Rick

10249 Winter Toy Shop

Wow, there are really so-called LEGO fans who are willingly being childish enough to give a crap review because of the reissue? Hell, do what another so-called fan said on another board and stop buying LEGO...and that person said they would not even buy any for their children.

You have your right to not like a set being reissued, but to give bad reviews/poor raitings/etc because YOU feel slighted is not right. Just don't buy the set. Let those of us who don't have the set enjoy having the chance to something they don't have to pay second-hand prices for.

Edited by Poisso3

Wow, there are really so-called LEGO fans who are willingly being childish enough to give a crap review because of the reissue? Hell, do what another so-called fan said on another board and stop buying LEGO...and that person said they would not even buy any for their children.

You have your right to not like a set being reissued, but to give bad reviews/poor raitings/etc because YOU feel slighted is not right. Just don't buy the set. Let those of us who don't have the set enjoy having the chance to something they don't have to pay second-hand prices for.

I would agree to that.

I will never give this set a bad review, because I really like it, it's a brilliant set in my opinion.

I'm just disappointed, because I more or less expected a brand new set. That's life.

I collect for me, for my own enjoyment, not so I have something someone else doesn't. If that is part of your enjoyment of the hobby, that you have something that someone else doesn't... Well, that's a not very nice side to you, and it's best to keep it to yourself.

Very true, but it would still be nice if there had been more sets to collect in the first place, now, wouldn't it? :wink:

Pretty happy they released this because I missed out on the first one but what I'm disappointed in is the price, I don't see why the $20 increase, $10, I'm ok with, $20 is too much for an extra 83 pieces or so. Hopefully they lower it down later on...

Pretty happy they released this because I missed out on the first one but what I'm disappointed in is the price, I don't see why the $20 increase, $10, I'm ok with, $20 is too much for an extra 83 pieces or so. Hopefully they lower it down later on...

The $20 isn't just for 83 additional pieces; it's for 83 additional pieces (including an additional minifigure), new prints on some of the pieces that were stickered before, and six years' worth of inflation since 2009. That still might not warrant $20, but I think it covers at least some of it, and it's hard to argue the set isn't really worth it (if anything, the original 10199 might have been kind of bargain-priced for what one got in it).

In other hobbies re-releases is a big part of business Tamiya (especially in the RC world) are renowned for there re-releases (with a few improvements and changes so you can still tell the original and re release apart) and fans cant get enough as used prices are stupid and spare parts are impossible to find, yes it does hurt the pockets of a few unfortunate collectors who have invested in certain models but prices do go back up once the re-releases are sold out, They still inovate and bring out new stuff, but nostalgia is a Massive seller for the brand.

I know its not LEGO's thing really but cant we all just accept it as we are not going to change it been released by complaining voice your opinion but some of the comments in here are laughable.

I don't mind and rather like that they are re-releasing a core building in the Winter Village. I always rather hate the collectable side to Lego where the fight is over limited released sets. By all means re-release those sets needed to keep hooking in the new fans.

But I am disappointed that the re-release is apparently taking the place of what would normally be a single annual special release. The re-release greatly benefits new fans to the line so they don't pay insane aftermarket prices. But a new release benefits all Lego fans equally.

But I am disappointed that the re-release is apparently taking the place of what would normally be a single annual special release.

There is a strong possibility that the re-release is instead of no release at all as has been discussed here.

I agree wholeheartedly with the rest of your post.

Plus, for the annoyed collectors here think about this:

The re-release allows a whole new legion of newly emerged fans to get into the theme. All those other sets you bought since the original TS release have instantly increased in value and desirability to these new arrivals. This goes double if it is discontinued after this release.

For myself, I was late to the theme and the last two sets have been very "meh" so I didn't get them. This one is different as it is a very nice set at a good price point.

Edited by dr_sarcophagus

Those caroler's faces will go well in my castle towns brothel

Next modular. Kittys saloon

But having more of the street lamps will be cool.

Edited by lanesteele240

just had a look on the new zealand s@h, and this set is $40NZD dearer than the first release. i paid $99 for the first toy shop, this one is $140NZD. i will still buy it, but the price is a bitter pill to swallow.

just had a look on the new zealand s@h, and this set is $40NZD dearer than the first release. i paid $99 for the first toy shop, this one is $140NZD. i will still buy it, but the price is a bitter pill to swallow.

Yes, TLG has jacked up prices a lot lately. The lonely mountain set was absurd, but the latest city sets are absolutely outrageous.

Yes, TLG has jacked up prices a lot lately. The lonely mountain set was absurd, but the latest city sets are absolutely outrageous.

This is sooo true. Im not buying as many sets because the normal 24.99 set is now 29.99. The 119.99 set is now 139.99. That is a huge incease for nothing much more added

This is sooo true. Im not buying as many sets because the normal 24.99 set is now 29.99. The 119.99 set is now 139.99. That is a huge incease for nothing much more added

i guess im lucky in that i dont buy near as many sets as others. if its not something i can make fit the winter village, i wont buy. sure, i look and admire and then try and make it fit, but its also easy for me to walk away.

Well, there's 70 Euros I don't have to spend this year.

What the hell, LEGO?

I will admit, I have taken one foot off the soapbox. What they have in this set that is actually NEW is great. The different toys is nice. My wallet & completionist thoughts have argued back & forth since the reveal. As of now, the completionist in me has won out...for now.

Are you ready for the NEW (haha) Winter Toy Shop? :laugh:

20949614142_3c5362c5f7_b.jpg

What country(s) is this calendar for? I thought double points was most of October. The calendar only shows 4 days.

Andy D

What country(s) is this calendar for? I thought double points was most of October. The calendar only shows 4 days.

Andy D

That's correct. It's only for 4 days in North America this time around.