CM4Sci

2016 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Having considered all the new pictures the Z06 is the only one I am still interested in. I dont like German cars (so Porsche and Audi are out) and I dont like Fords (so the Mustang and F150 are out) and I am just not feeling the Camaro (if it had been yellow like Bumblebee in Transformers maybe I might be interested but red and black just don't get me excited)

Is the Corvette yellow or is it the same color as the McLaren?

I hope it isn't. I want to mod it and the bright light orange is hard to come by. It was a chore to mod the McLaren.

Edit: comparing it to the minifig face in the same pic, I'm optimistic that it's regular yellow.

Edited by SirBlake

That Z06 is a sexy car, might have to get it anyway, despite not being a fan of american cars. (and in turn, if i pick up the Z06, ill probably get the mustang as fell to fill out the wave of single car sets)

The Audis are a must buy right away, less then four weeks to go!

Nice review, thanks for posting it!

I am seriously considering scanning the sticker sheet and recoloring or printing them on clear water slide decal paper so I can make different colors.

I am seriously considering scanning the sticker sheet and recoloring or printing them on clear water slide decal paper so I can make different colors.

This. All this. Seriously, why hasn't this become a thing?

This. All this. Seriously, why hasn't this become a thing?

I don't know, but if I do end up doing that I'll happily share files.

We've only got a couple of weeks left until official availability. I bet these sets start surfacing this week.

Managed to buy the R8 and Mustang in Copenhagen airport duty free. They worked out at about £11 each too! Weirdly there was no sign of them anywhere else in Denmark.

They weren't for sale it the Lego Brand stores in either the city centre or the airport but just the duty free. I'd imagine we will see them everywhere imminently.

same thing happened last year Copenhagen Airport for some reason puts them out for sale about 2 weeks before street date (never been but the evidence supports the trend)

Do you guys need pictures of the back of some boxes?

Yes, that would be great. I'm especially interested in the Ford F150 Raptor!

I got the Raptor at TRU on Sunday, they literally put it on the shelf while I was in the store. I'm saving the Raptor for my girlfriend to build, since the real truck is the one vehicle she really, really wants, but the sticker sheet for it looks great to the point where I won't mind using them at all.

I did build the Deuce coupe last night not expecting to come away as impressed as I did. The printed door pieces look awesome once they're on the car, and the whole build gives off a Model Team vibe. I really did not think I'd love the hot rod as much as I do. Now I can't wait to see the Raptor built.

Just checked my local TRU, no new sets yet, but the manager (who is really nice and very helpful) said they're getting a cool new display with them when they do come in and all of last year's sets were going to go on clearance. He said to check back in the next week or two.

TRU has them available on their website with free shipping of orders over $19.

Thanks for the heads up! Order submitted. I'll be having Mustang vs. Camaro races soon!

I've just built the R8 and I can't say I like it too much. The large sticker(s) that make up the front lights and grille just looks too out of place and looks strange. This was one of my most anticipated Speed champions sets but in reality it's my least favourite so far.

WOW, some nice price surprises on the Toys-R-US site, 917-919 set is $69.99 down from my projected guess of 79.99 (based off a euro price) and the Camaros are 29.99 (down from a projected 34.99) the rest were correct in USD. now the dilemma.... buy from toys-r-us and get them a little sooner or wait and order from Lego, and get some points/spend points.... hmm

That was a no-brainer for me. Order now! lol

I've just built the R8 and I can't say I like it too much. The large sticker(s) that make up the front lights and grille just looks too out of place and looks strange. This was one of my most anticipated Speed champions sets but in reality it's my least favourite so far.

I have a harder time liking the race cars just because they make an already too-stickered piece even more so. Still, of the race cars, I think the R8 is pretty cool. Don't think I'll be getting that one though. I got all of the non-race cars last year and I'll do the same this year. I'm defining race car as one in race spec with sponsor stickers and such. So even though the Camaros are racing, they look like street cars. Plus, I'm just psyched for the American cars.