Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 15 Rumors and Discussion

My least favorite is the Wrestling Champion but, as others said, the Farmer is kinda lackluster too

This mismatch in the printing annoys me

23463308101_b8129abc5b_n.jpg

That's a render in case you didn't notice already.

Well, we have already seen printing "errors" in the past as well, e.g. the two minifigs in Ice Cream Machine, the doctor in 4429 Helicopter Rescue, the lifeguard from Series 2 with her yellowish cleavage, the fisherman from Series 3 with his orange overall, the Classic King from Series 13 for whom the red-yellow of the body didn't really match the colours of the legs. I wouldn't have cared that much if they had gone with corresponding official images, but no, they had to edit the pictures to make them look alright. Which is exactly what clone brands do.

I think it's the farmer, he's not a bad minifigure at all, but he's the least appealing to me. Although those dual molded legs look great.

My least favorite is the Wrestling Champion but, as others said, the Farmer is kinda lackluster too

This mismatch in the printing annoys me

-snip-

Dooku dosnt like it when people dont think hes the best *force chokes*

Guys everybody is entitled to have an opinion. I totally have no use for the shark suit guy plus:

- he has no hands

- he comes without acessories

- he has no reusable parts

- he is a very specific minifigure and I cant use him in nothing except perhaps a costume theme party.

He probably will end up being one of the most expensive but that doesn't change the fact I have zero use for him and I have reasons for disliking him

The other use is to leave him in a drawer and get him out in two years and trade for 10 useful figures. That's what I did with the bunny guy. :-)

My least favourite is probably the janitor. As a collector of fantasy/mythological, historical, horror, super hero and sci-fi minifigs, I can't really think of a use for him or any of his parts.

He can keep those clean?

My main figures are sic fi, historical & castle figures, but I like to collect all them also Sometimes you never when they might come in good use. My imagination can run wild with different ideas on how to use each figure :grin:

19ED5CBA-34B0-492E-85DC-E5990714F302.jpgI'm not long collecting but I'm happy with what Iv got so far. I like rarity and valuable figures.

Shark guy will look good in there!:)

Edited by davidmull

Favorites:

Janitor - Just an overall nice figure, although it annoys me that these "blue collar" figures always has visible nametags, it looks bad if you want a crew of them.

Pig farmer - Nice to get that overalls outfit in a new color (just hope they match better than the azure/medium blue in the picture), the brown-eye print on the pig is a tad specific so I'll probably only buy one.

Faun - Just cute.

Least favorite:

Laser robot - Dull, generic recolor of the equally uninteresting series 9 and 11 robots.

Interesting parts:

Wrestler - That mullet.

Clumsy guy - Completely stupid as a character but the parts are useful for accident and hospital scenes. Also, T-shirt.

Animal control - The skunk is nice but why does this style of figure always have a girl-specific chest piece? It was the same with the S5 Zookeeper and the S13 Archeologist, the latter also had a hat with an unnecessarily feminine hairstyle. Especially if I wanted a team of them it's needlessly limiting that I can't have some males too.

I'd preferred a brick-built dress for the Queen, but I guess aligning the print on the ends of 8 pieces would be a bit complex, and it wouldn't fit the outermost studs on the base plate.

post-129815-0-46318500-1449537147_thumb.jpg

Brick built dress may fall apart when changing torso or handling, Plus hard to print on separate bricks than 1 whole piece. Just my opinion..

I'm all about that Satyr. Winged Warior and Queen are also must-haves. Fantasy themed figs are always welcome in my collection. Also probably shark man.

I'd preferred a brick-built dress for the Queen, but I guess aligning the print on the ends of 8 pieces would be a bit complex, and it wouldn't fit the outermost studs on the base plate.

I'm much more excited about a new dress piece. Brick-built is great for structures, vehicles, landscapes, and such, but not for characters or creatures (in my opinion).

I agree with x105Black. The dress piece is a welcome change to the usual dress slope, though I am unsure if it will have the torso attachment like regular legs...

A brick-built dress of that caliber is also way too many parts for a CMF bag. No figure exceeds 10 parts, and the assortments are mostly specialty parts with a lack of bricks... I will say it does a great job of capturing the voluminous feel of the Queen's dress.

Guys everybody is entitled to have an opinion. I totally have no use for the shark suit guy plus:

- he has no hands

- he comes without acessories

- he has no reusable parts

- he is a very specific minifigure and I cant use him in nothing except perhaps a costume theme party.

He probably will end up being one of the most expensive but that doesn't change the fact I have zero use for him and I have reasons for disliking him

Agreed. I have both other shark figs, Atlantis and Harry Potter, and the shark parts of those figs so far have been useless.

Shark Suit Guy has double face

One happy face and one worried face

Similar to the S14 Plant Monster, it seems like the shark is eating him O___________________O

Kendoka is a guy (but we already knew that)

His face looks somewhat similar to this one:

22973710243_e146e5a2d5_o.png

Edited by Robert8

Brick built dress may fall apart when changing torso or handling, Plus hard to print on separate bricks than 1 whole piece.

I'm much more excited about a new dress piece. Brick-built is great for structures, vehicles, landscapes, and such, but not for characters or creatures (in my opinion).

Yes, it's a matter of taste, and the brick-built solution is definitely not without problems (I'd imagine the bottom plates frequently coming off). I was mostly speaking from a purist point of view, that it's better to use existing parts than make new ones. I also feel 4 studs is just a tad too wide even for a dress of this style, but it's possible the cape helps balance it out. And then I was intrigued by the puzzle-tastic look of the print distributed over 8 pieces, while I guess others would complain about visible seams and minor misalignments.

A brick-built dress of that caliber is also way too many parts for a CMF bag. No figure exceeds 10 parts, and the assortments are mostly specialty parts with a lack of bricks.

That's clearly a point, I could only find two CMFs with 3 bricks; the Team GB Gymnast (2 bricks, 1 plate) and the Fortune Teller (2 tiles, 1 slope). I guess there's trouble if the figure would need it's own detailed building instruction, I suspect there would be a significant fraction of the "non-builder" collectors who'd have a hard time getting the pattern right.

Not to mention, any "builds" in the sets are incredibly simple, with the maximum usually being three pieces. That dress would be too complicated, and waste space on the pamphlet inside. One new figure part is much easier and much more useful.

I was mostly speaking from a purist point of view, that it's better to use existing parts than make new ones.

I don't always agree with this perspective. There have been many suggestions for newer parts that are better suited for specific purposes. While I agree that there are often great, undiscovered uses for certain parts, I am perfectly fine with the creation of new parts to expand the catalog of what we already have. Hopefully these new parts will have additional, innovative uses as well.

Shark Suit Guy has double face

One happy face and one worried face

Similar to the S14 Plant Monster, it seems like the shark is eating him O___________________O

Kendoka is a guy (but we already knew that)

His face looks somewhat similar to this one:

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to see them for myself, along with the other faces obscured by headpieces like the Scary Knight and Laser Robot.

Well, we have already seen printing "errors" in the past as well, e.g. the two minifigs in Ice Cream Machine, the doctor in 4429 Helicopter Rescue, the lifeguard from Series 2 with her yellowish cleavage, the fisherman from Series 3 with his orange overall, the Classic King from Series 13 for whom the red-yellow of the body didn't really match the colours of the legs. I wouldn't have cared that much if they had gone with corresponding official images, but no, they had to edit the pictures to make them look alright. Which is exactly what clone brands do.

LEGO didn't "edit" the images of those figures at all. The images of the Series 2 Lifeguard, Series 3 Fisherman, and Series 13 Classic King were all renders, so instances of the darker plastic color showing through the lighter, contrasting ink color would not have existed for them unless LEGO edited the pictures to reflect that phenomenon. Whereas the images of Helicopter Rescue and Ice Cream Machine were photos, and the color mismatch was just as evident in the official images as in the production version of the sets.

This is an entirely different issue — the rendered image of the Farmer has a mis-match between the blue color printed on his torso and the blue color of his pants, which creates the impression that they are not intended to match in the first place (or that the colors were put into the computer wrong). The torso appears to be printed in Dark Azur, while the legs appear to be Medium Blue. It's not an issue where the plastic color is showing through the ink color, because there is no plastic and there is no ink — the entire image is digital. Now, it's not unheard of for renders to have their own issues, but the plastic color showing through the ink color is not one of them.

The more stylized render of the Farmer that appears on the box pic seems to have the colors match as they should, so we'll see which turns out to be more accurate. It's entirely possible the color mismatch in the pic of the unpackaged minifigures was just an error — maybe a preliminary version of the set used Dark Azur for both parts, and the person putting together that image remembered to change the leg color but forgot to change the decoration color on the torso.

I have more pics (renders) and the Farmer doesn't look mismatched. It has to be a mistake in that specific image

I have more pics (renders) and the Farmer doesn't look mismatched. It has to be a mistake in that specific image

Mind sharing those pics so all of us can see them? :)