Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Oh noo, they better did just one building and that one proper. Tram is nice but building not so much. Not worth 130. If 100 eur i will buy otherwise i will just asemble my own tram. Bit disappionting.

I like the candy shop and the tram but one thing I can’t stand is the use of the 4+ Pillars/doorway they also put in every Harry Potter set. You can see it on the inside picture of the music store. Used as grey window. The hollow back looks cheap. 

Hmmm, I don’t know how i feel about it.

the trolly looks lovely but the buildings are….ok. And I feel like it doesn’t have a Christmas charm the way Santa’s Visit, Elf Club House and previous sets have. However, the facade still  manages to charm me but not the insides. 

I may skip it over this price. 

Doesn't look like there are any musical instruments in the shop that are new (we get the violin from the CMF violinist, the same saxophone we have had for years, the white acoustic guitar first found in the Mickey Mouse boat and a brick built drum kit that has nothing special or new about it)

Looks kind of interesting but I don't like it enough to want to pay RRP for it...

I think the comments here are kind of laughable. I think this is one of the best WV sets to date. The outside of the buildings, what everyone will be displaying, looks amazing. So much nicer than the oversized / out of WV scale, very boring and blah Santa's Visit. 

And shockingly still only $100. I'm sold.

Also for some reason it’s called Christmas High Street over here 😅

Edited by domen151

That trolley is 100% awesome! I NEED to recolor it and make it less Christmas-y for my layout. (maybe blue instead of red and get rid of the green stripe?) I only need to replace the wheels with the old metal axle ones.

The trolley is great, the buildings are not. I'm indifferent to the facades...they're fine. But the methods of construction are not at all consistent with the Creator Expert line nor previous year's builds. We've come to expect something more than a glorified City building and this is a huge let down. Maybe they dumbed this theme down in order to market for a family build and if that's the case I'm not a fan.

I dont know if its the small kid in the Lego video but I think the Set looks quite big? Good enough for me for 100 bucks :) 2 really nice buildings, I dont agree on the "80ies Lego interior".

Funny that they cut the Light brick :D for that price and 1500 pieces they couldnt do it, right?!

Edited by DimiNi

I like it. It is looking great. So, yes the buildings are shallow but I think that actually as positive. More kind of CITY (or classic town) style. Which for me works perfect. 

Apart from that the tram is awesome.

This is such a cute set! The "downtown" feel of this set is so fresh and reminds me of old Christmas movies. The buildings and the tram look great. A part of me wonders what this would look like if you added actual train tracks for the tram, maybe even built into the street with the new road plates.

25 minutes ago, CDM said:

The trolley is great, the buildings are not. I'm indifferent to the facades...they're fine. But the methods of construction are not at all consistent with the Creator Expert line nor previous year's builds. We've come to expect something more than a glorified City building and this is a huge let down. Maybe they dumbed this theme down in order to market for a family build and if that's the case I'm not a fan.

I wondered that too. Maybe not so much about being dumbed down, but splitting the build into four separate components so they can advertise it as something for four people to build. That's nice, but I still would have preferred slightly deeper buildings and/or just one that was more detailed. Still don't really like the style of them for the Winter Village.

17 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

This is such a cute set! The "downtown" feel of this set is so fresh and reminds me of old Christmas movies. The buildings and the tram look great. A part of me wonders what this would look like if you added actual train tracks for the tram, maybe even built into the street with the new road plates.

The trolley is awesome though, and yes, I'd definitely like to try and incorporate tiled roads over the tracks. Possibly a cobbled street if I can get enough round tiles. It would look brilliant.

40 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Does anyone know who designed this one?

Jaysbrickblog 

10308 Holiday Main Street is designed by LEGO Creative Lead Jamie Berard who had this to say: “The annual LEGO Winter Village sets are one of my all-time favorite holiday traditions.  The Holiday Main Street brings together a whole downtown of activity and imagination into one set.  Building as an individual or as a family, you’ll discover a model with all the hustle and bustle of a festive shopping street – complete with trolley, snow topped shops and children posting letters. I especially like the brick-built toys in the toy shop and the super-cute mini-Christmas tree in the upper apartment.  They just make me smile.”

30 minutes ago, Yellowturnip said:

Jaysbrickblog 

10308 Holiday Main Street is designed by LEGO Creative Lead Jamie Berard who had this to say: “The annual LEGO Winter Village sets are one of my all-time favorite holiday traditions.  The Holiday Main Street brings together a whole downtown of activity and imagination into one set.  Building as an individual or as a family, you’ll discover a model with all the hustle and bustle of a festive shopping street – complete with trolley, snow topped shops and children posting letters. I especially like the brick-built toys in the toy shop and the super-cute mini-Christmas tree in the upper apartment.  They just make me smile.”

Well, that’s real shame it’s not Chris McVeight. 

I'm as pleased as punch, and for 100$ dollars...   I don't mind the lack of a light brick.  They are fine as a play feature, but in terms of display, you have to figure out a way to make sure it stays on, and have batteries lying around.  As for the trolley with track, there are many videos out there that show how to incorporate track with the new road plate system.  The one think I would did different is use white tiles instead of gray to fill he space between the track.  But it will require a little experimentation... looking forward to it.  I think I will get the off brand R24 (lego brand are R40) curves to create a tight loop for the trolley so it can run up and down main street without taking up to much space, especially since my Winter Village train will run on a different track.  I agree the buildings are shallow, but in terms of display where you set the set up to be looked out from one angle, they are fine. I think they sent with two smaller buildings to give the impression of more of a street area, with several shops on it.  

Now with better pics I can say I love it, but the Toy Shop didn't really need to be another Toy Shop. Maybe a cafeteria or something:

Cozy Christmas Coffee Shop Ambience with Christmas Music, Fireplace and Coffee  Shop Background Noise - YouTube

Edited by Robert8

It’s not like the interiors of businesses past have been full of details, they’ve all been sparse. The houses are a different story. I’m loving it even more now but as mentioned above, a new instrument would’ve been been more than welcomed. I do love the new sweater prints though. And the Charlie Brown like one I’m glad to have...eventually. 

I am looking at the pics Keba put up, and I kind of wish the building had no edges on the left and right, that the "floor" was flush with the building.  The reason being, I google Main Streets, and High Streets, and the buildings are wall to wall.  I understand some people don't like the aesthetic, but small towns in Europe and the U.S. both have this in common, and I think it would be nice to mimic that.

2 hours ago, keba said:

308465452_2276500585841674_2664833023272386448_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s600x600&_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=7Ey8V-Ih4j0AX_2i8RR&_nc_ht=scontent-vie1-1.xx&oh=00_AT9D0vCxhgvBioN2OPpv1NJx3zF9dIJF2aMCwbn-FM60Vw&oe=63327171 Morda je slika naslednjega: igrača

Thank you, this looks LOVELY! Can`t wait to make a small and cozy street out of several of these buildings that easily can be de-Xmas-ed! :pir-love: