor obliviously is going to get changed and tiled to give it that nice "parquet" feel. Perhaps a curtain to the window? And some changes and add on´s on the wall. Ill need your feedback on that but ill ask them when ill post more pictures showing what I mean.

Captain Becker

Maxim, you could build a large xebec, and have much smaller guns on the long quarter deck. It would have 1.5 gun decks.

(I hope nobody minds me linking the shop where I found this model - if so tell me and I'll remove it, but there are a few more pictures of this Xebec)

You're good. :thumbup:

Alright, so I posted the teaser yesterday, and now Ill show what the rest of the room looks like. So this is the door which you saw on the picture, its a broom closet whit nothing inside it. :pir-tongue: Its supposed to hold the cleaning tools and a ladder inside it, Which it can, theres enough room under the stairs. The floor will remain as it is most likely, although I would like to tile it, but that will be for another day, also the color wont be the same. Im asking if theres anything youd like me to change in this room before I continue onward´ s. Remember, this is only a stairway hall so its not supposed to be too fancy looking, which it already is IMO. Thanks to that newest wallpaper desing wich I absolutly love :pir-wub: The rest of the photos an be seen in my Flickr page which I have just made as it seems the Brickshelf wont like me anymore and does seem to have problems any now and then.

PS: I am especially proud of the paneling under the wallpapers, I spend most of my time trying to figure it out. Its the 98283 part turned sideways. What do you think about this effect?

26989409734_3ec150368f_z.jpgOffice1 by Captain Becker, on Flickr

Edited by Captain Becker

Good afternoon everyone,

I've got a couple of work-in-progress ships going on, one which has been in the works for around 4 months, and the other, 4 days.

The 4-month WIP is relatively close to completion. it's built on a narrow prefab hull, with two midsections. I present: The Aeron.

27578079490_93d81ee450_c.jpg

Originally I built it to have a look at Pimbo's gun-rolling-out mechanism, and then it just developed into a MOC, hence the similarity in the base. Only the guns above the midsections roll in and out, the back two are fixed in place.

27821436506_34a0ea1635_c.jpg

As you can see, the stern is incomplete. Sterns and bows are my weakest points. I'm quite limited in parts to angle windows, and I have about 5 windows which match the colour scheme. Any advice for it would be welcome.

27779823301_f5a86942ea_c.jpg

Having said I'm not great at doing bows, I'm really pleased with how this one turned out. The anchor can be raised and lowered too, through a string running under the deck and out of the hole by the gunport.

Anyway, as said, any advice regarding the stern is welcome, as is any constructive criticism.

Thanks, and have a good day.

The bow looks pretty sweet, as does the rest! I'll leave the advising to the experts...

Hello fellow AFOL-s

I am amazed by the grandeur of your Ship Moc-s. Congratulations to you all, you are my inspiration.

I try one of my own, based on the white hull of 6280 Armada Flagship, and I need help. Which is the better way to fit shooting cannons on such narrow hull? I have 3 and I like a better armed vessel. In addition, how can I modify the ship sails? Do you advise for larger sails?

Hello fellow AFOL-s

I am amazed by the grandeur of your Ship Moc-s. Congratulations to you all, you are my inspiration.

I try one of my own, based on the white hull of 6280 Armada Flagship, and I need help. Which is the better way to fit shooting cannons on such narrow hull? I have 3 and I like a better armed vessel. In addition, how can I modify the ship sails? Do you advise for larger sails?

First - great that you are starting on your own ship. Shooting cannons on the small hulls are quite difficult to fit, why don't you try some custom cannons? Besides that you could only have one broadside filled in, with all 3 guns pointing out of gunports on one side and use the little bit of space left on the other side for other stuff. You would have to somehow cover the gunports due to that... For sails - there are many tutorials for making your own sails on the master index; besides that I can only say that you are learning by doing, so get building! ;)

First - great that you are starting on your own ship. Shooting cannons on the small hulls are quite difficult to fit, why don't you try some custom cannons? Besides that you could only have one broadside filled in, with all 3 guns pointing out of gunports on one side and use the little bit of space left on the other side for other stuff. You would have to somehow cover the gunports due to that... For sails - there are many tutorials for making your own sails on the master index; besides that I can only say that you are learning by doing, so get building! ;)

Thank you for the custom cannons link-I was not aware about it. I was slowly turning the ship into an airplane with cannons on the wings.....

Good afternoon everyone,

I've got a couple of work-in-progress ships going on, one which has been in the works for around 4 months, and the other, 4 days.

The 4-month WIP is relatively close to completion. it's built on a narrow prefab hull, with two midsections. I present: The Aeron.

Originally I built it to have a look at Pimbo's gun-rolling-out mechanism, and then it just developed into a MOC, hence the similarity in the base. Only the guns above the midsections roll in and out, the back two are fixed in place.

As you can see, the stern is incomplete. Sterns and bows are my weakest points. I'm quite limited in parts to angle windows, and I have about 5 windows which match the colour scheme. Any advice for it would be welcome.

Having said I'm not great at doing bows, I'm really pleased with how this one turned out. The anchor can be raised and lowered too, through a string running under the deck and out of the hole by the gunport.

Anyway, as said, any advice regarding the stern is welcome, as is any constructive criticism.

Thanks, and have a good day.

. Looking good so far! If there was a bit more variation between the heights of the masts, I think it would be greatly improved.

Hello everyone this is my first post... YAY!!! So im building a Bluecoat

naval fort and im here to ask for some tips on how i should build it...if you have a wall design or maybe something that needs to be put in to really make it a fort please do say...... Thanks.

Hello everyone this is my first post... YAY!!!

OK. :look:

I recommend using proper English using capitalization and punctuation. Bad English is fine if English is a second language, but laziness is not. See the Site Guidelines. Thanks.

naval fort and im here to ask for some tips on how i should build it...if you have a wall design or maybe something that needs to be put in to really make it a fort please do say...... Thanks.

I would check out the topics posted in our recent Brethren of the Brick Seas Challenge, Defending Yer Claims!. There are some good forts in there.

There's also the search feature on the top right of the screen. :pir-wink:

Would a Xebec with 2 gundecks be possible?

I can't find examples of it, so they probably never have been build...

But theoretically, would it be possible?

I normally wouldn't reply to a two month old question (especially considering I've already answered it), but I have found something interesting. It might not be a two decked Xebec, but it is a Xebec with a fully closed gundeck and an open deck above - space for the guns on the upper deck. No model, just plans for this one:

http://i.imgur.com/zqVObTN.jpg (Image is to big) Found here: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/5506-merchant-ship-collection-with-plans/

That looks like a Xebec Frigate. They had Euro-style hulls, though still very lightly built, but retained all or part of the eastern rig. They are popular in fiction like the Aubrey/Maturin series, for their strange mystique. To my knowledge, they didn’t last for a very long period, not nearly long as figured in fiction that is. It’s a lot like the Rapier, despite literature over using the term the actual weapon to which it specifically refers was only popular for about 100 years. The point to them functionally is to favor large gun batteries in lieu of sweeps as well as harness the versatility of square sails when paired with lateen/fore and aft sails. Legostone seems to have the right of it. Xebecs were intentionally light ships, that would not have been build up to multiple gundecks, but (and wish I had thought of it myself being so obvious now) Xebec Frigates are a different class of ship more closely related to what you’re proposing. You can also find examples labeled as Polaccas, so called for the one piece masts.

On 10/10/2016 at 3:50 PM, Love Lego Long Time said:

see my newly stolen frigate!

It looks great.  Can't wait to see more pictures. :thumbup: 
I had added you image to your post.

My 1000th post, so I decided to take a picture of something special... but, well... a stupid Minion thought it was the better motive :hmpf:

29932413064_e51a2f7e7a_c.jpg

OM NOM NOM NOM! :wub::wub_drool: I want her instructions! Seriosly, cant wait till you post Her! Im in love whit her already.

Captain Becker

Oh, dear @Kolonialbeamter! You might be trying to hide it from prying eyes, but Corrington has spies everywhere! :pir-wink:

Looks fabulous! :pir-oh3: Can't wait to see more!

On 25.10.2016 at 8:16 PM, Kolonialbeamter said:

My 1000th post, so I decided to take a picture of something special... but, well... a stupid Minion thought it was the better motive :hmpf:

29932413064_e51a2f7e7a_c.jpg

The minion is excellent!

Congrats to 1000 posts!

:wink: